Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Used Game Sale With Free Shipping (Ends 8/24)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#61 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

I don't know why people rip on Mercenaries 2. It's an amazing game as far as I'm concerned. Or, if not amazing, incredibly fun. I loved it. Played the hell out of it and bought it on clearance for $15 at Target many months ago. Definitely worth that and more.

#62 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

Well, i just cant resist MK vs DC for 19.99 and with free shipping...

i been waiting a long time for price drop on it. I mean damn its still $60 new alot of places.

In unrelated news, i was at gamestop today and thier PS3 prices dropped $100 effective today. The manager showed me a memo that had a picture of the new PS3 slim and the packaging, although he had no clue when it would be availible for purchase. We speculated it would have to be before Christmas though.

Which goes to show that GS employees still don't know jack.

#63 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

Is anybody able to purchase Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe on PS3 through the GameFly store? The only way I'm seeing it is through the Rent to Keep option, which considering I don't have a membership atm and only buy pre-owned games as they go on sale, is not how I want to to do it. I tried the direct link from this site, but it brings up a 404 Error. My guess is it looks like they sold out their planned quantities so they only have rental ones now?

#64 mm07

mm07

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:11 AM

I bought MK VS DC from them on Monday for 24.99 -10%, and today it goes on sale for 5.00 less! ARGH!

And on top of that, I email them asking for a price adjustment and they DENY me! "Prices subject to change at any time", they say... bastards.
I'm so pissed. (but not pissed enough to cancel them.... too many new games coming out :) )
-Mike

#65 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:35 AM

Will bestbuy price match gamefly?

#66 haize

haize

baby got backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

Will bestbuy price match gamefly?

no, i wish though

It looks like some of the games are sold out now, good for the people who ordered early, bad for those that waited.

Quantities sold out for the 360 on:
Legendary
Madden 09
MK vs DC

i dont know about PS3, didnt check

#67 FBMrider86

FBMrider86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:09 AM

Glad I jumped on the MK vs DC when I did. Sorry guys :/

#68 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

damnit, Gamefly doesn't verify billing and shipping address... just bought a game using the old one. I think the Post Office will deliver to my real address, but that's fucking annoying.

retarded.

#69 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

Legendary is easily in the top 10 worst games of this generation. Do not buy, unless you're looking for paying to get more achievement points or something. It's really awful.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#70 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

Legendary is not on sale anymore and I wanted to get that.
I was froze today!

#71 Pharrell1

Pharrell1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

Man I wish I woulda logged onto CAG.com last night I coulda bit on madden 09 can't beat 9.99 and 10% off plus free shipping. man I need to go home and be a family man.

#72 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:45 AM

Just picked up Shaun White Snowboarding for Wii for $10.54 shipped. Been looking for a deal on this for a while, need another use for my balance board.

Wish Madden 09 for Wii had been on sale as well...

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Scribblenauts Unlimited

#73 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:09 AM

ok so i bit on FEAR 2. was looking to pick up MK vs DCU also, but apparently it's sold out now.
Posted Image

#74 Jerkapotamus

Jerkapotamus

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hmmm, Shaun White for $9.99, Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe for $20, and Mercenaries 2 for $12.99 are all pretty tempting. Any thoughts on these games?

After playing Red Faction and loving it, I'm afraid Mercs 2 might be a disappointment. Both games' main draw was blowing stuff up, and Red Faction looks like it did it better. Still, a good buy at $13?

MK vs DC- I'm not that big of a fighting game fan, but I remember hearing that it wasn't a super-intense hardcore fighter or anything. Is this true? I picked up SFIV for $20 a few weeks back and really couldn't get into it, so I'm a bit wary.

Shaun White- Probably pretty safe at $9.99.

With school starting again and Batman coming out, I better be careful.

#75 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:34 AM

Hmmm, Shaun White for $9.99, Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe for $20, and Mercenaries 2 for $12.99 are all pretty tempting. Any thoughts on these games?

After playing Red Faction and loving it, I'm afraid Mercs 2 might be a disappointment. Both games' main draw was blowing stuff up, and Red Faction looks like it did it better. Still, a good buy at $13?

