• Please log in to reply
1913 replies to this topic

#1891 GILiveRadio

GILiveRadio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

The problem with this is is makes no mention of:
- Condition of labels on cartridge games. Cartridge games don't get scratches, they get peanut butter and jelly gunk and tears/fading on the labels.

Couldn't it be argued that it makes it in less than "excellent condition" considering the definition of "excellent" on glyde means no personal markings? What I think it comes down to is common sense. If it has peanut butter and jelly on it, then it obviously isn't excellent. Problem is, some sellers don't seem to have common sense....

:360: GI Mvideoplus
Visit us @ 8bitfix.com

#1892 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Couldn't it be argued that it makes it in less than "excellent condition" considering the definition of "excellent" on glyde means no personal markings? What I think it comes down to is common sense. If it has peanut butter and jelly on it, then it obviously isn't excellent. Problem is, some sellers don't seem to have common sense....

Some of these jokers know what their sending, they just don't want put it up for sale on a reputable site like Amazon or Ebay with PayPal/customer protection, or trade it's too crappy condition on CAG, GTZ or at Gamestop. Their trying to pawn it off on some buyer and hoping for a idiot to make quick cash, then you have some morons in the mix selling and a few actual good sellers.

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#1893 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

I know earlier in the week I was complaining about how long shipping takes as it wasn't supposed to be here until the middle of the week, but it actually arrived yesterday. On top of that the copy is pristine, very very happy with Glyde at this point, think I'll go back and see if I can't get some more stuff off there.

125365.png

#1894 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

The $5 discount for new users when you register and make your first purchase using an Ambassador link ends this Thursday at noon PST.

Ambassador link: glyde.com/?rid=2pjymv
(The $5 off shows automatically in your cart, not up top under Glyde balance)

#1895 dano1mark1

dano1mark1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

i refered a NEW member but they got the $5 off but im wondering when i get my $5 from refering a friend

#1896 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Two of my orders with the $5 off hasn't shipped and I don't think they're going to, on both games the sellers received the mailers almost a week ago. I've been emailing customer service and they said they will replace the $5 coupons if the orders are cancelled. So that's good news.

#1897 beard.

beard.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Four of mine from the $5 off fiasco have arrived while my last one finally shipped the other day and should be here soon. Wasn't expecting to get all 5 but I'll definitely take it!

#1898 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Glyde is a good idea with bad execution if you ask me. I used to sell my stuff on there but there always ended up problems. Either the mailers would come so much later or never at all. Sometimes I would get mailers for stuff I never even sold. I would have buyers take the case/manual and send back only the game or even swap out the game with their cracked/scratched copies (I had a watermark to verify it wasn't my copy).

As a buyer it was equally unreliable, mostly because the majority of sellers on Glyde lie about the quality. The accountability is so much less without a feedback system in place that sellers can pretty much send you anything and if it's crap and you want to return it Glyde punishes the buyer by splitting the return cost.

At least eBay & Amazon have measures in place where you dispute the quality of something without getting penalized for a poor seller. You may pay $5 more, but that's like them giving you a free turn at a slot machine. You might end up winning, but you will probably lose.

#1899 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I don't think they're open Sunday not sure about Saturday. They will have to extend the deadline for you if they haven't replied to your message relax.

I received a reply from a CS rep at 10:55 PM on 07/22. That's Sunday night. Pretty obvious that they were working from home, which I find really nice -- almost like 24 hour service.

Hurry while supplies last :!: LOL

Even more evidence some of these sellers are plainly retarded............

In regards to overpriced items, I'm guessing those are 3rd party merchant links, with a contract deal from Glyde. Have you noticed that you can't list certain things as used but the same things are available for purchase as new? And that you can't list more than a few dollars above the "suggested market price?" That's probably why.

#1900 NismoZ32

NismoZ32

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Just thought I would post for those wondering that I received my "swag" kit today.
It's the t-shirt from the page with a little thank you card. T-shirt is made out of a nice material and will gladly wear this. Thanks Glyde! :D

Posted Image

Edit:
The back:
It says "Help Sonic collect his rings. Sell your old vidoe games, gadgets, and dvds on Glyde. Glyde.com"
Posted Image

Edited by NismoZ32, 25 July 2012 - 11:28 PM.
Back

#1901 dano1mark1

dano1mark1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

mine was beat up mario shirt not sonic

#1902 PsiScream

PsiScream

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

i refered a NEW member but they got the $5 off but im wondering when i get my $5 from refering a friend

I haven't received my $5 'refer a friend' bonus either, even though they've since received the game in the mail.

#1903 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

I also got my t-shirt. Mine has a beat up Link.

I also got two $5 refer a friend bonuses already from when the coupons were working for everyone. I have no idea if they were actually 2 new users or not.

#1904 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

My $11.50 Excellent copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss arrived in (*drum roll*) excellent condition (complete w/ box)! \\:D/

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Normal] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1905 acsguitar

acsguitar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Current copy of P4 Arena for under 40 bucks shipped Disc Only Ps3. For penny pinchers like myself could be a deal :)

#1906 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Current copy of P4 Arena for under 40 bucks shipped Disc Only Ps3. For penny pinchers like myself could be a deal :)

I could never pay anywhere near $40 for any game thats disc only even if it just came out.

#1907 acsguitar

acsguitar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

I could never pay anywhere near $40 for any game thats disc only even if it just came out.

I get it. For me if it was a game I wanted I'd totally do it. I'm not really a collector nor a re-player and I tend to spill beer on my game cases and art half the time :)

#1908 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

There are some games I have disc only but I usually pay <$5 for them.

#1909 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Just thought I would post for those wondering that I received my "swag" kit today.
It's the t-shirt from the page with a little thank you card. T-shirt is made out of a nice material and will gladly wear this. Thanks Glyde! :D

Posted Image

Edit:
The back:
It says "Help Sonic collect his rings. Sell your old vidoe games, gadgets, and dvds on Glyde. Glyde.com"
Posted Image

got the same shirt
WOOOO I STINK

#1910 synopsis

synopsis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

My shirt is Mario with a black eye. Says "give Mario a 1up" on the back.

#1911 acsguitar

acsguitar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

There are some games I have disc only but I usually pay <$5 for them.

ha true...i do like that game stop doesn't care if you trade in Disc Only though. Comes in handy for me when I'm short cases :)

#1912 GenoStarrz

GenoStarrz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Referal on my sig. Btw how long did it take you guys to get your shirts?

#1913 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Any deal on cyber Monday?

#1914 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Havent seen any new deals and I got both the Mario and the Sonic shirt

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com