• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Captain Freeze

Captain Freeze

Totally Party!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:35 AM

dear cagcasters,

the chemistry between you two seems to be on a steady decline. I've noticed it in the past few episodes, but never really saw it necessary to post about it. But in a lot of the segments its either Cheapy talking or Wombat talking. The back and forth is almost non existent. its almost as if im listening to two separate podcasts at the same time. For example, whenever Cheapy does the iphone game segment, its just him talking, and Wombats mic might as well be off. I understand that it might be difficult to talk about a game that you haven't played or even heard of, but when you're making comparisons, it'd be nice for Wombat to chime in or ask questions here or there.
And i think its weird that Wombat has his own section. its almost as if the cagcast is just creating this divide within itself. Cheapy seems to be a little better at adding things, but for most of the time it seems as if the two of you aren't really talking to each other, you're just reading news stories...

sorry this was kind of long, and im not meaning to come off as a dick, just trying to throw out some constructive criticisms. still love the cast and listen to it every week.

#32 Kewin

Kewin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:32 AM

Hey Cheapy are you going to be doing a Pepsi Shiso taste test. It is that time of year again

#33 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:57 AM

Posted Image

[CAGbag Question]What will it take for you to log in to PlayStation Home at least once a week?[/CAGbag Question]

Edited by Shrapnellistic, 13 August 2009 - 06:10 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

AOL comments = worst of the Internet? A challenger appears!
(NSFW/NSFAnybody)
http://www.4chan.org/

sig.gif

#35 Hast

Hast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

If someone buys me an Android phone, I'll make an Android version. ;)

Heh, sorry but I don't think I can help you with that part. (I only get phones for personal/professional use at work.)

But if there is anyone wanting an app for Android I could make it. I already do Android development at home and at work so I'm all set with tools and licenses.

#36 megaman1421

megaman1421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:57 AM

Good episode, but I don't think I've heard the word taint used that many times in an hour and a half XD
Posted Image

#37 Kara

Kara

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:15 AM

Cheapy you should sell your underwear on those adult fetish sites. I am sure you could easily get your money back on them, especially since they have been worn lol.

#38 ignaciogc

ignaciogc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

Cheapy, Wombat, I just read the news about the exclusive HOME Batcave you get if you purchase Batman: Arkham Asylum or the PS3. I know it is something you will likely never use, but might be something you would want to have to explore or show off to friends (specially Wombat), does that change your decision on whether you might end up getting the game for PS3 or Xbox360?

http://blog.us.plays...aystation-home/

theVideoGameGallery.com - Thousands of HQ wallpapers and artworks

#39 PhaperPlane

PhaperPlane

A British CAG.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

I personally think this is one of my favourite CAG Casts. It had me laughing a lot! Excellent show! :applause:

BUT

There needs to be more love for the UK!
Posted Image
Give me an internet please!

Follow me on Twitter! | Be my friend on Last.FM!

Feel free to add me on XBL and PSN!

#40 karatechop16

karatechop16

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

Wombat's Star Wars nerd rage was very entertaining. Thanks for making me laugh on my way to work, Wombat! :)

#41 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

I personally think this is one of my favourite CAG Casts. It had me laughing a lot! Excellent show! :applause:

BUT

You want us to talk more about Uncircumcised Kangaroos?

#42 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Ya, and we also need more Love for Canada.
...so more Igloo talk :P
Posted Image

#43 PhaperPlane

PhaperPlane

A British CAG.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

Yes, this is a very serious issue which needs to be raised. :P
Posted Image
Give me an internet please!

Follow me on Twitter! | Be my friend on Last.FM!

Feel free to add me on XBL and PSN!

#44 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

Cheapy, if you use "Cheap App Gamer" as the app name, can i get some credit? i was the first to post that suggestion in your thread. DesertEagleXIX is my witness! :)

btw, Wombat's rant about the Star Wars prequels was hilarious! "the force ain't fucking with you!" LOL

OMG, i remember the Animal Olympics cartoon too! i watched the Cantonese dub when i was a kid, hahaha.

Edited by LiK, 13 August 2009 - 07:36 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#45 ArrestedDeveloper

ArrestedDeveloper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

Wombat's force rant is probably one of the nerdiest things ever recorded in history.

#46 Frank Zappa

Frank Zappa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

for the love of all things holy can someone please hook me up with a MP3 of the theme from "Electric Blue?" I like CheapyD have been looking for that "song" for years. It was a very formidable part of my "growing" years. Anyway, hearing it on the Cagcast brought a "sticky, clear" tear to my eye......from laughter!

