• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#1 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

trade your old games,DVD,HDDVD,Blu-ray and Get new ones

and if you dont have a account sign up at http://www.goozex.co...idr=52458574772

put down what stuff u got so far

Edited by starmask2k3, 30 August 2009 - 12:55 PM.

#2 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

prices suck though... good luck getting people to send at those low prices

plus the website is so freaking slow
WOOOO I STINK

#3 madmonkey700

madmonkey700

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

you should try it out again it's a really great site.
Posted Image

#4 mis0

mis0

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Probably slow because they're updating? And people are pretty good about sending 100 point games. Even with shipping included, you make about $2.50 per 100 game sent.

[mis0's tradelist]

#5 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

Prices are right where they should be.

Most Blu-Rays are around 350-400, especially the somewhat older titles that can be had on Amazon for around $15.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#6 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:45 PM

I like this update, though it is hard to navigate with how slow everything is running on it but they will hopefully have it back to normal in no time.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#7 denshaotoko

denshaotoko

WoW Free Since 05/09

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

i love this ive got too many random movies around. time to convert them into games!

#8 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

I listed like 4 Blu-ray around 4:00 and 3 of them already have offers pending. Even though I will never watch the movies again I might just cancel the trades and just keep the movies for now. There is really nothing at the moment I want to use the points towards.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:43 AM

It's best you don't participate, Slide. I don't want to match up with your BL Batman: The Animated Series V4 (250 points) to find out that your niece accidentally took a dump in the box and wiped the walls with disc 3 after you send it to me...

I'm sending out Nightmare On Elm Street Infinifilm for 150 points and will have Curb Your Enthusiasm S1 (200 pts) sent to me soon.

Aside from a few weird pricepoints (200 points for the entire Friday the 13th Crystal Lake box set???, no one in their right mind would give that up so cheap) it looks great.

As for the bogdown: I've seen worse every time Woot.com has a BoC offering. You have to imagine every movie ever made on DVD/BD is now up for grabs at the same exact time, so everyone wants to get in line first. It's like a Goozex AAA New Release Monday Night x 9,000.

Edited by Kerig, 18 August 2009 - 07:08 AM.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#10 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:03 AM

Aside from a few weird pricepoints (200 points for the entire Friday the 13th Crystal Lake box set???, no one in their right mind would give that up so cheap) it looks great.

lol yeah and the complete Brady Bunch collection is also 200 points. On the opposite end, the complete series of Full House is like 1200.
Posted Image

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#11 mietha

mietha

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:15 AM

I listed like 4 Blu-ray around 4:00 and 3 of them already have offers pending. Even though I will never watch the movies again I might just cancel the trades and just keep the movies for now. There is really nothing at the moment I want to use the points towards.

Oh, so you're a dick, ok... Why the Fuck did you list them if you didn't want to trade them?
Posted Image

#12 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

I'm glad they decided to do HD-DVD's. At first they said they weren't going to deal with them but enough people complained apparently so now they're dealing with them.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#13 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

Nice. Might be a good way to unload some of my unwanted Blu's and DVD's. If I end up doing the Red2Blu offer that'd be a good way to unload the non-cover art HD-DVD's I'd be left with.

Only thing I'm worried about is if I actually want to receive movies; hopefully they won't be beat to shit and will include stuff like the slipcover.

#14 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

It's best you don't participate, Slide. I don't want to match up with your BL Batman: The Animated Series V4 (250 points) to find out that your niece accidentally took a dump in the box and wiped the walls with disc 3 after you send it to me...

I'm sending out Nightmare On Elm Street Infinifilm for 150 points and will have Curb Your Enthusiasm S1 (200 pts) sent to me soon.

As for the bogdown: I've seen worse every time Woot.com has a BoC offering. You have to imagine every movie ever made on DVD/BD is now up for grabs at the same exact time, so everyone wants to get in line first. It's like a Goozex AAA New Release Monday Night x 9,000.

dont know if you got my pm about that batman or not....i decided to open up my copy and found disc 3 of 4 was lose and crack... So i took that one back for a refund and kept the other set (opened it up and was perfect)

I was looking at dumping my other higher end box sets and even those prices are sort of low

lost season 1 .2 .3 only grabs like 350 pts (less then 20) when spent over 40 each on them

sad you cant check just for box sets
WOOOO I STINK

#15 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

Oh, so you're a dick, ok... Why the Fuck did you list them if you didn't want to trade them?

I do want to trade them but for the movies I want I dont want to have the points sitting in my account for weeks or months because people never list the movies I want. My main want right now is a Blu-ray version of "Role Models" as of last night its not even in there database.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#16 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

some found
Clerks Uncensored (2-Disc Set) 100
Greg the Bunny (2 Disc Set) 100
King of the Hill - Season 4 150
WWE - Wrestlemania XXI (3-Disc Set) 150

going to try to get matched for

clerks and king ofthe hill.... just traded off a gamei piad 5 for 300 pts.. be a nice swap
WOOOO I STINK

#17 Spanish_Godzilla

Spanish_Godzilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

Haha, Getting 400 for Advent Children, Kinda sucks but oh freakin well, I dont watch it on Blue-ray anyways, once you've seen it, thats that.

