CAGcast #170: Wombat is Trash: The Trilogy Concludes

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Not only does Shipwreck join us this week, Stephen Toulouse, Head of Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement, talks Xbox Live naughtiness too. We talk PS3 Slim and other Gamescon news, and of course we've got game shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and so much more!

[podcast]79[/podcast]
Download - 101 minutes, 40MB
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, this could be good. (Stephan Toulouse + Spaceshot + The possibility of the Howard Stern contest being discussed) sounds like an awesome combo.

Thanks for getting the show processed quickly, Cheapy. Now I can listen to it for a bit before bed.

I hope you told Toulouse that the reason you like the 360 so much is because you can stick your wang in it.

Wow...congrats on the Stern auction. I can't wait until August 31. I have often thought of bidding on a Stern auction, but I can't afford it. (If I were dying, I would absolutely do it, but since I gotta make mortgage payments...no way.)

Anyway, Congrats! This is such exciting news!!!

That was a fucking great show! I can't wait to get me a copy of that fucking game Shadow Complex, I'm going to have to scorer the internet for giveaways because the asshole cook suckers from Chase put so much fees on my account that it's basically my whole check.... I should go up there, grab my cock & balls and tell them to put it in their mouths and mada fucking gaggle! I don't think they would though. :whistle2:s

I rarely curse this was painful, God is totally gonna use his lighting Laser on me :-({|= Great show as always dudes, you three did a good job of not talking over each other unlike some other podcast out there. o_O

Wow 10k for an hour watching some old dude record a tiny section of his radio show?....that's fucken worth it

About that interveiw with Stephan.... He said on Major's show before that they have better technology in place in regards to reports on live and how they can look into things on a "evidence based system." So don't be surprised if everything you do on camera or say over the mic or send in a message is recorded. If someone is killed and Cops need things from the live team as evidence, I wouldn't be surprised if they can dish out entire conversations both in game and sent in a message. It's new so they do need to cover themselves. I don't care if they are though, I just know not to talk about about my evil plans to take over the world or about stealing a pen on the last day at my old job online...... :whistle2:$

Btw fuck, cunt, shit :)

I was dreading going to work but now that I know I will have another great CAGcast to listen to all is good...ok work will still suck but the CAGcast will be entertaining.

[quote name='USB Cable']About that interveiw with Stephan.... He said on Major's show before that they have better technology in place in regards to reports on live and how they can look into things on a "evidence based system." So don't be surprised if everything you do on camera or say over the mic or send in a message is recorded. If someone is killed and Cops need things from the live team as evidence, I wouldn't be surprised if they can dish out entire conversations both in game and sent in a message. It's new so they do need to cover themselves. I don't care if they are though, I just know not to talk about about my evil plans to take over the world or about stealing a pen on the last day at my old job online...... :whistle2:$

Btw fuck, cunt, shit :)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if this is possible now.
Thankfully no one can track me on my iPhone....

I fucking hate work, but I love the CAGcast... combine the two and I can actually make it through the motherfuckin day. Thanks guys for making my day.

This mother fucking pod cast is so dick balls fly that my day goes by so fast when it comes out and I love it. I can't wait to get Shadow fucking Complex!

Removing component or HDMI cables from consoles really doesn't bother me personally. Go to www.monoprice.com and you can get a 6' component cable for $4.50, or a 6' HDMI cable for $3.50.

But it does hurt the "average" consumer who will pay the $50 or so Best Buy want's to overcharge for them.

I'm wondering if this is less about the console manufacturers cutting costs and not more about throwing retailers a bone for add on sales/profits. I bet if you buy a $299 Xbox or PS3 at Best Buy that Best Buy actually makes more money off the overpriced cable they sell you than the console itself.

Shipwreck you have to get Chad Esteban Ochcocinco to help write that review! It would also be interesting to see how many times he says "Child Please" during the game.

(Child Please!= fuck U)

Please be aware of proper etiquette while conversing over XBOX LIVE:

Improper usage:
OMG!!! YOU ARE SO fuckIN' G@Y!!!!! fuck YOUR STUPID DRAGON PUNCH!!!!

Proper usage:
You must be very talented to shoryuken while having your boyfriend's balls in your eyes.

Politeness matters.

what the fuck , why bring ginger on the show if your only going to let him talk for about 5 min before you chain him up again to write reveiws you greedy bastards let min speak

hah, I just got back from vacation last week in Sandusky, OH. We went to Cedar Point on Wednesday and the lines sucked ass!

The water park is pretty small too.

Great podcast good to hear that asshole Shipwreck on with you guys. Appreciate the Stepto interview. F-U!!

I feel bad for Stephen, dude is fighting an unwinnable battle. I'm sure he's paid pretty handsomely to do so though, so I don't feel TOO bad.

fuck.

I can imagine the reaction of someone that hasn't listened to the podcast yet and is looking through the comments.

And with that: fuck; too much competition for the contest.

After hearing you guys talk about the Slim I realized that CheapyD was more right than I ever thought. The Slim is about getting none traditional gamers to buy one in the holiday season. It looks more like a traditional dvd player and isn't as shiny so its is less intimidating. I can definitely see my parents picking up a PS3 slim for 300 dollars to get a blu ray player along with a HD gaming device to go with their fucking Wii. I can't see them picking up a 360 that can only play games not blu rays.

