The Orange Box PS3 10.95 Free shipping

[quote name='VWarrior']Just out of curiosity, were the performance issues patched up?[/QUOTE]

The reports of the "performance issues" in the PS3 version were greatly exaggerated, IMO. I experienced one section in either episode one or episode two (can't remember which) that took a framerate hit. Everything else ran fine. The Orange Box was the best value in gaming when it was 60 bucks - this makes it a no-brainer.

[quote name='Moons']Is it the same for 360 anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I got the same question. I've been wanting this forever.

The performance issues for the single-player games were solved; TF2 is still unpatched, unstable, and horribly unbalanced. But it's still the best online FPS out there, even in this version.

Does anyone actually play TF2 on PSN? I've had it for 360 twice I think and ended up selling it or trading it cause no one ever plays tf2 on xbl (at least not at the times I was playing). I'm a huge huge fan of the original team fortress that even though I don't think TF2 is as good just the nostalgia makes it worthwhile. But... you need teams.

Dear lord, if you haven't played this game, you must do it. I've played through the entire PS3 version and it's great. Sure, some frame rate issues here and there, but overall unbelievably amazing.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Don't bother with this when you can get the 360 or PC version.[/QUOTE]

True, the frame rate is better on 360, but if you only have a PS3 it plays JUST FINE! Mass Effect on 360 is FAR, FAR, FAR bigger mess than the Orange Box on PS3. I've played both games and found the frame rate, tearing, chugging, issues in Mass Effect to be infinitely more annoying than anything going on in the PS3 version of OB.

Half-Life and Portal are fine on the PS3 version, but if you are going to play Team Fortress 2 just buy it on the PC for $10.

There's something to be said about playing the vanilla Team Fortress 2 before all the crazy class updates. Played TF2 on PS3 a month back and it was the most active I've ever seen it since I left it when CoD4:MW launched.

Half-Life 2 just seems to have the perfect atmosphere, it's one of the things i've always loved about the game. HL2 is starting to show it's age a bit but for being nearly 5 years old it still looks good, especially compared to everything else that came out in 2004.

[quote name='randomthinker']Does anyone actually play TF2 on PSN? I've had it for 360 twice I think and ended up selling it or trading it cause no one ever plays tf2 on xbl (at least not at the times I was playing). I'm a huge huge fan of the original team fortress that even though I don't think TF2 is as good just the nostalgia makes it worthwhile. But... you need teams.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are plenty of folks who play it. Several clans as well. Granted, being unbalanced the demospam becomes annoying, but it's actually quite popular.

Yeah. I spent 400 hours in it, until i finally got my pc a month ago. NBK and RVB were the worst; just spam demos, soldiers, and medics.

[quote name='Arcturiang'] NBK and RVB were the worst; just spam demos, soldiers, and medics.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to professional TF2 playing. Scouts, Medics, and Soldiers are staple, demos are 2nd. Snipers and spy very rarely. HWG/Pyro? Bwahahaha.

Well, it might be almost impossible to find now, but for people that missed this deal, try checking out TRU. Got my PS3 version there a few months ago for 9.99 and saw them with a bunch of ps3 and 360 copies when I got mine. Check the bottom of those bins where they throw their trash games and you might just get lucky. Still got mine wrapped on ps3 cause I own it on PC but for that price its worth the double dip.

For anybody thinking about buying this, I'd highly suggest getting a different version if you can. I bought this when it was on clearance at Target, and found it unplayable due to a loud continuous static sound that would occur randomly and wouldn't end unless the game was restarted. Google "ps3 orange box static" to see what I'm talking. Maybe a patch has fixed it by now, but I ended up getting the 360 version instead.

bread's done
Back