Xbox 360 Wireless Headset $38 w/Free Shipping at Amazon & Buy.com

Thinking of biting, is it worth it?

All my other headsets keep breaking on me and I could use another but I've heard nothing but bad things about this one too.

Why can't Microsoft make any hardware or accessories that work this generation?

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Thinking of biting, is it worth it?

All my other headsets keep breaking on me and I could use another but I've heard nothing but bad things about this one too.

Why can't Microsoft make any hardware or accessories that work this generation?[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it...

My backup 360 red ringed over the weekend. It was one of the new Arcade models; only about 8 months old.

In any case, would like some CAG feedback on the headset. I hate the wired one.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Thinking of biting, is it worth it?

Why can't Microsoft make any hardware or accessories that work this generation?[/QUOTE]

I'd be more surprised if Microsoft were making things that didn't break. They've never been in the business of creating quality products that will last.

Thanks OP. Been looking for one at a discounted rate. Just picked it up. I realized I've become so spoiled with with Amazon (No Tax and ECA).

I have such bad luck with headsets. I've had half a dozen of the standard wired 360 headset break and even my turtle beach x1's mic doesn't seem to work anymore. Do you guys recommend this headset?

[quote name='hobbie8046']Tell me about it...

My backup 360 red ringed over the weekend. It was one of the new Arcade models; only about 8 months old.

In any case, would like some CAG feedback on the headset. I hate the wired one.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend the wireless headset.

I've tried the Halo 3 version and the regular White Wireless Headset. I've returned all of them because I would have to talk extremely loud for my voice to get picked up.

For people asking about the wireless headset.

I've only owned 2 of them, 1 I ordered refurbished, did not even power on.

2nd I got new from Buy.com I think long ass time ago, been like 6 months, headset has occasional problems, but nothing that powering off and re-syncing with the 360 did not fix. At $38 though decent deal.

My cousin uses one and it works great for him. I can hear him very clearly and he says its comfortable and awesome.

He's kind of a moron though, so I wouldn't trust just that opinion.

I wonder if the newer models with the USB Charger instead of the AC Charger are better. Im actually in the market for one because I hate the way the wired headset is fitted on.

EDIT: Ordered from Amazon, $34.19 FSSS with ECA!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MarkTheArk']I have such bad luck with headsets. I've had half a dozen of the standard wired 360 headset break and even my turtle beach x1's mic doesn't seem to work anymore. Do you guys recommend this headset?[/QUOTE]

you really need to check out the Turtle Beach X3, my buddy has the X1s and say's it doesn't compare. Obviously since it was their 3rd attempt, they got everything right. Super comfortable and high quality. Plus, now that they are sort of being phased out you can get them on the cheap. Stay away from the X4 or X41 unless you have a true Hi-def setup and/or not running any HDMI pass throughs (like to a receiver or soundbar).

Yeah the wireless headset is good, I got it when it first game out, but you can't go as far out of range like with turtle beach (i've grilled steaks outside while still chatting). But I say why not have you're game audio coming through the same place in the late hours of the night? It's hard to go back to a standard headset and listen to TV speakers unless you're getting in some quick play time.

My order from Buy.com arrived last night. Super fast shipping, and I opted for free shipping. I was really surprised. If anyone was wondering, it is the newer USB version and not the AC charger.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']If anyone was wondering, it is the newer USB version and not the AC charger.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks.

[quote name='OGHowie']I wouldn't recommend the wireless headset.

I've tried the Halo 3 version and the regular White Wireless Headset. I've returned all of them because I would have to talk extremely loud for my voice to get picked up.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem with my voice not getting picked up. I have to yell to get the thing to recognize my voice without dropping portions of my transmission.

In other words, the wireless headset sucks if you have a low or deep voice.

bread's done
Back