Hey Cheapy, congrats on Stern. I hope you’ll get to talk on the show, or atleast the wrap-up show. Too bad you missed the George Takai week.

Will your wife be coming to the Sirius building with you and, if so, would you let her come into the studio if asked?

Appreciate the new show!

[quote name='jello00']Looks like Microsoft needs to do some damage control. Excited to listen to the show![/QUOTE]
Yes this could be interesting.

[quote name='padlok']Thankfully no one can track me on my iPhone....[/QUOTE]
Sarcasm can be a bit hard to detect sometimes. You're joking right?

Wow, three motherfuckers from CAG all in one CAGcast. Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck is the shit. Another fucking awesome show guys.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

I love you Wombat but I think you are wrong about district 9. I thought it was one of the best scifi movies I have ever seen. I think most people are going to really like this movie.

Great show and loved the irony: Now the interview with Stephen Toulouse 'Isn't it terrible that people are jerks on the internet!?' ...and now on to our next segment... 'JimmieMac and why he such a great guy!'

Just found out that my company is laying off employees today... so I decided to risk going onto the internet (which is heavily monitored) to post a message for a pretty fucking awesome CAGcast. After all, if I do get laid off I will at least have more time to play some 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. Cock, balls...

Goddamn, I love shipwreck. This is a fantastic episode of the cagcast, one of my favorites yet. I listen every week and rarely comment, but this episode was just so wonderful that I could not resist. I fucking loved the talk about District 9 and, despite Wombat's hatred for it, I will probably see it and judge for myself because I'm a sucker for aliens. Thanks for all the great times I have listening to the CAGcast while gaming or browsing or driving. I even listen while mowing the damn lawn!

Cag cast fuck yeah! I am fucking riding it and i am fucking feeling the american fucking power! fuck i better win that blood in fucking sand game! fucking thanks cheapy fuck and womfuck!

Cheapy, Wombat & Ship

hate to chime in like this, but I've got to say that the CAGCast's rigid format is delving deeper and deeper into 'stale' territory. Had it not been for the interview with Stephen Toulouse I'm not sure I would have made it through the entire episode.

The back and forth between Cheapy and wombat has fizzled lately and the entirety of the show feels like you're both just going through the motions.

I began listening to the CAGCast because I needed something that was different from dire of 'professional' gaming podcasts. I could no longer stand the elitist opinions, the privileged attitudes of those 'professional podcasts. CAGCast struck me as a gaming podcast with 'actual' gamers at the helm whose opinions on things felt very close to my own.

Sadly however this connection is becoming more and more strained as the CAGCast slinks into still waters. I mean, show feedback, new releases, gaming news, NPD numbers?!?!How generic can you get?

Honestly, I don't give a shit about NPD numbers. I'm tuning in because I'm interested in your opinions & personalities. What are you guys playing, what do you think about those games and what are your thoughts what's happening in the gaming world (and outside of it as well). Lately, instead of chiming in on the news you are just reciting what you've culled from other news sites verbatim. It's like you're just reciting my RSS reader at times.

To make matters worse, the recent influx of 'review copies' on CAG is tarnishing the value of your input (looking at you Ship & Wombat). I'm interested in hearing about the games you want to play, not hearing your opinions on games you are only playing because someone sent them to you. There are more than enough sites already with 'holier-than-though', 'this is my job' gaming reviews - want I want is just the straight shit from someone who actually cares about what he/she is playing. I swear, the second I hear Wombat say the word 'embargo' again I am unsubscribing from the show.

I enjoy the CAGCast because it is different, but that doesn't mean the show can just rest on it's laurels. It needs to evolve but unfortunately it seems to be regressing into a sea of mediocrity.

Ease up on the format a bit, or change things up from episode to episode. Get your opinions & personality back into the show. Do something, because you guys need to rekindle the spark that made the CAGCast so great.

godspeed my friends!

ps - eat a bag of dicks!

Shipwreck thinks that people who buy items for their Live avatars are douchebags? No, you red headed ginger fuck, that makes you a douchebag. People can spend their own fucking money anyway they fucking please.

[quote name='Kosh']Shipwreck thinks that people who buy items for their Live avatars are douchebags? No, you red headed ginger fuck, that makes you a douchebag. People can spend their own fucking money anyway they fucking please.[/QUOTE]

I agree whole-heartedly with this post.

Great show - as always. Wombat is once again the voice of measured optimism on District 9 (looks very overwrought for a scifi movie)

Shipwreck was great - just want to hear him chime in more often. But one thing he should know is that you can create a wireless network with a few PS3's, as well as a media center PC (I've snagged audio files from my neighbor's PC over his unsecured network onto my PS3 and played them during Burnout Paradise). Once he does, he should be able to share files over the network - no SD cards needed. Also, he can remote play through a PSP.

And Cheapy.... Taintastic!
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

[quote name='Kosh']Shipwreck thinks that people who buy items for their Live avatars are douchebags? No, you red headed ginger fuck, that makes you a douchebag. People can spend their own fucking money anyway they fucking please.[/QUOTE]

calling him red headed ginger is a bit redundant

Wow, early show this week. Or is it? I can't fucking remember which day the CAGCast comes out anymore! Besides, Tuesday - Thursday feels like one long workday. ;)

bread's done
Back