MK vs DC- I'm not that big of a fighting game fan, but I remember hearing that it wasn't a super-intense hardcore fighter or anything. Is this true? I picked up SFIV for $20 a few weeks back and really couldn't get into it, so I'm a bit wary.

Shaun White- Probably pretty safe at $9.99.

With school starting again and Batman coming out, I better be careful.

I have Mercs 2 and Red Faction and enjoy them both. But if you''re thinking about picking up Mercs 2, it's $9.99 brand new ($7.99 used) at GameCrazy if you have one near you. MK vs DCU... is unfortunately sold out.
Posted Image

#76 Unicorntard

Unicorntard

Cheapass PC gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

I picked up Shaun White Road Trip for the Wii :)...

but honestly, does anyone care what I got? :-s

#77 SuperCollider

SuperCollider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:52 AM

Alright, I grabbed Mercs 2, been looking at it for ages, if nothing you get to blow things up.

After the coupon, discount and free shipping it was like $7, really can't beat that.

#78 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

Picked up Dead Rising. I already own / love the 360 version, and although the Wii version is a bastardized version, I still have to own it anyway. I was actually going to purchase it the other day from Gamefly, since $17.99 was the cheapest I saw it for; but I'm glad I decided to wait it out a few more days.

All-in-all, $14 shipped, with my discount (10% off). Not bad.

Posted Image

#79 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

Grabbed Fear 2 and LOTR Conquest.
Posted Image

#80 fatjab

fatjab

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

Picked up Stoked and LOTR Conquest since my Blockbuster doesn't carry either of these games. Good prices on both.

#81 i_bent_my_wookie

i_bent_my_wookie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

damnit, Gamefly doesn't verify billing and shipping address... just bought a game using the old one. I think the Post Office will deliver to my real address, but that's fucking annoying.

retarded.

Contact their customer service. I have bought games from them in the past and it takes a few days for it to actually ship. I would bet that you have time.

#82 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

I don't know why people rip on Mercenaries 2. It's an amazing game as far as I'm concerned. Or, if not amazing, incredibly fun. I loved it. Played the hell out of it and bought it on clearance for $15 at Target many months ago. Definitely worth that and more.

Personally, i think it's a good buy at $13 (i haven't play it, but didn't like the demo, which i put only 5 minutes into it, so it's not really fair for the game). The PS3 version got some hates due to another reason, two of the trophies are glitched, so people can't get platinum because of that. I would be pissed too if that happens to me :bomb:

#83 Nameless One

Nameless One

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

Thanks OP. Picked up RE5. Was going to get MK vs DC as well but you fuckers beat me to it.

#84 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

Had to get Dead Rising for the Wii. I already own the 360 version but feel the need to play this one as well. Not too mention I've been trying to get this off of ebay and everytime the bidding goes up to like $20. Killer Deal thanks!

#85 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

is RE5 worth it for $30??

Looking for some new PS4 friends....feel free to add me. 

PSN: tallytabletommy

#86 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

Legendary is awful IMO not even worth $10

#87 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

The Mercenaries 2 demo and the finished version of Mercenaries 2 are very different. I have no clue as to why they released that demo. It does nothing but put people off. I couldn't have hated the demo more, but once I bought the actual game... I kinda loved it... achievements/trophies are glitched on both systems... but not totally impossible on the 360 in most cases.

The funny thing about these Gamefly sales is that some of the prices are really good (Fear2) and some of the prices are just silly (Fable2, GOW2, Fracture).

Oh and awesome avatar buster.
Posted Image

#88 tak

tak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

Is it me or are these not really deals? I mean 30 bucks for RE5 used? Wait a little longer and you can get it new for that much.

I would be really careful about buying used gamefly games. It's not like gamefly users have a whole lot of incentive to keep the games in good condition.

I've had mixed results with gamefly games, but the majority of the games I've gotten have been in good condition. Gamefly does polish the scratches out of the really bad dics, so even the bad games are in pretty good condition.

Plus, gamefly does guarantee their games, and don't charge anything for you to reutrn a bad one.

#89 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

RE5 being sold out is sad. I was really wanting it, but of course, it sells out the day before I get paid. Hopefully it'll go down soon.

#90 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

my MK vs DC shipped today! Honestly, I got it for twice the price of a rental, whatever, I can always trade it to someone here on CAG for something else if it's not my type of game