Photo
- - - - -

Dead Nation - PSN - $14.99 - Platinum Trophy! - Road of Devastation out 9/27 for $4

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#31 Count

Count

Freestyle soccer !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

Got it early this morning too. (PS+ Subscriber)
..:: My Youtube ::..
Funny Infamous 2 Glitch

Creators-Club

Currently Playing:
Mass Effect 3 :ps3: / Music ~ :psp: / San Andreas :360:

#32 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

dude ty ty ty ty for posting this i got my voucher as well and with this i say psn+ has finally proven its worth. ive been wanting to play this beast since i first saw the video sony im sory for doubting you.

#33 Count

Count

Freestyle soccer !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

I was playing this game today (and recording) and I got to say; this game is better than I thought.

It feels like L4D made babies with Super Stardust HD.
And it really does feel like a survival game.

Good job to the creators.
..:: My Youtube ::..
Funny Infamous 2 Glitch

Creators-Club

Currently Playing:
Mass Effect 3 :ps3: / Music ~ :psp: / San Andreas :360:

#34 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

how sad is it ive seen more types of zombies in 2 levels of this game than in any resident evil game lol. amazing game though im lovin it.

#35 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

zombies = :drool::drool::drool:

#36 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Did not get one, PS+ user

#37 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

I love the lighting from the pics that I saw. How was it in the Beta / Demo?
Posted Image

#38 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

I love the lighting from the pics that I saw. How was it in the Beta / Demo?

its pretty damn good especially in the
Spoiler
got my ass handed to me there because i didnt take the time to shine my light around there and before i knew it i was surounded.

its a very fun game im surprised at how useful alot of the secndary items are you cant expect to tank your way through it especially if youre playing solo .

#39 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

Did not get one, PS+ user

did you get the full year or just 3 months? also if you got the full year when did you buy it? id wonder if they didnt send them out based on that.

#40 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:46 PM

did you get the full year or just 3 months? also if you got the full year when did you buy it? id wonder if they didnt send them out based on that.

Year (with the bonus of course), and about 2 weeks into the first month.

#41 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

Year (with the bonus of course), and about 2 weeks into the first month.

damn then thats weird seems like you should have gotten one. are there any other plus subscribers who didnt get a beta code?

#42 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

its pretty damn good especially in the

Spoiler
got my ass handed to me there because i didnt take the time to shine my light around there and before i knew it i was surounded.

its a very fun game im surprised at how useful alot of the secndary items are you cant expect to tank your way through it especially if youre playing solo .

That's cook that the lighting has a actual role within the actual gameplay.

There's one thing about this game that makes me laugh... from the pictures and the little video that I saw, it seems like this game has better lighting and a more natural looking light than Alan Wake.
Posted Image

#43 Voodoo_Lou

Voodoo_Lou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:02 AM

damn then thats weird seems like you should have gotten one. are there any other plus subscribers who didnt get a beta code?

Me. I haven't received one. Day 1 (year sub) PS+ subscriber.

#44 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

It reminds me a lot of Alien Swarm, that free PC game that Valve is giving away on Steam. Gameplay is almost nearly identical.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#45 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:34 AM

Which was a clone of Alien Breed.

#46 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

i want to play this so bad.

EightBitArtist.png

#47 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

i want to play this so bad.

its a very fun game man easily the best psn game ive played yet. and from the way its set up
Spoiler

the story is pretty hokey though but as a fan of zombie anything its easy to look past it and enjoy the fun of the game. co-op isnt enabled though for the beta but i can see the potential fun there.

#48 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

I only played the first level to completion and I';m loving this game. Actualy I don't think I'll play the Beta anymore so as not to spoil the retail release.

