Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Used Game Sale With Free Shipping (Ends 8/24)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#91 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:30 AM

is RE5 worth it for $30??

If you're willing to pay that for it, then yes.

#92 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

I snagged Fear 2 and Prince of Persia.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#93 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

The Mercenaries 2 demo and the finished version of Mercenaries 2 are very different. I have no clue as to why they released that demo. It does nothing but put people off. I couldn't have hated the demo more, but once I bought the actual game... I kinda loved it... achievements/trophies are glitched on both systems... but not totally impossible on the 360 in most cases.

The funny thing about these Gamefly sales is that some of the prices are really good (Fear2) and some of the prices are just silly (Fable2, GOW2, Fracture).

Oh and awesome avatar buster.

I took your words for it, i do hate the demo, but hearing a lot of good things about the actual game, so i went ahead and ordered M2.

#94 Jauron

Jauron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

Madden 09 for 360 is back in stock... looks like Legendary is as well but only got Madden.

#95 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:20 AM

I ordered MK vs DCU since it's back in stock now. Shameful.

Serpentor, I hope you find it enjoyable.

Edited by johnsdoe00, 22 August 2009 - 01:40 AM.

Posted Image

#96 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

you should update the list, I see Killzone 2 and Godfather II on there now, for $35 and $30, respectively.

#97 I Am Legend

I Am Legend

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

I purchased MK vs. DC and FEAR 2. I got my games in the mail today, open up the packages and what do I find? FEAR 2 and Prince of Persia.... :( I emailed support. How's their customer service on stuff like this?

#98 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

People should keep in mind that FEAR 2 has the free "Toy Soldiers" map pack. Don't know if anybody will play fear 2 online, but free is free, right?

#99 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

I purchased MK vs. DC and FEAR 2. I got my games in the mail today, open up the packages and what do I find? FEAR 2 and Prince of Persia.... :( I emailed support. How's their customer service on stuff like this?

When I had a problem with a used game I bought from them, the only option they had available was for me to return it and get a full refund. They were great with this, but I didn't want a refund, I wanted a different copy of the game.

They don't do exchanges, only refunds. I'm sure since they mailed you the wrong game that they should at least be able to exchange that, though.
Posted Image

#100 funkflexmctough

funkflexmctough

Mmmm.....deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

My copy of FEAR 2 came today but it was Lord of the Rings:Conquest instead...Or at least I thought it was, until I went to email customer service to complain and noticed later it was the case and book of LOTR Conquest but the FEAR 2 disc.

I will probably just print my own FEAR2 cover and bite it. I've had plenty of good experiences with them too, which sucks. If anyone gets Conquest in FEAR2 packing lets switch!
Posted Image

i buy that used games .i don,t have any problem

#101 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

I ordered FEAR 2 and it came complete and in perfect order. I'm starting to feel really lucky about that now. You guys should definitely call customer service.
Posted Image

#102 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

Just realized today is the last day for this sale. Just ordered MK vs DC for the 360. PS3 version still oos. Still debating on Fear 2. I'm kind of tired of shooters. Is Fear 2 just another shooter?

#103 X BEOX

X BEOX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

Picked up FEAR 2 for less than $10 with the coupon I had. Plus free shipping!

#104 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

i hadnt even got my games yet and i ordered the day the sale was posted. This is very odd as i usually get my games within 3-4 days, after the 1-2 days processing. I was set to get them last friday, saturday at the latest, but its tuesday and still no games....

#105 PunisherAD

PunisherAD

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

I bought Fear 2 and MK vs DC I got them but MK vs DC doesn't work. I called customer support and I have to pay for shipping it back. WTF??

#106 LoneGun

LoneGun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

I bought Fear 2 and MK vs DC I got them but MK vs DC doesn't work. I called customer support and I have to pay for shipping it back. WTF??

I had the same thing happen with me, except the game was LOTR Conquest. I ordered 5 games and they were all scratched up, luckily LOTR Conquest was the only one that wouldn't work. Doubt I will be doing business with Gamefly again, $3 for return shipping on a $13 title is 23% of the cost of the item to RETURN it :headache:.
:shock: Whose eyes are those? :shock:

#107 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:56 AM

This is the first time both FEAR or Lord of the Rings: Conquest dipped this low.

