CAGcast #168: Stay Classy, Xbox Live!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
A Cagcast that is NSFW? Excellent for me to listen to at the office, with earbuds or course. Thanks for getting this finished before your trip Cheapy, will make my Monday go nicer at work.

I don't think my mother will let me listen to this... Apparently CheapyD tries to explain how he isn't racist but accidentally converts Wombat into being a Scientologist... I read it on Wiki.

Pushes the boundaries ehh? downloading now : )

It blows my mind what people can get out of sending hate messages to people they don't even know; Nice work on putting all those audio clips together Wombat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Wombat and Cheapy are like magnets for sickness and displeasures, their kids (well Cheapy) are always sick, the dog is always bleeding...jeez

Isane...just heard the part where you guys read the texts and played the audio...fucken insane...pretty shameful and sad

Cheapy and Wombat do you think SEGA believes these games they are putting out and have put out will sell?

So that's why I've had all these random people I don't know adding me on Live. Being Wombat's friend apparently is enough to draw their attention eh?

I had a similar reaction to Cheapy. I thought it was funny at first but that was DISGUSTING. I've been off Live for a while and I do not miss it.

a cagcast on monday? nice! those voice messages were just... blaaaah... they weren't even funny. some people... they don't know how to use swear words appropriately.. hehehe...

I liked the voice mail messages, but it was pretty sad. Well, the loud, obnoxious ones were funny. I also don't know if you should've played those messages, or at the very least given out these peoples' Gamertags.

If you want to ask yourselves what Sega titles are going to sell, look no further than Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics.

I liked the Kotaku article by Totilo talking about the prices of XBLA games rising, but I think the timing of the article was off. If the article came out a couple of months ago, or was held until a large group of Arcade titles came out that cost $15 that the quality was questionable at best, it would've been better received, or at least given more thought to by gamers.

wtf@those hate messages. Wow.

Also Fat Princess is great, I like it like I liked TF2. Hope they sort out those network issues, good to hear they are working on them at least.

Thanks for the cagcast, now if we could only gets these with some regularity.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if you posted the GTs of some of those people along with their messages on a blog or something. There's nothing like a little public shame to get these people to change their attitudes.

Xbox Live really needs moderators with banhammers.

"Blood, Poop, and Green Skin Monsters" sounds like an awesome title for a B-movie.

And those 360 messages were ridiculous, no wonder I don't have my headset plugged in unless I'm playing with CAGs.

Wow@Xbox Live users...I'm glad you shared how nasty they can be, kind of sad really.

As for Fat Princess, it is great with friends to be sure. I do enjoy being a worker though, especially once you get upgraded.

I learned about the new episode not from Wombat or CheapyD, but from my wife, of all people. As she was seeing me off this morning for work, she asked me if I had the new CAGCast on my Zune. I asked her how she knew there was a new episode, and she said that she saw Wombat's Facebook status update (we both have friended Wombat and Mrs. Wombat on our Facebook pages). I thought that was an interesting start to my morning.

By the way, I'm participating in the new dashboard update, and I've noticed markedly improved speed when accessing game content both locally and via XBL Markeplace.

I never understood why it took several seconds with the NXE's first go-round especially when querying the list of games from my Game's Library -- all of that was stored locally on my machine -- but here's to hoping that these issues are quietly resolved when August 11 rolls around.

LMMFAO @ Wombat XBL Messages.
Did you read and listen to each and every message?
I'm mad that I missed you in the spotlight?
What exactly did you say to incite such a riot (of laughter and expletives).

I love and completely agree with Wombat's rant on DJ Hero/ Guitar Hero 5/ Band Hero. Too many of these damn games, I can't imagine that retailers are happy with giving up space for these games also. I hope these games are a big bundle of fail so I can stop hearing about them.

the voice messages were hilarious. i've gotten one like that before... the XBL community is so terrible.

(here's a youtube of the message i got... this was the result of simply beating this guy in SSF2THDR... he also tried to disconnect before the match ended, but he was a moment too late and I got my win..warning: explicit language http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myLVRRszGHY

Can't you watch netflix on Apple TV? I was able to install the Netflix plugin for Windows Media Center and signed up for a free trial.

Wow, those messages make me ashamed to be a part of the Xbox Live community. I immediately went and checked my privacy settings after hearing that. Just another reason to game with people you know.

After hearing that clip, I'm glad I always have friends online who will play or chat with me, whether it be the same game or different. I would never want to hear people like that online, ever.

This is in reply to the part of the CAGcast where Wombat gets spammed with bad messages:

I LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON.

I was on Gears 2 the other day and stuff like that happened to me too because my team won. Friends only is what I do on Live and those messages just blow my mind on how negative and hateful people are. Wombat you're a BADASS MOFO!!!

Wow, those messages are disturbing. In text they are somewhat funny but listening to someone 18 years and younger threaten to beat your ass is just disgusting.

I haven't been on Xbox live recently but there was a casual gaming group that offered to invite me but they said I had to be initiated first which meant that all the regulars called me "$$$" and stuff to see if I could take it and then see if I could reciprocate the "insults". fuck that. That is the stupidest fucking shit.

Wombat is a grown man with real life day to day responsibilities so I know he doesn't have the time. But I think that all of the threats and racist/sexual derogatory insults should all be reported and those fuckers be banned. I also think that their messages and gamer tags should be posted on the web because by sending those messages they're pretty much publishing that shit.

oh well. Thanks for sharing, wombat.

Yep that why I never use a headset. Also both of you are crazy HP & the half-blood prince is the best of the movies so far. Goblet of Fire was the worst hands down; however I have read the books and HBP is my fav book also. Oh well everyone is entitled to thire opinion.

Unfortunately, what else would you expect from teens with anonymity -- my guess is that these kids are getting picked on at school and have to release their frustrations somewhere -- at least I hope they are teens, sheesh!

Hmm this just might move Xbox Live subscribers ahead of youtube commenters in terms of the worst average user.

Please stop putting on British accents lol you guys just can't do it. :) ....WOW alot of ass wholes, you should tell major nelson get them banned.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Yep that why I never use a headset. Also both of you are crazy HP & the half-blood prince is the best of the movies so far. Goblet of Fire was the worst hands down; however I have read the books and HBP is my fav book also. Oh well everyone is entitled to thire opinion.[/QUOTE]

exactly we are all entitled to our own opinions, yours just happens to be wrong ;)

[quote name='Viper139']Please stop putting on British accents lol you guys just can't do it. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. :) Maybe try an Indian accent? They're far easier to do properly.

[quote name='Wombat']exactly we are all entitled to our own opinions, yours just happens to be wrong ;)[/QUOTE]

And I thought we would see a kinder Wombat after his XBL trashing. ;) I agree with your movie reviews 9 out 10 times, but I have to say I think you guys missed it on Potter it was a good cliff notes of the book and might be the best acted one yet. I will agree that there was too much teenage love New York Prep going on, but the things the left in set up the last 2 nicely.

[quote name='Viper139']Please stop putting on British accents lol you guys just can't do it. :) ....WOW alot of ass wholes, you should tell major nelson get them banned.[/QUOTE]

I seriously laughed out loud at that part (accents), great stuff.

bread's done
Back