goHastings.com Buy 2, Get 3rd for $1 on all Used games - [Dead]

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#211 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

Got all of my order and very pleased with what I got. Growlanser was complete with case in manual in great shape, .hack had the case but no manual unfortunately. Scene IT LCA was complete with Case, Manual Orignal box as well as all 4 controllers complete with batteries! I certainly wasn't expecting it to include the controllers so that was a pleasant surprise.

#212 unclenebber

unclenebber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

Oh look, they have Dragon Quest IV used back in stock. :roll:
Well then couldn't they send it to those who got screwed?

Maybe they should fix their website.

#213 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

Got 2 more games in today, both were in fantastic and complete condition. Almost there. 1 more game to come on monday. 10 for 11 hastings. Not bad. Lets see if they can make it 11/12 :P.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#214 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

Retro Game Challenge 23 used WTF its 20 new

if it did

ALL DS
Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts

Age of Empires: Mythologies

The Quest Trio

31 shipped or 10 each..... would of been nice to got these for 10 each
WOOOO I STINK

#215 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

Retro Game Challenge 23 used WTF its 20 new

tempting

ALL DS
Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts

Age of Empires: Mythologies

The Quest Trio

31 shipped or 10 each..... would of been nice to got these for 10 each
WOOOO I STINK

#216 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:09 AM

Got all of my games in good order so far, except for one; Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers had artwork, and manual, but the wrong disc (Medal of Honor: Front Line). Sent an e-mail out to their support on Thursday, haven't heard anything back from them yet.

#217 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

Here are my results:

2 of out 6 games came with no manual
3 out of 6 games had scratches on discs
4 out of 6 game cases were scuffed up

Overall a decent transaction, but I probably wont buy from them again.

#218 TedwardRoberts

TedwardRoberts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

I still haven't received all 3 of my things. I am currently waiting on Chrono Trigger DS. My games have been in good condition, thus far, though Bad Company wasn't gold and I'm still pissed about that. It's not like they can compensate me for it either... if I ask for a refund, I'm losing out on the "deal" and I'm only getting $1 back, plus the game goes back. It's not even worth complaining.

The three shipments thing is pretty ridiculous and has really annoyed me. If all three things had been packaged together, I have to think I'd have them all by now...

Though the prices on some of the things I saw in their store were very good, I doubt I'll order from gohastings.com again. This is just a crazy experience... the only blessing being that (so far) my games are in great condition.

#219 thelordtrey

thelordtrey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

Gotten 8 of 12 so far, two were sealed new, 5 were pristine, and Bad Company was the Gold (even though I ordered the regular) and it was a bit banged up case-wise, but the disc was mint. Here's hoping the other 4 come through.

Cheers

#220 dapunisure

dapunisure

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:07 AM

sorry if i am asking a question that has already been asked but it seems ppl are getting mixed results with their orders. I am interested in buying some last gen games for my xb & ps2 i missed out on, do most games come with original artwork(no greatest hits/players choice/greatest hits) & the manual??? any info would be greatly appreciated.

#221 duncan36

duncan36

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:18 AM

Got all 3 of my games in a few days time. 2 looked brand new, Fallout 3 had a rental sticker around the Cd center ring but the manual looked untouched and the box was brand new looking. Wayyy better condition than I've gotten Ebgames used games in the past.

#222 TedwardRoberts

TedwardRoberts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

Received Chrono Trigger in today... it was in good condition. It included all art/manuals including a poster sized thing.

So my synopsis is as follows: 3 out of 3 games were in good condition, but 1 was not the correct edition, which is what drove me to order in the first place, since the deal I got (a $11 game for $1) was negated by shipping/tax. It took 7 business days from the day I ordered to receive all of my stuff, in 3 different shipments. They use regular bubble mailers to send your stuff. Had I received the gold edition of bad company, I probably would have bumped this up to a B+/A, but as it is, I was annoyed enough to make it a C. Passing, but not enjoyable.

I'm going to go ahead and email hastings about this, I guess, just to let them know I was bothered by it, though I don't really expect anything out of my email.

#223 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

I am having a bit of an issue resolving the fact that the copy of Bladestorm (360) sent to me was in disarray.

The response told me they have no more copies, but it's pretty clear I can order 3 (at least) at any time still through this morning.
-Michael

Posted Image

#224 CD6405

CD6405

www.workrevolt.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well, I ordered CoD4 (360) Grid (PS3) Dead Space (Ps3) from them last week. Grid and CoD4 shipped out Friday, DS Monday. I just received the first two games.

