The Orange Box PS3 10.95 Free shipping

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 arrtee121

arrtee121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

For those of you PS3 owners who haven't had a chance to pick this up/play yet (probably very few), 11 dollars seems like a pretty good price for 4 games (i'm not counting TF2).

http://www.buynextge...ge-Box/275.aspx

Hope this isn't a repost - did a quick search and nothing came up. enjoy!

#2 Moons

Moons

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

Is it the same for 360 anywhere?

#3 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, were the performance issues patched up?

#4 mis0

mis0

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

Good deal. I'll probably pick one up when I get home.

[mis0's tradelist]

#5 ev_rock

ev_rock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

Just out of curiosity, were the performance issues patched up?

The reports of the "performance issues" in the PS3 version were greatly exaggerated, IMO. I experienced one section in either episode one or episode two (can't remember which) that took a framerate hit. Everything else ran fine. The Orange Box was the best value in gaming when it was 60 bucks - this makes it a no-brainer.

#6 iRent

iRent

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:49 PM

Is it the same for 360 anywhere?

I got the same question. I've been wanting this forever.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#7 Arcturiang

Arcturiang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

The performance issues for the single-player games were solved; TF2 is still unpatched, unstable, and horribly unbalanced. But it's still the best online FPS out there, even in this version.

#8 Francinium

Francinium

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:21 AM

Out of stock for me

#9 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

NOOOOOO OOS!! Damnit, I've been looking for this on the cheap since CC went out of business...

#10 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

I have the PS3 version and only played Portal so far. Portal alone is worth $30.

#11 randomthinker

randomthinker

Demonic Imperator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

Does anyone actually play TF2 on PSN? I've had it for 360 twice I think and ended up selling it or trading it cause no one ever plays tf2 on xbl (at least not at the times I was playing). I'm a huge huge fan of the original team fortress that even though I don't think TF2 is as good just the nostalgia makes it worthwhile. But... you need teams.

Promote Infantile Spasms Awareness: Marissa's Bunny
Posted Image

#12 adamones

adamones

Super Dynamic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:16 AM

It's gone now, sold out

#13 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:41 AM

Dear lord, if you haven't played this game, you must do it. I've played through the entire PS3 version and it's great. Sure, some frame rate issues here and there, but overall unbelievably amazing.

#14 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:34 AM

Damnit! That's twice I've missed out on this game at $11. First one was the sonystyle website.

#15 Frankski

Frankski

Sir French Fry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

I know it is dead, but is it worth it to play on PS3 when I got it on a Black Friday sale like 2 years ago for 25$?

#16 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

Don't bother with this when you can get the 360 or PC version.

#17 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Don't bother with this when you can get the 360 or PC version.

True, the frame rate is better on 360, but if you only have a PS3 it plays JUST FINE! Mass Effect on 360 is FAR, FAR, FAR bigger mess than the Orange Box on PS3. I've played both games and found the frame rate, tearing, chugging, issues in Mass Effect to be infinitely more annoying than anything going on in the PS3 version of OB.

#18 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

Back in stock but now they want $20.

#19 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

PC version is superior, for they will never update the PS3 version with the TF2 updates (from what I'm hearing)
Posted Image

#20 Cheeseknight28

Cheeseknight28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Half-Life and Portal are fine on the PS3 version, but if you are going to play Team Fortress 2 just buy it on the PC for $10.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now playing:
:360: AC:B | Oblivion | Metro 2033
:ds: Radiant Historia | Pokemon Black | The World Ends with You
:psp: Valkyrie Profile
Just finished:
:360: Brink :censored:

Backlog status: 95+ games

#21 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

There's something to be said about playing the vanilla Team Fortress 2 before all the crazy class updates. Played TF2 on PS3 a month back and it was the most active I've ever seen it since I left it when CoD4:MW launched.

Posted Image

#22 Knowname

Knowname

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

I neva played any of the half life games....but I hear raving reviews about this game. What makes it so good?

#23 Arcturiang

Arcturiang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:10 PM

You'll know. It's hard to describe, but it's got that old-fashioned pure TALENT that Nintendo games used to have. It just IS.

#24 afultz075

afultz075

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

Half-Life 2 just seems to have the perfect atmosphere, it's one of the things i've always loved about the game. HL2 is starting to show it's age a bit but for being nearly 5 years old it still looks good, especially compared to everything else that came out in 2004.

#25 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

Does anyone actually play TF2 on PSN? I've had it for 360 twice I think and ended up selling it or trading it cause no one ever plays tf2 on xbl (at least not at the times I was playing). I'm a huge huge fan of the original team fortress that even though I don't think TF2 is as good just the nostalgia makes it worthwhile. But... you need teams.

Yes, there are plenty of folks who play it. Several clans as well. Granted, being unbalanced the demospam becomes annoying, but it's actually quite popular.

#26 Arcturiang

Arcturiang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:16 AM

Yeah. I spent 400 hours in it, until i finally got my pc a month ago. NBK and RVB were the worst; just spam demos, soldiers, and medics.

#27 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

NBK and RVB were the worst; just spam demos, soldiers, and medics.

Welcome to professional TF2 playing. Scouts, Medics, and Soldiers are staple, demos are 2nd. Snipers and spy very rarely. HWG/Pyro? Bwahahaha.
Posted Image

#28 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:32 AM

Dead-ish. Up to $20. It sounds like it's still worth it though.

#29 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:02 AM

Well, it might be almost impossible to find now, but for people that missed this deal, try checking out TRU. Got my PS3 version there a few months ago for 9.99 and saw them with a bunch of ps3 and 360 copies when I got mine. Check the bottom of those bins where they throw their trash games and you might just get lucky. Still got mine wrapped on ps3 cause I own it on PC but for that price its worth the double dip.

#30 S_G

S_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:04 AM

For anybody thinking about buying this, I'd highly suggest getting a different version if you can. I bought this when it was on clearance at Target, and found it unplayable due to a loud continuous static sound that would occur randomly and wouldn't end unless the game was restarted. Google "ps3 orange box static" to see what I'm talking. Maybe a patch has fixed it by now, but I ended up getting the 360 version instead.