Microcenter: Pre-order Madden 2010 (360) for only $34.99 this weekend only

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 ahwang826

ahwang826

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

man they need the ps3 version. if ur in there and looking for cpu or mobo they pricematch newegg. they also have the i7 920 for $200(D0 stepping YMMV santa clara has it tho)

#62 Mikkey

Mikkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Can someone call in and put a 5 dollar preorder down?

the receipt they give you is what you need to get the game for $30....so I think you have to go in store and reserve in person.

#63 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

I went today and put my $5.51 down on it, for that price it's worth the drive.

#64 RBH

RBH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

Just did my pre-order.

Thanks so much OP, this deal is a fucking steal for Day 1.

#65 Arthur93

Arthur93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

I pre-ordered this earlier today. Anyone know if they are guaranteed to have the amount of copies that were pre-ordered or if I should head out early to pick it up jic they sell out and I end up having to wait for them to restock.

#66 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

I stopped by and pre-ordered today in the Rockville MD store since it was on my way to somewhere else I was going. Man, that place feels like a blast from the past, though they had some good deals on PC stuff. As for their gaming section, seems to me they have a ways to go before respectability. It also seems like they pick their game prices out of a hat, since I saw several old games at ridiculous price points and also newer ones which were competitive. The pre-order was easy to do though once I was directed to customer service.

33126.png

#67 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

I pre-ordered this earlier today. Anyone know if they are guaranteed to have the amount of copies that were pre-ordered or if I should head out early to pick it up jic they sell out and I end up having to wait for them to restock.

The Girl at the CS desk said they should have plenty, claims they have it set aside for the pre-order plus plenty to sell in store.

#68 ocu

ocu

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

What a sweet deal! Thanks for the find! Went right in to the Microcenter in Rochester, MI. Probably would have shopped around a bit more if the people working in the games department were friendlier!

#69 geminas01

geminas01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

You can def make around $17 put it up on craigslist for $55...chances are if your area has a microcenter, the craigslist market is big enough...

#70 proplaya422

proplaya422

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

Pre-ordered it!! Even thought I would prefer it be on PS3, I can live with it on the 360 at $34.99. Does anyone know why they would do it for the 360 and not the PS3? When stores usually have a sale on games, it's usually both. It's odd that they only did the 360.

#71 lulu8585

lulu8585

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:53 AM

Pre-ordered it!! Even thought I would prefer it be on PS3, I can live with it on the 360 at $34.99. Does anyone know why they would do it for the 360 and not the PS3? When stores usually have a sale on games, it's usually both. It's odd that they only did the 360.

hmmm... MICROcenter, MICROsoft? :roll: nah, i have no idea either, but got my preorder at the cambridge, ma location an hour ago.

#72 PCWONK

PCWONK

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:54 AM

Just came back from preordering it. Thanks OP!

#73 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:12 AM

Sigh.....was totally going to pass on Madden this year and stick with NCAA...now it looks like I'll have both. $35 is just too good for Day 1. Thanks CAG, you've made me buy another game just because it's too cheap to pass up.....

#74 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

I am going to pre-order it today!

#75 dipset121

dipset121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

I am going to pre-order it today!

so am I can't wait!!!

#76 PenDynasty

PenDynasty

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

I wonder how they can afford to sell it so cheap.

Posted Image

#77 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

Just got back from pre-ordering it, and food shopping. good times.

#78 mick16

mick16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

What a sweet deal! Thanks for the find! Went right in to the Microcenter in Rochester, MI. Probably would have shopped around a bit more if the people working in the games department were friendlier!

You mean the one in Madison Heights, MI over by Oakland Mall? That's where I just came from. Agreed that the service there is weak. It took me 5 minutes before I even noticed the guy in the back of the room that was chit-chatting on the phone. Then he gave me a pre-order ticket that I had to take up to the front of the store and wait in a hellacious line. Still, to save $25, its worth it.

#79 Arthur93

Arthur93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

I wonder how they can afford to sell it so cheap.

Yeah, its pretty surprising since a lot of people would be willing to and are still going to buy it at full retail price. But hey, I'm not complaining. Great deal for me since I wasn't planning on buying it at launch and was instead going to wait for a price drop. Well, now I don't have to. $35 at launch is great.

#80 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

They're probably losing $12-$14 on everyone who preorders. But for that money, they get you in the store twice and now you know microcenter sells videogames.

#81 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:57 PM

And... when you see the Prices it won't mean squat that they sell video games other than these kinds of deals they have...

At least those that are smart enough to know full price is insane...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#82 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

And... when you see the Prices it won't mean squat that they sell video games other than these kinds of deals they have...

And... that wasn't my point. I was just responding to how/why they would sell so cheap.

Yes, we get it. Nobody should pay full price. That's why we're all here.

#83 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

I'm just sayin because you made it sound like MC was a decent place to get games. It's not... it's rubbish like all the rest of the B&M stores.

Trade List

#84 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

Agreed. I bit on the deal and of course I browsed the video game section while I was there. They had an alright selection but the prices were off the wall, they almost seemed random. I did buy a few other things though, and I now know Microcenter exists, so that's a plus for them.

33126.png

#85 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:10 AM

I'm just sayin because you made it sound like MC was a decent place to get games. It's not... it's rubbish like all the rest of the B&M stores.

I really don't care where other people get their video games.

#86 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

I'll put my Target clearance deals up against any online deals on a day to day basis.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#87 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:31 AM

Too bad it's YMWV...

Trade List

#88 ocu

ocu

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:58 AM

You mean the one in Madison Heights, MI over by Oakland Mall? That's where I just came from. Agreed that the service there is weak. It took me 5 minutes before I even noticed the guy in the back of the room that was chit-chatting on the phone. Then he gave me a pre-order ticket that I had to take up to the front of the store and wait in a hellacious line. Still, to save $25, its worth it.

Hehe yeah. I just moved up here, so I call everything that isn't downtown detroit, rochester hills.

#89 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:12 AM

Been anti-Madden for years, but this deal was too good. Never been in the one Microcenter near me since I moved. Probably might not ever go back for videogames unless they have another deal like this, though :P

#90 klashton84

klashton84

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

Anyone know if Microcenter is doing a midnight release?
Posted Image