#47 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:01 AM

Wombat - concerning avatar marketplace on Xbox Live...

Yes, it is ridiculous that they are offering avatar clothing and accessories for sales, and at high prices too. But, I don't understand why you are so surprised by this. This business model has been going on for years in the MMO and other online community games. Consider Gundam, which requires you to use "gold" to buy accessories for your tank/robot, gold that you accrue by winning 4,000 battles or by purchasing it with real dollars. Or how about Club Penguin, one of the biggest online communities where kids and tweens gladly fork over their parents money so that their penguin avatars are wearing sunglasses or funky hats.

Again, I agree that nickel and dimeing us is not cool, but you're not necessarily the target market for this strategy anyway. Plenty of teens are glad to dish out the dough for this stuff. Complain about it all you want, but don't act surprised or confused by this business practice. Plenty of evidence to justify it's prevalence.

Edited by FecesBreath, 15 August 2009 - 01:03 AM.

#48 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:11 AM

Wombat I agree with you about the Star Wars prequels, the way that the force is explained in them...

At any rate, great show. And CheapyD it would appear that x2k-one has a blog you should read about your "CheapyD promise:" http://www.cheapassg...blog.php?b=9999

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#49 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:01 AM

damm cheapy your wife sounded so hot *drool*

#50 Jazar

Jazar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

Regarding Sony's Avatar rewards for Home, there are games that support this such as Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 and Namco Arcade. The new Batman game will 'reward' you with the Batcave just by having the game. In addition just about every mini game in Home rewards the users with items and clothing.

Also the sales for Home items seem to be selling very well. Some of the pre-order costumes can sell on ebay for > $60. (link: http://playstationli...e-heat-on-ebay/ )

Kind of makes the $5 lightsaber look cheap in comparison.

#51 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Hey Cheapy are you going to be doing a Pepsi Shiso taste test. It is that time of year again

Pepsi Shiso is cool. It has a light minty taste. My GF said it tastes like dishwashing detergent though.

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#52 TheH2s

TheH2s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

Wombat's Star Wars rant is 100% accurate and 100% hoolarious! When he went off on the midichlorian count and dropped the f-bomb I was dying.

And that Electric Blue theme song has been in my head all day long. It's so awful that it's good.

Edited by TheH2s, 14 August 2009 - 04:54 PM.

#53 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

WOMBAT WOMBAT!!!!

I love you man! JK!
Seriously, I TOTALLY agree with your opinion of the Star Wars prequels. I hate those films.

#54 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

xbox live is basically humanity at its purest
Posted Image

A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself.

I'm haunted every day by regret upon regret and profound shame over what I've become.

#55 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:14 PM

No no no, you misunderstood. He meant KOALAS.

I love it when the shows are about 90 minutes long. Much longer than that and you guys seem to get so tired you get boring.

I don't know what was more disturbing at the beginning of the show...hearing about CheapyD's underwear or the number of Harry Potter references..

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#56 AgentSushi

AgentSushi

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:55 AM

BUT

yeah it would be great if there was more british love
Posted Image

#57 tankbot

tankbot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hey cheapy, ever consider wearing boxer shorts?

#58 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:37 AM

I bought a light-saber on Wombats glowing recommendations. Thanks!

#59 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

I can't believe Wombat's Star Wars rant.

Lucas ruined his childhood by explaining the force in grester detail.
How old was he when he saw SW? Wasn't he born in '77?

When Obi-Wan tells Luke 'May the force be with you'. I'm pretty sure he meant Luke, not everyone .
He didn't say 'The force shall be with you, and anyone who wants to be a Jedi'.

It's too bad he's the goto guy for Star Wars and comics, because I disagree with his opinion on both, alot.

I just don't have an internet soapbox to stand on.

card.pngl1.gif

#60 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

I can't believe Wombat's Star Wars rant.

Lucas ruined his childhood by explaining the force in grester detail.
How old was he when he saw SW? Wasn't he born in '77?

When Obi-Wan tells Luke 'May the force be with you'. I'm pretty sure he meant Luke, not everyone .
He didn't say 'The force shall be with you, and anyone who wants to be a Jedi'.

It's too bad he's the goto guy for Star Wars and comics, because I disagree with his opinion on both, alot.

I just don't have an internet soapbox to stand on.

Well I am the go to guy because there are only two of us, and other one doesn't read comics and he refuses talk Star Wars because the Episode I ruined his childhood