Photo
- - - - -

The Conduit (Wii) $40 on Amazon

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 vherub

vherub

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

I played the Conduit this past week and it was alright for a FPS on the Wii...I only played multi online and I found it fun. It didn't take too long to get the hang of the controls, but I found when trying to pan left or right it was really slow..had to click the I think Z button to do instant turn around. I won't get it for $30 though...I just don't think I'll play it enough. There's way better FPS out there, but I agree with everyone else...if you just have the Wii I would pick it up.

panning left and right can be as slow or as fast as you want, and clicking z to do a 180 also can be modified.

#32 sylvia61

sylvia61

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

It's showing as $39.99 now in my shopping cart.

Sylvia

#33 Bulbachar

Bulbachar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

I bought a Wii at launch and waited outside overnight for it. I didn't buy it for third party titles but for first party titles. I personally felt Wii Sports was a demo and only played it for 30 minutes with my brother before hanging it up for good. I ended up picking this game up for $26.54, with my 10% off with ECA. I was so close to buying this game on day one for $50. I really wanted to support it, but after MadWorld, I really didn't want to risk it, just to see if fall, like it did.

I think people are right when they say that so many people that own Wii's, that are hardcore, have already moved on to another system. I believe if this were on 360 it would have sold really well, with the right ads and hype machine.

#34 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

It's quite fun - and I also have a 360/PS3. The graphics are decent, the game is enjoyable, and the control is excellent. Very much worth $30.

#35 Bulbachar

Bulbachar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

Actually, this deal might be dead. Looks like it went back up to $39.99

#36 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:35 PM

I bought a Wii at launch and waited outside overnight for it. I didn't buy it for third party titles but for first party titles. I personally felt Wii Sports was a demo and only played it for 30 minutes with my brother before hanging it up for good. I ended up picking this game up for $26.54, with my 10% off with ECA. I was so close to buying this game on day one for $50. I really wanted to support it, but after MadWorld, I really didn't want to risk it, just to see if fall, like it did.

I think people are right when they say that so many people that own Wii's, that are hardcore, have already moved on to another system. I believe if this were on 360 it would have sold really well, with the right ads and hype machine.

Actually, a game like this could only be released on the Wii. Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers have so many far superior FPS choices that this one would have sunk into obscurity immediately. It's not to say that it's a bad game, but it's super mediocre with a generic storyline and absolutely no innovation in the gameplay. I would recommend waiting for the inevitable $20 price point on this one.

#37 rumblebear

rumblebear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

is the game even worth it for $30?

It's worth around ten. There are much better graphic and gameplay wise FPSs on last gen systems. This game is low budget, shovelware quality that should have been retailed at 19.99 in the first place. Also it has bad framerate, especially in mutiplayer that makes it nearly unplayable due to the reliance on IR aiming reticule (which jumps all over the place due to poor, uneven framerate that cannot be ameliorated by its elaborate control calibration). But due to the dearth of FPSs on Wii they were able to get unwarranted hype and thus 49.99 launch price.

#38 TreizePlus

TreizePlus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

I've played through it and by no means is it wort $30. I really don't know why they would make a typical FPS on the Wii. Cookie cutter FPS games is what Wii gamers are TRYING to avoid by playing Wii. It's like a game made with no target audience.

#39 rumblebear

rumblebear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

Like the two above me said, it only moved about 70,000 copies. Less than half of what they shipped. And to top it all off, it's on the highest-selling home console of this generation.

Wasn't it being built up as being one of the "big" "core" gamer games of the year for the Wii? Just like Madworld before it, which also sold below expectations. If these games are what "core" gamers on Wii want to play, why aren't they selling that well? Likely answer: Because they've given up and moved on to a different system.

The games got mediocre to bad reviews. Core gamers are not going to spend 50 bucks on poor games. It's sad that these poor, low budget, shovelwere games (which shamelessly wrap themselves in the "core gamer" blanket) are used as the litmus test for future Wii core game fundings. Look at what THQ did with Deadly Creatures. The developer threatened the Wii core gamebase to buy their lousy game (one of the worst Wii game I had the displeasure of playing recently) or else they'll go back to make only minigames for the Wii -- not to mention the fact the game is nearly unmarketable (game where you control a creepy spider and a scorpion? It would not sell on any system even if it's AAA quality), and THQ knows that since they literally did not market the game at all.

