Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale Live Now B&M Only YMMV

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 rvdnsx

rvdnsx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

Stopped by the Gamestop on Dundee Rd. in Palatine, IL this morning to make some trade ins and noticed they had signs up for B2G1 Free on all used games. Figured they forgot to take down the signage so I asked the employee and he said the sale started today and is running through Monday. YMMV but you might wanna either call or stop by your local GS for this "unadvertised" B2G1 free sale, but YMMV on this.

#2 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

Hmmm.
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#3 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

Might have to go up there tomorrow.

#4 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm in IL too, might check @ my local store later. (Normal, IL)

#5 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

The two Gamestop's at Chicago Ridge Mall were both having the B2g1 sale.
Posted Image

#6 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

Definitely YMMV. I was in several Gamestops today in the DC area using the 25% off coupon. I'm friendly with several of the clerks, and they would have told me if this was on there. Good luck to those who can find it though.

33126.png

#7 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

2 for 1 is going at the gilbert, az gamestop I went to today. The guy mentioned it when I handed him the 25% off coupon.

Currently Playing: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)  -  Dead Nation (PS4)

Recently Finished: Uncharted 3 (PS3) / B+ - South Park: The Stick of Truth / B+ (PS3)

#8 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

Seriously?

#9 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

None of the 5 gamestops in my area doing this. :*(
Posted Image

#10 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:18 AM

My gamestop (literally around the corner from me in Chicago) has a B2G1 at least three times a month. There's one going on now...

#11 parab01a

parab01a

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

This is for the weekend I'm guessing. Right?

#12 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

post this in the regional deals!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#13 Kush

Kush

Pixelated Sausage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:47 AM

The Niles, IL GS right by the Crown Village 18 cinema is also having the deal...Many Gamestops in the area seem to have this deal quite often, especially the ones at Brickyard. ...Though right now, in some cases, it's actually cheaper to use the 25% off coupon.

#14 RandyTsai

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

their sales must be bad if they keep offering the b2g1f. i suggest that you guys hold off until they are desperate and put out better sales.

#15 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

their sales must be bad if they keep offering the b2g1f. i suggest that you guys hold off until they are desperate and put out better sales.

Because B2G1F is such a crappy deal?

#16 funky_chicken

funky_chicken

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:54 AM

My local EB was running this sale when I went in there today to trade in some games.

#17 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:47 AM

Gamestop has had so many sales over the past few months, and the most recent one had to be ended early due to lack of stock. I don't think they are in any kind of trouble.

#18 brianmoy

brianmoy

Brian the best I can.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:14 AM

Woould be nice if its going on in Portland
-----

Check out my website:
Posted Image
Since Dec 12, 2007.

#19 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

May have to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

#20 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

This may be a Chicago Land deal. I saw my local GameStop had the sign out in front for a B2G1 free sale as well and I live in Lake County, IN. Only been past one though.

#21 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

I can't remember the last time I was in a Gamestop that wasn't crowded. I think they're doing just fine.

Granted, the state of the economy is probably a big reason for all these sales, but I don't think they're in any trouble.

33126.png

#22 isd71

isd71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

This may not be exclusive to IL. I dropped by my gamestop in Statesboro, GA and they had the huge deal sign up which is the one they have put up during other b2g1 deals. I'm going to drop in when they open at 1 pm and see if it is indeed going on.

edit- just got back from the store and they were not doing the B2G1

Edited by isd71, 02 August 2009 - 06:00 PM.

#23 Trader05

Trader05

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

i just got back from my gamestop in Ewing, NJ. Picked up a couple of games

#24 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

This may be a Chicago Land deal. I saw my local GameStop had the sign out in front for a B2G1 free sale as well and I live in Lake County, IN. Only been past one though.

The store in Hanover Park (Barrington & Irving Park roads) wasn't doing it when I was there yesterday.

#25 RandyTsai

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

I can't remember the last time I was in a Gamestop that wasn't crowded. I think they're doing just fine.

Granted, the state of the economy is probably a big reason for all these sales, but I don't think they're in any trouble.

yah, thats exactly how you gauge their performance.

#26 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

no B2G1 free deal at the Gamestop in Santee, CA.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#27 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

Guys I posted about this on Friday afternoon in the Gamestop weekly coupon section but I was reluctant to make a thread for it. I was told that it was for GS which are located in "competitive markets" -- meaning very close to gamecrazy. I got a bit of flack for even mentioning it though.

#28 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

Guys I posted about this on Friday afternoon in the Gamestop weekly coupon section but I was reluctant to make a thread for it. I was told that it was for GS which are located in "competitive markets" -- meaning very close to gamecrazy. I got a bit of flack for even mentioning it though.

That would be why the Palatine, IL store is having it because there is a Gamecrazy a couple doors down.

#29 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

I would rather use the coupon for this week. I drive myself crazy trying to match 3 games of the exact price. This coupon is perfect cause you can have a 35 and 18 dollar game

#30 technole

technole

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

I would rather use the coupon for this week. I drive myself crazy trying to match 3 games of the exact price. This coupon is perfect cause you can have a 35 and 18 dollar game

I'm the same. To take advantage of B2G1 one should always get games at the same price range. How many times have seen in threads someone gets two $50 games and their "free" game is a $25 one? This coupon would serve that purpose much better.

technole.png