Where are the PS2 game deals? (it's about time...)

Trancendental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Where are all the deals for PS2 games? By this point in the playstation's life, I remember you could get many of the best titles for super-cheap. But these days I surf online or check half.com and all I can find for $5 are a bunch of crap titles and old sports games (there are a few $5 gems, but still). Why haven't all PS2 games been heavily discounted at Gamestop by now, why are most of them hovering around the $12 mark?

[quote name='camoor']Where are all the deals for PS2 games? By this point in the playstation's life, I remember you could get many of the best titles for super-cheap. But these days I surf online or check half.com and all I can find for $5 are a bunch of crap titles and old sports games (there are a few $5 gems, but still). Why haven't all PS2 games been heavily discounted at Gamestop by now, why are most of them hovering around the $12 mark?[/QUOTE]

At this point in the original Playstations life, the PS2 was very popular. Right now the PS3 isn't at that point. Because of this, the PS2 is still a viable option for console buyers and thus the sell-offs the PS1 had aren't there.

[quote name='mogamer']At this point in the original Playstations life, the PS2 was very popular. Right now the PS3 isn't at that point. Because of this, the PS2 is still a viable option for console buyers and thus the sell-offs the PS1 had aren't there.[/QUOTE]

True, true.

It just kind of sucks because I don't see much that's new and exciting for the PS2, noone talks about it here anymore, and the prices for the best games are still at the levels they were a year or two ago. Playing a generation behind used to be a better deal then it is today.

Oh well, I guess it's still better then the eventual day when digital downloads start taking over...

The PS2, with its complete lack of coverage, still is competitive in the marketplace. It doesn't sell as well as the 7th gen, but its sales rates are still relatively decent. Until it drops dramatically, I wouldn't expect to see huge blow outs. It's still much cheaper than any of the 7th gen machines, so that itself is a bargain. ;p

[quote name='Kerig']There are plenty of great 100-200 point PS2 games on Goozex for the taking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you're willing to wait 6 months in line. I'm still waiting to get a copy of Darkwatch.

bread's done
Back