CoD4 was in good condition...Grid was...Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, sooo just a little off.

I called them, they are giving me a shipping label to send back and get a refund because they are out of Grid. I'm actually okay with this because they said they will refund my 26 dollars.

If Dead Space is correct, I got it for a dollar since CoD4 was my friend's purchase, we just put it together.
Posted Image

#225 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

Received my final game today in mail, complete and in great condition.

Overall 11 for 12 is a good record. Just wish shipping was more consistent and also fix their website which shows stock of games that arent in stock and also not to ship the wrong game to people.

But only happened on one of my games, so out of 12 games, I am satisfied, and may do business again if they have a better deal next time so I will actually be willing to deal with it again if anything does go wrong.

#226 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

2 of the games i bought were either missing a disc (.hack//G.U. Vol. 2) or were the wrong game (bought RE remake for GameCube and received RE4). But they refunded me immediately and didn't ask that i return the games so not a bad deal

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#227 ToadStoolPorridge

ToadStoolPorridge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for posting about this deal, everyone. I ordered Fallout 3, Top Spin 3, and Burnout Paradise (PS3 for all of them) all for $50. I've been looking into these games and am glad that I got them at a god price. I got a confirmation email this morning that they shipped so, hopefully, I'll have them by the weekend. I might be placing a 2nd order of some PSP and DS games.

#228 smashngrab77

smashngrab77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

i will never order from hastings again...wii play bundle showed up yesterday and it is not the bundle even though I called before placing the order and they said it was guaranteed. When I called their customer DIS service line they said i could return it for a refund and they would not ship the bundle. What a joke of an operation.

#229 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:21 AM

Is this deal still alive? Im not getting the third game for $1...

#230 thelordtrey

thelordtrey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

Got my last 4 of 12 today. Two were new (still sealed), the third was pristine, but DoA4 was missing the manual. Overall, I got 10 that were sealed/pristine, Battlefield: Bad Company that had a dinged case, but was Gold edition (when I ordered standard... so free upgrade), and DoA missing a booklet. Overall, a steal, really.

Oh, and yeah, it looks like this deal is dead. Bummer... there were three more I was pondering.

#231 evilpotatoguy

evilpotatoguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:26 AM

1st out of the 3 I ordered came in; everything in mint condition, not a single bend on the manual or scratch on the disc. Crossing my fingers that the other two will be the same :)

#232 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:43 AM

Is this deal still alive? Im not getting the third game for $1...

Yeah, deal is dead.

#233 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:08 AM

I ordered 6 original xbox games. Haven't received 1, 2 are pristine, and 3 are significantly scratched and missing either manual or original case. I would probably not order again since their quality control is not very consistent.

Edited by bruceg, 20 August 2009 - 09:55 AM.

#234 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

I ordered 6 original xbox games. Haven't received 1, 2 are pristine, and 3 are significantly scratched and missing either manual or original case. I would probably not order again since their quality control is not very consistent.

Sorry to hear that, at least I am not the only one that got a few crappy condition games. It amazes me some received mint and even sealed games. Half my order was almost GS used quality.

#235 ToadStoolPorridge

ToadStoolPorridge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

How long has shipping taken for most people? I received a confirmation email yesterday morning saying all 3 of my games have shipped. I live in New England and I'm hoping to get at least one by tomorrow. Has anyone received their order within 2 days of the confirmation email? Thanks guys.

#236 CCCHeel

CCCHeel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

I got all 3 I ordered:

1.) Gears of War 2 (360): Haven't played yet, but looks in good condition.

2.) NCAA 2010 (360): Looked like it was brand new. Had the security stickers torn, like it had just been opened.

3.) Call of Duty: WOW (360): Good condition.

All came with manuals. Very happy with my purchase.

#237 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

How long has shipping taken for most people? I received a confirmation email yesterday morning saying all 3 of my games have shipped. I live in New England and I'm hoping to get at least one by tomorrow. Has anyone received their order within 2 days of the confirmation email? Thanks guys.

2 days

#238 kaskd

kaskd

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

It's now been 3.5 weeks and I'm waiting for one game. The other 2 were mailed 1st class mail, however the Customer Service Rep said they all should be mailed media mail and I was just lucky to get 1st class mail for the first 2. I have to wait until October 15th to see if I'm going to get it for real... They offered me a $1 refund and shipping, but that significantly kills the deal.