#18 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Haha, Getting 400 for Advent Children, Kinda sucks but oh freakin well, I dont watch it on Blue-ray anyways, once you've seen it, thats that.

thats 20$

#19 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

I wish I could get in on this, but I got permanently banned from Goozex because of their dumbass policies (namely, my brother made an account after I had, so they banned us both after seeing that we had the same address. Assholes).
Posted Image

#20 kirby145

kirby145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

I used to think the site made no sense because prices could not even go up if a thousand people wanted it but noone had it.

But it seems they can increase prices now at least a little bit... Though the amount of people who are in waiting lists is such a discouragement sometimes it would be a lot easier to just make the price higher.

#21 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

VAIR-RID-DIS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Just found out about this; it took me by surprise. I think I'll spend the day listing my DVDs now lol.

I wish I could get in on this, but I got permanently banned from Goozex because of their dumbass policies (namely, my brother made an account after I had, so they banned us both after seeing that we had the same address. Assholes).

On one hand you can't really blame them--there has been a lot of people making fake accounts so they could jump the queue line (I've been a victim already 4 times). Then again being permanently banned is too much.

#22 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

Just found out about this; it took me by surprise. I think I'll spend the day listing my DVDs now lol.

On one hand you can't really blame them--there has been a lot of people making fake accounts so they could jump the queue line (I've been a victim already 4 times). Then again being permanently banned is too much.

Yeah, I mean, I can understand them banning people to prevent people from doing just that, but I feel that it's ridiculous that my brother and I can't each have our own accounts. It's less of a problem now that I don't live at home, but what about if my roommate wants to have an account, and I want to have one as well? It's ridiculous that they don't make exceptions for things like that. I also feel that being permabanned was way over the top.
Posted Image

#23 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yeah damn them for having policies to prevent abuse!!!
Posted Image

#24 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Yeah damn them for having policies to prevent abuse!!!

How is it abuse when more than 1 person in a household (say, roommates sharing an apartment or something), both want to have an account? They need to make exceptions, but refuse to.
Posted Image

#25 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

How is it abuse when more than 1 person in a household (say, roommates sharing an apartment or something), both want to have an account? They need to make exceptions, but refuse to.

And what method would you like them to use to prove that you indeed are two separate people, and not just one trying to scam the system?

Also, if you're roommates...in a college setting perhaps, do you not have individual post office boxes you could set the addresses (or at least one) to?

#26 mattstockton12

mattstockton12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

I think this is great. I hope I'm able to pick up the Blu Ray Dexter seasons at those prices. However, I think it would be a good idea to finally start including a "Disc and Case" option as I don't know if many people care about the thin slice of paper that comes with DVDs, or if all DVDs even come with one.

I went ahead and added a bunch of Blu Rays on hold just to get in line in case this takes off (need more points tho!)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

I'll have to look into this.

I love it for game trading as it's so hands off and easy to get rid of games I'll never touch.

And I could stand to pair down my DVD collection some. Also will make it easier to get rid of games without building up too many points since I'm not playing many games these days since I can turn games into movies.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#28 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

And what method would you like them to use to prove that you indeed are two separate people, and not just one trying to scam the system?

Also, if you're roommates...in a college setting perhaps, do you not have individual post office boxes you could set the addresses (or at least one) to?

Goodness no. If you're sharing a room in college everyone in the room will have the same mailing address. Heck, even if you're sharing a multi-bedroom apartment you all have the same address.

And the perfect way to prove that you're separate people would be with the payment stuff. Obviously, if you're different people, you'll have different names on credit cards, etc. It's kind of hard to fake that, and quite illegal anyway.
Posted Image

#29 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Goodness no. If you're sharing a room in college everyone in the room will have the same mailing address. Heck, even if you're sharing a multi-bedroom apartment you all have the same address.

And the perfect way to prove that you're separate people would be with the payment stuff. Obviously, if you're different people, you'll have different names on credit cards, etc. It's kind of hard to fake that, and quite illegal anyway.

Use a diff address when u sign up. Maybe you have a friend u trust who lives near you?

WakaBrea.png

#30 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

Well, that sucks for you because that's not how it worked at my school. We had a campus post office where every enrolled student had his/her own PO Box. Even when my roommate and I moved to an apartment and had a shared mailbox there, we still had our own on-campus PO Boxes. I had two addresses to have things sent to. Man, those were the days.

Also, as far as I know, Goozex doesn't keep your payment information on file (which some people appreciate). Every time I've made a payment (although I usually use Paypal), I have to type in my info. I get what you're saying, but in order for that to work, they'd really have to ask for your payment info when you sign up, which I'm sure would make a lot of people...especially those with little knowledge of the site, very apprehensive.

Finally, my last point, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but is it absolutely necessary to have separate accounts? After all, it's not like you each have a separate electric bill. You all use it, and you all contribute to pay it. Why don't you share the Goozex account and keep your own records of who has sent out games/movies and how many points on the account that person should have?

Considering Goozex tracks every game (as I presume will be the case for movies) you've ever sent/received, if there was ever a discrepency, you've got records to sort it out. It's not a perfect system, but it's workable. In the end, it's their business and they can choose to run it however the hell they want. But rather than bitching about why you don't like it, do something productive and find a way to make it work for you. Either that, or just don't use it.