Microcenter: Pre-order Madden 2010 (360) for only $34.99 this weekend only

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

Anyone know if Microcenter is doing a midnight release?

I highly doubt it, but you can always call and ask. I'm planning to pick mine up Saturday since the one I pre-ordered at is about 20 minutes away but on the way to my girlfriend's family's house where I was going anyway. I assume all their pre-orders are guaranteed, though I can't imagine too many people who didn't get this deal will be getting it at Microcenter.

33126.png

#92 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

I ended up pre-ordering it too, I'm just hoping I can trade it for Wolfenstein or Batman after I get all the achievements.

edit: Was just looking at the achievements, definitely not as easy as 06 or 09. Intercept Manning 3 times in 5 minute quarters? Get 10 user catches with Fitzgerald in 5 minute quarters? These are going to be challenging.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#93 dipset121

dipset121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

Sweet can't wait to pick up my pre-order tomorrow.

#94 TyranT

TyranT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

Can anyone post the whole ad so I can try and price match it at bestbuy or walmart?
Posted Image

#95 Cornbreadxd

Cornbreadxd

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

they won't price match because its only for pre-orders which has expired

#96 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

I assume they should already have this in stock for sale when they open tomorrow right?

#97 chrisc133

chrisc133

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

I successfully pricematched this at Best Buy. I went in during the weekend the preorder was on sale at Microcenter and reserved my copy at Best Buy and picked it up today...no problems. The girl ringing me up also didn't read the fine print, and I walked out of the store with Madden for $30 plus tax...not bad.

I also was able to unload Madden 09 on Craigslist for $20 today too...good day.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
Left 4 Dead 2
Dragon Age Origins

#98 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

I picked mine up today at Micro Center. The line was long as hell. They aren't letting you get one at merchandise pick-up or in the games dept. (at my store anyways). I had to stand in the cattle chute for a good 15 minutes, we hate that new layout MC.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#99 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

I picked mine up today at Micro Center. The line was long as hell. They aren't letting you get one at merchandise pick-up or in the games dept. (at my store anyways). I had to stand in the cattle chute for a good 15 minutes, we hate that new layout MC.

Did they seem to have enough copies? I wasn't planning on going until tomorrow, but if there's a risk they might run out I could take a trip out there tonight.

33126.png

#100 Arthur93

Arthur93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

Well at the Micro Center store here in Chicago, I walked in at like 10:30 (store opens at 10:00) and just went up to the merchandise pick-up, gave em my receipt and got it. There was no line or anything. Guess it just depends on the store as to where they are holding them. However, the lady said that just 30 min earlier when they opened there was a bunch of people waiting to get it. She had a list that was a few pages long with all the people who pre-ordered it and then just crossed my name off it after I picked it up. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine if you pick it up tomorrow. Not sure, though.

#101 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

Easy transaction over at the Fairfax location.

In and out without much of an issue (had to go grab it at the games department)

#102 mick16

mick16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

I picked up my copy at the customer service center. The chick in the gaming section was about as helpful as a kick in the balls

#103 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Did they seem to have enough copies? I wasn't planning on going until tomorrow, but if there's a risk they might run out I could take a trip out there tonight.

Mine had a box of about 20 or so under each register (x6). I wouldn't sweat it.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#104 Cornbreadxd

Cornbreadxd

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

picked it up w/ no issues

#105 RBH

RBH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Went to the gaming department and nobody was there. Got worried for a sec, as I didn't see any copies of Madden 10 on the shelves, but then I looked under the main desk in the gaming dept and there was a stack of Madden copies (about 10 or so). I picked one up for myself and then proceeded to the checkout line.

Thanks again OP for this fantastic deal.