Photo
- - - - -

goHastings.com Buy 2, Get 3rd for $1 on all Used games - [Dead]

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#31 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

So with that plug in you can buy off amazon using paypal?

No idea, probably not but I never tried. But what does buying off Amazon have to do with this thread, lol.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#32 MootPoon817

MootPoon817

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

Well they're each others competition since paypal is run off ebay.

#33 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Well they're each others competition since paypal is run off ebay.

But this thread is for Hastings Amazon store, this is for goHastings.com which is their direct online store. The sale isnt applicable on their Amazon store so why would you need to pay through Amazon. Hasting only has a store on Amazon, they don't own Amazon.

#34 jrhawk42

jrhawk42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

grrr... their prices are really good, but I've pretty much got a whole pile of unfinished games still. I'm going to pass on buying any more used games till I start finishing the ones I have.
Posted Image

#35 MootPoon817

MootPoon817

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

No I know I was just asking because Amazon has some good deals, we're getting off topic.

#36 xrayzwei

xrayzwei

is ready to believe you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

tagged

#37 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

Meh, bit on something anyway, even with the shipping and tax. [crosses fingers]
-Michael

Posted Image

#38 benartmao

benartmao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

anyone know how long this sale is gonna last? i wanna go to vegas with money but having used copies of blazblue kof and UFC would make me satisfied for months ( maybe weeks )

#39 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

anyone know how long this sale is gonna last? i wanna go to vegas with money but having used copies of blazblue kof and UFC would make me satisfied for months ( maybe weeks )

No idea. There isnt a date of when it ends and I saw this deal last night, so they'll probably at least run it until the end of the weekend. Or at least I hope.

#40 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

Anyone order ships yet? Bought some ps2 games that I missed out on way back. Thanks OP.

#41 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Anyone order ships yet? Bought some ps2 games that I missed out on way back. Thanks OP.

Not yet, but I only ordered this morning, so I'll give them til tomorrow. It says normally ships within 24 hours, so thats what I'll give them.

Also, just saw someone else post this on SD forums and not only is there no credit, he bit off my thread word for word. Copy and pasted bits and pieces. What a douchebag!

#42 LouieDiesel

LouieDiesel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

I just ordered 6 games for $39.....too bad the shipping was $7. Still a good deal though, especially on older PS2 games

I probably spend more time on CheapAssGamer than I do actually playing games.....which is kinda sad

#43 Drizztd9

Drizztd9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

How come everyone always complains about shipping? OMG i paid 5 bucks to ship some games and saved at least 20 bucks instead of buying them from Gamestop or somewhere else used. Most of the prices on these games is pretty good considering. Guess some people just gotta complain.

#44 benartmao

benartmao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:04 AM

stop complaining about people complaining =). in an online shopping environment where people are used to free shipping, anything above 0 is gonna get a complaint. anything above 3-4 days is going to get a complaint. ill complain but im still gonna buy cause its a great deal. ORDERING NOW

picking up :
Blazblue ( FINALLY!!!!!!! WAS LOOKING for one used at gamestop for so long )
Guitar hero 3 with guitar
King of Fighters

Sidenote : i was afaid to buy just because i saw that they said Darksiders was shipping end of this month so i didnt trust the site ahahha. but whatever

#45 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

They posted the deal on their twitter page so to anyone who is still skeptical about the sale, its definitely active directly from hastings.

http://twitter.com/goHastings

#46 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:11 AM

I'm more worried about completeness and condition. But it cant be any worse than Gamestop.com used games.

#47 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

I'm more worried about completeness and condition. But it cant be any worse than Gamestop.com used games.

Well from what I got when I called up customer service, they assured me that every game is guaranteed 100% to be complete and the condition is like new since all the used games they sell are customer returns of new games, so they aren't games traded in from other people. But I will let everyone know of the quality once my games arrive. Hopefully the sale won't be over by then. But I have shopped with them from their Amazon store, and every game I have gotten from their Amazon store came in pristine condition and was in fact complete.

#48 YawnAmuroYawn

YawnAmuroYawn

What is real?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:25 AM

Called customer service twice. THe same lady coincidentally picked up both times. SHe said, games are supposedly like new and complete. Asked her how long the sale shall be going on for, and she said the site was just updated, last week, and has received no word on length, but she imagines it to be for a few weeks, fyi.

