Photo
- - - - -

Backlog poll officially closed! Fallout 3 For Sale

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Which BACKLOG Game Should I Play Next? (127 member(s) have cast votes)

Which BACKLOG Game Should I Play Next?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 xeno

xeno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

Bioshock
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

I voted Bioshock for the same reason as Wiptcracker. It is a great game and moderate length. FO3 is a very long game and could potentially take you all the way to the holiday season when all AAA titles come out. Wouldn't do much to help reduce your backlog (even though you said you weren't really worried about that).
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

You must play Bioshock

Formerly known as slickkill77

#34 Ronzilla

Ronzilla

ROBOT-IN-DISGUISE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

I voted Bioshock for the same reason as Wiptcracker. It is a great game and moderate length. FO3 is a very long game and could potentially take you all the way to the holiday season when all AAA titles come out. Wouldn't do much to help reduce your backlog (even though you said you weren't really worried about that).

Bioshock

You must play Bioshock

Another 3 for Bioshock. I'm starting to feel bad that I went this LONG without
playing this game.:cry: Still got a week left for voting.:D

#35 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

One of these days I should actually play bioshock. I have it just sitting by the xbox but I never feel compelled to play it.

Mostly because I have read and seen everything about it already.

#36 Ronzilla

Ronzilla

ROBOT-IN-DISGUISE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

One of these days I should actually play bioshock. I have it just sitting by the xbox but I never feel compelled to play it.

Mostly because I have read and seen everything about it already.

COOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;)

#37 dabogues

dabogues

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

Darkness. Fun game while it lasts, but you need to just beat it and then get rid of it, because you'll never feel the need to play it again. Voila! One less game on your shelf you feel guilty for not playing.
"I suspect that I am the result of a particularly weak conception on the part of my father. His sperm was probably emitted in a rather offhand manner." --- Ignatius J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.

#38 archibishopthedoge

archibishopthedoge

Insidious and insipid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Get rid of Fallout 3 now to maximize the trade value and as its been stated get the GOTY. Not all of the DLC is great, but the first two are (the latest one sucks). Its incredibly boring for a while too. Fallout is the type of game you play when its absolutely dead in terms of new stuff so you can immerse yourself in the story. I guess you could say that now, but Im a Madden head, plus Batman, all the great arcade stuff, and hopefully Wolfenstein will be a win, so I dont consider now to be dead.

I'm one of the few who did not particularly care for Bioshock. Thats more because of all the Ayn Rand inspired shit though. Its a technologically beautiful game and very well made. I just didn't enjoy it that much.

#39 Ronzilla

Ronzilla

ROBOT-IN-DISGUISE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Get rid of Fallout 3 now to maximize the trade value and as its been stated get the GOTY. Not all of the DLC is great, but the first two are (the latest one sucks).

So what do you think Fallout 3 would sell for? I didn't think it would sell for much.
Bioshock looks like it will win but I'll still hold onto Fallout 3 at least till Friday.

My math says it's probably a wash if I keep it or sell it and buy the GOTY.

Sell Fallout 3 = $30(or so), Buy GOTY = $60+tax, Out of pocket $30+

Keep Fallout 3, Buy 5 map packs(4000pts) = $30(4000pt Live) through CAG, Out of pocket $30+

Seems to me it's gonna be pretty close in price unless I get a lot more for
Fallout 3. So what am I missing?

#40 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

If the GotY has all the DLC on a second disc, it may be possible to install the DLC and trade it in later (similar to the Mass Effect DLC in the Platinum Hits edition)...

So the price would be the same but you could have a chance to recoup your $30+ on the DLC at a later time versus buying it on XBL.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#41 ffman

ffman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

Bioshock.

Very enjoyable game and it won't take a long time to complete.

#42 Ronzilla

Ronzilla

ROBOT-IN-DISGUISE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

YEAH!!!!, GRAW is on the board. Was starting to feel bad for the poor game. Still no love for PURE yet though.:cry:

BTW, thanks for all the voting CAG'ers!

#43 Ronzilla

Ronzilla

ROBOT-IN-DISGUISE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:48 AM

If the GotY has all the DLC on a second disc, it may be possible to install the DLC and trade it in later (similar to the Mass Effect DLC in the Platinum Hits edition)...

So the price would be the same but you could have a chance to recoup your $30+ on the DLC at a later time versus buying it on XBL.

Interesting but if the DLC is used wouldn't you not be able to get anymore for it over the regular edition?

Anybody else want to chime in on whether holding out for the GOTY is a better option considering price?

#44 Hovercraft

Hovercraft

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

Bioshock, it is, to me anyway one of the greatest games this gen. Remember to check the DLC its free and adds a few more plasmids to use

#45 daladezman

daladezman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

Bioshock, it is, to me anyway one of the greatest games this gen. Remember to check the DLC its free and adds a few more plasmids to use

I second that. I'm having a hard time gettin into Fallout myself. It feels so overwhelming, yet its pretty repetitive so far (I'm almost a level 8 and sticking to the main quest for the most part). I don't have a ton of time to devote to it and i don't like playing games for extended periods of time, anyway (meaning like over 2 hours in one sitting). Debating selling or shuffling through it further. Any words of encouragement to fuel my desire to keep playing?

#46 Ronzilla

Ronzilla

ROBOT-IN-DISGUISE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:41 AM

BIOSHOCK WON & PURE didn't receive a single vote :cry::cry:. Thanks everyone!!!!!