Photo
- - - - -

Dead Nation - PSN - $14.99 - Platinum Trophy! - Road of Devastation out 9/27 for $4

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#61 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

Looks like i'll be blowing $30 just on this and Costume Quest

May have to wait for some reviews on that RDR zombie dlc...

#62 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:47 PM

i was a little hesitant on buying this cuz of not having online co-op. now its an instant purchase. id rather wait and have online co-op at launch then get it a little early and be stuck playing by myself.

EightBitArtist.png

#63 Gourd

Gourd

Tofu Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:28 AM

That's good news! It sounds a lot like an M-rated, 4 player co-op version of Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

I have Monster Madness for the PS3 but can never find anyone to play with, so I guess ZN will do when the rest of us can buy/play it. :D

Oh merciful gods, you mentioned ZAMN.

Now, even if the game sucks, I /have/ to buy it.
SUPER EXPLOSIVE POWER SUIT Bangai-O!!!

#64 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

this game looks sweet.
PSN+ members are finally getting a little something.

#65 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

I got a preview code from Sony for Dead Nation that seems to be the full, final build since I got a few trophies after the first mission. The biggest surprise is that this game has a platinum trophy.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#66 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

I got a preview code from Sony for Dead Nation that seems to be the full, final build since I got a few trophies after the first mission. The biggest surprise is that this game has a platinum trophy.

Cool.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#67 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

hopefully that means the release date isnt too far off!

EightBitArtist.png

#68 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

I got a review code today, so this shouldn't be too far off. That's good.
The embargo is TBA since there's no release date yet. That's bad.
It seems that there may be a date announced later this week. That's good.
The game is cursed. That's bad.

#69 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

I got a review code today, so this shouldn't be too far off. That's good.
The embargo is TBA since there's no release date yet. That's bad.
It seems that there may be a date announced later this week. That's good.
The game is cursed. That's bad.

:lol:
I love that halloween episode.
Hoping it releases sooner.

#70 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

this game cant come out quick enough.

EightBitArtist.png

#71 NoOne5353

NoOne5353

Lording in DOTA 2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

14.99 kills this for me. 10 dollars is the sweet spot

#72 technom22

technom22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

This game will always be TBA and will never come out...
xD

#73 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

im glad i got to play the beta seems kinda dumb they didnt try to get this out during halloween. i really hope theyre taking this time to add more to it.

#74 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

well they did add online co-op. im sure it would have been out by now if they didnt include that but personally id rather wait and have the online option.

EightBitArtist.png

#75 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-november-30th/

It's coming on 11/30 for $15.

#76 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

... I need this. :whee:

#77 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1134323p1.html

frisky did you run into any of these problems?

EightBitArtist.png

#78 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

Nope.

I wonder what they mean by "certain PSN accounts that are online" since that sounds like a really random bug.

I should have my review done later this week since I still haven't finished the game and I'd like to try out a higher difficulty with the girl character.

#79 Ch33pSh33p

Ch33pSh33p

Cheap is <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:50 AM

I'm surprised by some of the high review scores as while I'm looking forward to it, it does appear to be yet another dual-stick shooter.

"The cops are here, sucks for them." - Trevor (GTA V)

Gaming Blog | Free games & gift cards! | gaming forum

#80 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

It's not "yet another dual-stick shooter." Play Dead Nation and Zombie Apocalypse and tell me which one was content with being a dual-stick shooter with zombies and which one is a zombie shooter that uses dual-stick controls.

#81 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1134323p1.html

frisky did you run into any of these problems?

I love how they decided to make an example of this game, yet they seem to "miss" major issues with big budget games all the time.

#82 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

It's not "yet another dual-stick shooter." Play Dead Nation and Zombie Apocalypse and tell me which one was content with being a dual-stick shooter with zombies and which one is a zombie shooter that uses dual-stick controls.

I am considering Dead Nation, but not sure what you mean by the above. I only played the demo for Zombie Apocalypse for a few minutes..Are you saying Dead Nation is really good but ZA was not? Just curious. Also, I see that Dead Nation has a looting experience to it, can you expound on that component at all from your play time?

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#83 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

I love how they decided to make an example of this game, yet they seem to "miss" major issues with big budget games all the time.

ign is a joke.just lookat their move vs kinect video lol its sad to see how far that site has fallen.

#84 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

I am considering Dead Nation, but not sure what you mean by the above. I only played the demo for Zombie Apocalypse for a few minutes..Are you saying Dead Nation is really good but ZA was not? Just curious. Also, I see that Dead Nation has a looting experience to it, can you expound on that component at all from your play time?

You called Dead Nation just another dual-stick shooter when it goes far beyond what the average dual-stick shooter, like Zombie Apocalypse, does with the controls. The game as a whole is a bit more like a Left 4 Dead from the overhead perspective without the forced co-op in single-player mode, as you're moving through actual environments rather than just an arena with zombies in it. The controls are not the same as your typical dual-stick shooter since aiming doesn't automatically shoot and there's weight to your character's movements, so you move more slowly when walking backwards than forwards.

The loot isn't really anything like a Diablo or even a DeathSpank, as there are just large crates hidden around each level that earn you a new piece of armor that you can put on at a checkpoint area.

#85 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

You called Dead Nation just another dual-stick shooter when it goes far beyond what the average dual-stick shooter, like Zombie Apocalypse, does with the controls. The game as a whole is a bit more like a Left 4 Dead from the overhead perspective without the forced co-op in single-player mode, as you're moving through actual environments rather than just an arena with zombies in it. The controls are not the same as your typical dual-stick shooter since aiming doesn't automatically shoot and there's weight to your character's movements, so you move more slowly when walking backwards than forwards.

The loot isn't really anything like a Diablo or even a DeathSpank, as there are just large crates hidden around each level that earn you a new piece of armor that you can put on at a checkpoint area.

Thanks for the response, but it wasnt me who called it a dual stick shooter. I just saw your comment and wondered what you meant by it. ;)

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#86 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

yeah, in all honesty, there is no real reason to that article. why mention why the review hasnt been posted yet? the game doesnt come out till the 30th, so they have time before they post a review. frisky and it seems like every other person who reviewed this game so far has yet to experience anything that ign has been talking about.

EightBitArtist.png

#87 commanderxp90

commanderxp90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

http://blog.us.plays...adium-showdown/

New trailer and some new screens.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Holy crap! This game kinda looks more better way than Zombie Apolo.. game.

Let's sign up at the Swagbucks to earn more points and redeem to get rewards:

http://www.swagbucks...r/Commanderxp90

Suppose if you want to join the League of Legends for free-to-play, then sign up at the below link:

http://signup.league...f=4c311020f13ff

#88 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

New interview with dev HERE at start of the podcast.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#89 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:09 AM

http://www.giantbomb...nation/17-3527/

Giant Bomb has a quick look up for this and it showed me a huge thing I never knew, that you could search cars for stuff. I always just blew them up on sight to take out zombies, so I never thought that was where the ~50% of a level's loot was hidden.

#90 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:36 AM

That video makes me want the game even more. Looks really cool. I love how the explosions send the bodies up in the air towards the camera. Cool effect.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png