At least MadWorld sold more than its ps2 God Hand brethren. Considering the skeleton crew that made this game, can they really call the sales figure disappointing? They probably made large profit already.

#40 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

I paid $50 for it at launch and have been happy with it. Anyone wondering about another gamer's opinion can read the blog entry here.

#41 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

http://tech-gaming.c...t-reviewed.aspx

Here's a review for any and all interested.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#42 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

Wow I wonder if this game is really that bad? I see it get burned all the time...then again I've played many games where reviews were "average" and I thought the game was good

It's all person taste I guess..

oh btw Hi deserteagle :D
Pomona rep

1xz7eo.gif

#43 geotech

geotech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

It is $39.99 now

#44 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:36 AM

Wow I wonder if this game is really that bad? I see it get burned all the time...then again I've played many games where reviews were "average" and I thought the game was good

It's all person taste I guess..

oh btw Hi deserteagle :D
Pomona rep

Hey, Suxor just went though P-town (on my way to Riverside) a few weeks ago.

II didn't think the Conduit was bad at all. Not great, but certainly the best FPS on Wii...
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#45 Fieri

Fieri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

The price has gone up to $39.99.

#46 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

FYI, the price of Call of Juarez: Bound in blood has already dropped $20 to $39.99 which implies that all the "core" gamers have left the PS3 and 360. I guess they went back to the Wii. The Conduit's sales will now skyrocket.

#47 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

CoJ:BiB had the same amount of anticipation as The Conduit? Learn something every day...;)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#48 Disneyboy

Disneyboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

Before you pull the trigger on this for $40, you may want to check your local Targets. I went to Target yesterday and the Conduit was on clearance for $35 (30% off). So it looks like this game has entered the Target clearance rotation. If it lasts to 75% off at Target, it will end up costing $12.50+ tax.

#49 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:39 AM

I bought this release week with a $10 gift card for Toys R Us. The wii is the only current gen home console I own, but i really enjoy the game. It's a great deal at $30. I find it reminding me of simpler fps games in the past (golden eye, perfect dark, countless medal of honor,...).

#50 rumblebear

rumblebear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

CoJ:BiB had the same amount of anticipation as The Conduit? Learn something every day...;)

Which is a shame since CoJ: BiB is surprising superb. One of the best FPS I've played so far this year, and definitely is the best western FPS ever made. Huge quality jump from the somewhat experimental (like a fan modification) original.

#51 xmrblondex

xmrblondex

has Basketball Jones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:53 AM

Thanks or the edit shipwreck, i've been on mobile all day.

#52 therigger

therigger

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:50 AM

It is $39.99 nowPosted Image

Damn shouldve jumped on this earlier.

#53 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:26 AM

Well, I'm glad I jumped on it with my personal Gold Box discount and ECA discount, at worst if I don't like it I'm sure I can recoup most of my $25.07 aftermarket.

#54 atlantis1982

atlantis1982

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

is the game even worth it for $30?

To me, 30.00 is still not worth it for this game. I'd wait till it drops 20.00.

#55 Class

Class

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

Did anybody else who pulled the trigger at $30 recently get a $5 credit with Amazon emailed to them?

'Cause I just did, and I'm trying to figure out why. It did take a couple extra days for the thing to be placed into shipping, but I chose Super Saver so that's pretty standard.

#56 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Did anybody else who pulled the trigger at $30 recently get a $5 credit with Amazon emailed to them?

'Cause I just did, and I'm trying to figure out why. It did take a couple extra days for the thing to be placed into shipping, but I chose Super Saver so that's pretty standard.

Read your email a little more closely. It is $5 credit for music.

#57 Class

Class

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:59 PM

You're right, I was just rereading the email and it does specify music. Does anybody know if this is a mass promotion or just specific to certain purchases?

I believe I will use it to purchase the album that my girlfriend's band just listed on Amazon.