Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale Live Now B&M Only YMMV

rvdnsx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Stopped by the Gamestop on Dundee Rd. in Palatine, IL this morning to make some trade ins and noticed they had signs up for B2G1 Free on all used games. Figured they forgot to take down the signage so I asked the employee and he said the sale started today and is running through Monday. YMMV but you might wanna either call or stop by your local GS for this "unadvertised" B2G1 free sale, but YMMV on this.

Definitely YMMV. I was in several Gamestops today in the DC area using the 25% off coupon. I'm friendly with several of the clerks, and they would have told me if this was on there. Good luck to those who can find it though.

My gamestop (literally around the corner from me in Chicago) has a B2G1 at least three times a month. There's one going on now...

The Niles, IL GS right by the Crown Village 18 cinema is also having the deal...Many Gamestops in the area seem to have this deal quite often, especially the ones at Brickyard. ...Though right now, in some cases, it's actually cheaper to use the 25% off coupon.

their sales must be bad if they keep offering the b2g1f. i suggest that you guys hold off until they are desperate and put out better sales.

[quote name='RandyTsai']their sales must be bad if they keep offering the b2g1f. i suggest that you guys hold off until they are desperate and put out better sales.[/QUOTE]
Because B2G1F is such a crappy deal?

[quote name='RandyTsai']their sales must be bad if they keep offering the b2g1f. i suggest that you guys hold off until they are desperate and put out better sales.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has had so many sales over the past few months, and the most recent one had to be ended early due to lack of stock. I don't think they are in any kind of trouble.

This may be a Chicago Land deal. I saw my local GameStop had the sign out in front for a B2G1 free sale as well and I live in Lake County, IN. Only been past one though.

I can't remember the last time I was in a Gamestop that wasn't crowded. I think they're doing just fine.

Granted, the state of the economy is probably a big reason for all these sales, but I don't think they're in any trouble.

This may not be exclusive to IL. I dropped by my gamestop in Statesboro, GA and they had the huge deal sign up which is the one they have put up during other b2g1 deals. I'm going to drop in when they open at 1 pm and see if it is indeed going on.

edit- just got back from the store and they were not doing the B2G1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr. Dib']This may be a Chicago Land deal. I saw my local GameStop had the sign out in front for a B2G1 free sale as well and I live in Lake County, IN. Only been past one though.[/QUOTE]

The store in Hanover Park (Barrington & Irving Park roads) wasn't doing it when I was there yesterday.

[quote name='bvharris']I can't remember the last time I was in a Gamestop that wasn't crowded. I think they're doing just fine.

Granted, the state of the economy is probably a big reason for all these sales, but I don't think they're in any trouble.[/QUOTE]

yah, thats exactly how you gauge their performance.

Guys I posted about this on Friday afternoon in the Gamestop weekly coupon section but I was reluctant to make a thread for it. I was told that it was for GS which are located in "competitive markets" -- meaning very close to gamecrazy. I got a bit of flack for even mentioning it though.

[quote name='bgame2']Guys I posted about this on Friday afternoon in the Gamestop weekly coupon section but I was reluctant to make a thread for it. I was told that it was for GS which are located in "competitive markets" -- meaning very close to gamecrazy. I got a bit of flack for even mentioning it though.[/QUOTE]

That would be why the Palatine, IL store is having it because there is a Gamecrazy a couple doors down.

I would rather use the coupon for this week. I drive myself crazy trying to match 3 games of the exact price. This coupon is perfect cause you can have a 35 and 18 dollar game

[quote name='tbassett']I would rather use the coupon for this week. I drive myself crazy trying to match 3 games of the exact price. This coupon is perfect cause you can have a 35 and 18 dollar game[/QUOTE]

I'm the same. To take advantage of B2G1 one should always get games at the same price range. How many times have seen in threads someone gets two $50 games and their "free" game is a $25 one? This coupon would serve that purpose much better.

[quote name='robbyH']25% coupon and edge card is better than b2g1.[/QUOTE]
It all depends on what you are buying. I think this has been discussed at length in every single Gamestop thread, so your comment is quite silly.

[quote name='dino88']It all depends on what you are buying. I think this has been discussed at length in every single Gamestop thread, so your comment is quite silly.[/QUOTE]

i'm not 100% sure, but i believe you just burned yourself.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'm not 100% sure, but i believe you just burned yourself.[/QUOTE]

How so? If you do the math, B2G1 + Edge is 40% off max, and that's only if you all 3 games you buy are the same price.

The current coupon gets you 35% off, no matter the price points of your games.

[quote name='saturnotaku']That would be why the Palatine, IL store is having it because there is a Gamecrazy a couple doors down.[/QUOTE]

that gamecrazy seems to never have a single game I wanna buy.

I have 5 GS around me and 1 GC, so definitely not a "competitive" enough market for them to just drop B2G1 without it being nationwide. All the stores around me doing just fine though, always packed, so I doubt theyll ever have to do random B2G1.

bread's done
Back