Bond and Legendary have been found new for $10. I'd say get FEAR 2 since it's the more recent of the drops.

I grabbed LOTR: Conquest, FEAR 2, and Baja since I am missing those in my OCD obsession to own every 360 game.

I share your OCD! I have over 200 360 disc titles (I need to take count and catalog them). However, I've excluded most sports games.

I just picked up MK vs DC. It's under $20 shipped with GameFly membership discount. I could wait it out and get it cheaper, but I already waited it out through several rounds of cuts.

Now if only Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad can go under $20...
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#108 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:20 AM

Some of these games are back in stock now. I just picked up :ps3: MK vs DC for $21.xx after tax. Oddly enough, shipping was free. This is my first time ordering anything through Gamefly, so I'm curious to see what will turn up. I've heard mixed reviews.

#109 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:51 AM

My scratched up copy of Stoked came, by the way I hate right stick controls.......If anyone is up for a trade, anything shoot me a pm.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#110 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:44 AM

I fucking hate Gamefly. I ordered Madden 09 for PS3 and Shaun White for Wii. When I received the games, Shaun White was scratched up beyond repair, and Madden had a crack in the disc. I called Gamefly the next day, and they told me my only option is to ship the games back to them at my expense, and then re-buy them if I wanted them (no longer at sale price). This is bullshit, a great deal quickly turns into a hassle and an expense. Still not sure what I'm gonna do. I'm almost tempted to re-join Gamefly for a free trial just to say one of their games got lost in the mail. I don't steal, but I can't stand being ripped off.

#111 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:59 AM

If they send you a broken game, it is THEIR responsibility to pay to get it shipped back to them and get you a new game. Rejoin, get the games you bought sent to you then send back the broken ones, after all, they sold it in that condition, right? Wouldn't hurt them to have it returned just like you bought it.

#112 KidYungn

KidYungn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:20 AM

deal still going on, which is great.

for those worried about getting damaged discs, you could always put it in your game q to rent, then when it gets there, test it and if it works, just press Keep it instead of going through the hassle your going through now.

#113 Zaggart

Zaggart

Lord of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

Picked up MK vs. DC and 2x Resident Evil 5, all came yesterday in perfect condition. Thanks Cheapy!

My only complaint is that GF doesn't allow you to buy multiples in the same order. I had to respond to their email that I really did mean to buy two copies of RE5, but I was out of town at the time and couldn't use my original email so it wouldn't let me respond.. Ended up chatting with online support and then all was well. A minor annoyance, but at least their shipping is fast. :)

#114 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

I fucking hate Gamefly. I ordered Madden 09 for PS3 and Shaun White for Wii. When I received the games, Shaun White was scratched up beyond repair, and Madden had a crack in the disc. I called Gamefly the next day, and they told me my only option is to ship the games back to them at my expense, and then re-buy them if I wanted them (no longer at sale price). This is bullshit, a great deal quickly turns into a hassle and an expense. Still not sure what I'm gonna do. I'm almost tempted to re-join Gamefly for a free trial just to say one of their games got lost in the mail. I don't steal, but I can't stand being ripped off.

I'm with you and hate that kind of crap. Thanks for nothing GameFly.

It's garbage customer service like this that make you really appreciate the outstanding job Amazon does with it's CS.

#115 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

I share your OCD! I have over 200 360 disc titles (I need to take count and catalog them). However, I've excluded most sports games.

I just picked up MK vs DC. It's under $20 shipped with GameFly membership discount. I could wait it out and get it cheaper, but I already waited it out through several rounds of cuts.

I got mine from goozex, I love the cover :)
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#116 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

Best deal on Oncechanbara was at GoHastings (buy 2 get 1 $1)

I'm up to 369 disc games... slow and steady.
-Michael

Posted Image

#117 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

If they send you a broken game, it is THEIR responsibility to pay to get it shipped back to them and get you a new game. Rejoin, get the games you bought sent to you then send back the broken ones, after all, they sold it in that condition, right? Wouldn't hurt them to have it returned just like you bought it.

Wow, that is a great idea. That didn't even occur to me to get the same games sent to me and send back the broken ones. And I won't even feel dirty for doing so. BRILLIANT!