WOuld people who have shopped off the website before mind relaying their experience with goHastings? Never purchased anything from website before. After speaking with customer service, I imagine them having huge issues with mass order overload.

And does anyone have or know promotional codes to dish out for the order? Possibly free shipping?

#49 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

Called customer service twice. THe same lady coincidentally picked up both times. SHe said, games are supposedly like new and complete. Asked her how long the sale shall be going on for, and she said the site was just updated, last week, and has received no word on length, but she imagines it to be for a few weeks, fyi.

WOuld people who have shopped off the website before mind relaying their experience with goHastings? Never purchased anything from website before....

And does anyone have or know promotional codes to dish out for the order? Possibly free shipping?

I tried searching for a free shipping code for hastings. Can't seem to find one for the life of me. T____T

#50 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:29 AM

Well from what I got when I called up customer service, they assured me that every game is guaranteed 100% to be complete and the condition is like new since all the used games they sell are customer returns of new games, so they aren't games traded in from other people. But I will let everyone know of the quality once my games arrive. Hopefully the sale won't be over by then. But I have shopped with them from their Amazon store, and every game I have gotten from their Amazon store came in pristine condition and was in fact complete.

Thank you for the info.

#51 YawnAmuroYawn

YawnAmuroYawn

What is real?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, forgot to mention: thanks Squarehard for posting this.

#52 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:00 AM

screw these guys, they always screw up amazon orders and list stuff they don't have. then they don't even credit you back until you call them and bitch.

#53 JCDenton

JCDenton

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:40 AM

Shipping and tax really kills this. My total for three $17 games is $45 after shipping and tax. Basically almost no discount.

#54 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

I had to pick up Blazblue, Dragonquest 5, Class of Heroes in one order after tax and shipping averaged 30 a game.
And I got Dragonquest 4, Master of Monster Lair and DDR Supernova 2 averaged for 10 a game.

They were essentially 21 or so dollars a game, which I think is super. Thanks OP.

Posted Image

#55 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:50 AM

Shipping and tax really kills this. My total for three $17 games is $45 after shipping and tax. Basically almost no discount.

Yeah, not as great if you get charged tax. I'm tax free for them to ship to me. So definitely worth it.

#56 serg0

serg0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

So has anyone's order shipped yet? Thinking about getting Valkyria Chronicles, COD4 and Uncharted.:)

#57 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:25 AM

So has anyone's order shipped yet? Thinking about getting Valkyria Chronicles, COD4 and Uncharted.:)

Parts of my 2 orders has shipped, lol. So far 2 games from my first order has shipped and 1 game from my second order has shipped. So not really sure what to make of that, but I guess its better than none of them shipping.

#58 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

Awesome! Made two orders so far:

PS2 LOTR: Two Towers ($1)
PS2 Manhunt 2 ($1)
PS2 Jak & Dakter ($2.38)
PS2 Onimusha 2 ($2.38)
PS2 GTA III ($2.38)
PS2 Jak 2 ($2.85)
Total $19.98

PS2 Odin Sphere ($1)
PS2 Yakuza 2 ($15.38)
PS3 Rainbow Six: Vegas LE ($15.19)
Total: $36.56

Comes out to $6.28 each on nine games that have been on my want list. Hope they come, and in good condition!

Thanks TS!

#59 hunter12360

hunter12360

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

about to buy 6 ps2 games. anyone know of any good coupon codes?

#60 jrhawk42

jrhawk42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

How come everyone always complains about shipping? OMG i paid 5 bucks to ship some games and saved at least 20 bucks instead of buying them from Gamestop or somewhere else used. Most of the prices on these games is pretty good considering. Guess some people just gotta complain.

Here's why no retailer should ever add a shipping and handling charge.

Let's say I see a game for $15. I tell myself "hey that's a good deal, I'll buy that". Now I've just made a "mental contract" to buy the item for $15. I put the item in my cart, and go to checkout. Now I'm being charged $3 for s/h. I've already agreed to buy the item for $15, and now the retailer is changing the price, and charging me 20% more. Anybody that knows business knows that significantly changing a contract at the end of a deal will pretty much break most deals, even if they are still getting a good offer. I think I'm buying the item for $15, and the retailer changes the price by 20% when I'm ready to buy.

This is why it's better to add shipping into your prices... yes it's harder for your accountants, but it's better for your business.
Posted Image