[SPOILER]It's a pretty tense game and has a lot of scares. I love that you can charge your shots (with the AR at least) for one shot kills; also that you can blow up cars (which draws the zombies to it)

The country-based leaderboards are a pretty cool touch as well. Does anyone know what's up with the percentage on the leaderboards and the 'zombie-level' of each country? Will the game change when new levels are reached (like Noby-Noby?)
[SPOILER]

While I didn't have this game on radar I'm now definetely excited for it!
Posted Image

#49 StillFree

StillFree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Awesome game, Finished up Campaign mode(normal difficulty) last night.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

the story is pretty hokey though but as a fan of zombie anything its easy to look past it and enjoy the fun of the game. co-op isnt enabled though for the beta but i can see the potential fun there.

every zombie movie/game has a hokey story though. that doesnt phase me in the slightest.

EightBitArtist.png

#51 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

I like the game but playing it alone sucks. The absence of online co-op is puzzling.

#52 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

I didn't get a beta code either and I'm a plus Subscriber.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#53 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm hoping this game is more fun and not as monotonous as Zombie Apocalypse. Game was fun for about 15 mins, then got redundant.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#54 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

I'm hoping this game is more fun and not as monotonous as Zombie Apocalypse. Game was fun for about 15 mins, then got redundant.

This is a lot more like a Survival horror game than a twin-stick shooter. For example, instead of being in a closed 'arena' you're actually traveling through a level and advancing. So it's a lot more fun than Zombie Apocalypse. Think of it as a top-down RE
Posted Image

#55 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

This game is pretty fun. I think they could work on the control scheme a bit however. It'd be nice to have a jump button in there (unless I missed it). Aiming didn't feel all that easy/precise either but that's probably because of the top-down perspective. Pretty solid overall though. I also like that there's at least some narrative. A lot of these zombie games don't have any sort of story or voice acting.

Edited by ssjmichael, 27 August 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#56 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

This is a lot more like a Survival horror game than a twin-stick shooter. For example, instead of being in a closed 'arena' you're actually traveling through a level and advancing. So it's a lot more fun than Zombie Apocalypse. Think of it as a top-down RE

That's good news! It sounds a lot like an M-rated, 4 player co-op version of Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

I have Monster Madness for the PS3 but can never find anyone to play with, so I guess ZN will do when the rest of us can buy/play it. :D

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#57 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

That's good news! It sounds a lot like an M-rated, 4 player co-op version of Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

If that's true, I'm all over it. I love ZAMN. Although I couldn't usually get past the giant ants without my Game Genie. That's one of the only games I think I've ever played where using a game genie didn't ruin the fun, just enhanced it (infinite ammo code).

#58 gindias

gindias

Cubs Still Suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

Me. I haven't received one. Day 1 (year sub) PS+ subscriber.

Same here, I am sure its just random bad luck.

#59 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

i think co-op is only 2 players though at least thats what theyve showed in videos.

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

http://blog.us.plays...mbies-revealed/

Online Co-op Announced:

Ladies and gentlemen! Today I would like to confirm that Dead Nation does indeed feature online co-op play! You will be able to team up with your friends either sharing the same couch or via the PlayStation Network against the undead invasion and start blasting thousands of zombies into pieces and piling up the bodies. All of this and much more is included in Dead Nation, check out the Know Your Enemy trailer.

Originally, online co-op wasn’t going to be included as a launch feature, as the schedule and resources didn’t allow it. However, after many late night play testing sessions and long talks with Sony Computer Entertainment, we decided that this was a must-have feature and it would be unfair to you if we launched without it! At this point, our coders went from working 12 hour days to working 16 hour days as well as weekends! Fortunately I think what we came up works really well. Check out these new co-op screenshots and see for yourself!

Posted Image

The online co-op fully matches the offline experience. Enjoy the full co-op experience with hundreds of on-screen zombies, huge explosions, blowing up zombies into a plethora of pieces and bloody entrails scattered around.

Posted Image

In addition to the coders working non-stop, the designers and artists felt it was only fair to throw themselves into the mix and created big gameplay levels with tons of replay value, adding weapon upgrade system and cool weapons to bring a new tactical dimension to the gameplay.

Posted Image

They also confirmed the price in the comments as $14.99.