CAGcast #170: Wombat is Trash: The Trilogy Concludes

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#31 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

$10,000 holy cow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#32 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

I can imagine the reaction of someone that hasn't listened to the podcast yet and is looking through the comments.

And with that: Fuck; too much competition for the contest.

#33 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

After hearing you guys talk about the Slim I realized that CheapyD was more right than I ever thought. The Slim is about getting none traditional gamers to buy one in the holiday season. It looks more like a traditional dvd player and isn't as shiny so its is less intimidating. I can definitely see my parents picking up a PS3 slim for 300 dollars to get a blu ray player along with a HD gaming device to go with their fucking Wii. I can't see them picking up a 360 that can only play games not blu rays.
Posted Image

#34 Dr Killotron

Dr Killotron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hey Cheapy, congrats on Stern. I hope you’ll get to talk on the show, or atleast the wrap-up show. Too bad you missed the George Takai week.

Will your wife be coming to the Sirius building with you and, if so, would you let her come into the studio if asked?

#35 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Appreciate the new show!

Looks like Microsoft needs to do some damage control. Excited to listen to the show!

Yes this could be interesting.

Thankfully no one can track me on my iPhone....

Sarcasm can be a bit hard to detect sometimes. You're joking right?

#36 actripxl

actripxl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking that Cheapy is an Xbot;)

#37 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

Wow, three motherfuckers from CAG all in one CAGcast. Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck is the shit. Another fucking awesome show guys.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

#38 stevew2607

stevew2607

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

That show was the fucking bomb! Keep up the great work you bullshit stomping internet pimps!

#39 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

I love you Wombat but I think you are wrong about district 9. I thought it was one of the best scifi movies I have ever seen. I think most people are going to really like this movie.

#40 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

Great show and loved the irony: Now the interview with Stephen Toulouse 'Isn't it terrible that people are jerks on the internet!?' ...and now on to our next segment... 'JimmieMac and why he such a great guy!'

Edited by dubbfoolio, 19 August 2009 - 06:39 PM.

#41 fenz4ever

fenz4ever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

Just found out that my company is laying off employees today... so I decided to risk going onto the internet (which is heavily monitored) to post a message for a pretty fucking awesome CAGcast. After all, if I do get laid off I will at least have more time to play some 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. Cock, balls...

#42 mikecardii

mikecardii

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

Goddamn, I love shipwreck. This is a fantastic episode of the cagcast, one of my favorites yet. I listen every week and rarely comment, but this episode was just so wonderful that I could not resist. I fucking loved the talk about District 9 and, despite Wombat's hatred for it, I will probably see it and judge for myself because I'm a sucker for aliens. Thanks for all the great times I have listening to the CAGcast while gaming or browsing or driving. I even listen while mowing the damn lawn!

#43 testudo

testudo

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Cag cast Fuck yeah! I am fucking riding it and i am fucking feeling the american fucking power! Fuck i better win that blood in fucking sand game! Fucking thanks cheapy Fuck and womfuck!

#44 Tengaport

Tengaport

Cover your heart Indy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

Cheapy, Wombat & Ship

hate to chime in like this, but I've got to say that the CAGCast's rigid format is delving deeper and deeper into 'stale' territory. Had it not been for the interview with Stephen Toulouse I'm not sure I would have made it through the entire episode.

The back and forth between Cheapy and wombat has fizzled lately and the entirety of the show feels like you're both just going through the motions.

I began listening to the CAGCast because I needed something that was different from dire of 'professional' gaming podcasts. I could no longer stand the elitist opinions, the privileged attitudes of those 'professional podcasts. CAGCast struck me as a gaming podcast with 'actual' gamers at the helm whose opinions on things felt very close to my own.

Sadly however this connection is becoming more and more strained as the CAGCast slinks into still waters. I mean, show feedback, new releases, gaming news, NPD numbers?!?!How generic can you get?

Honestly, I don't give a shit about NPD numbers. I'm tuning in because I'm interested in your opinions & personalities. What are you guys playing, what do you think about those games and what are your thoughts what's happening in the gaming world (and outside of it as well). Lately, instead of chiming in on the news you are just reciting what you've culled from other news sites verbatim. It's like you're just reciting my RSS reader at times.

To make matters worse, the recent influx of 'review copies' on CAG is tarnishing the value of your input (looking at you Ship & Wombat). I'm interested in hearing about the games you want to play, not hearing your opinions on games you are only playing because someone sent them to you. There are more than enough sites already with 'holier-than-though', 'this is my job' gaming reviews - want I want is just the straight shit from someone who actually cares about what he/she is playing. I swear, the second I hear Wombat say the word 'embargo' again I am unsubscribing from the show.

I enjoy the CAGCast because it is different, but that doesn't mean the show can just rest on it's laurels. It needs to evolve but unfortunately it seems to be regressing into a sea of mediocrity.

Ease up on the format a bit, or change things up from episode to episode. Get your opinions & personality back into the show. Do something, because you guys need to rekindle the spark that made the CAGCast so great.

godspeed my friends!

ps - eat a bag of dicks!

Edited by Tengaport, 19 August 2009 - 08:37 PM.
wondering if I can say shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksocker, mother fucker or tits in here

#45 Kosh

Kosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Shipwreck thinks that people who buy items for their Live avatars are douchebags? No, you red headed ginger Fuck, that makes you a douchebag. People can spend their own fucking money anyway they fucking please.

3DS - 3196-4135-7383

WiiU - KoshOne

#46 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

Shipwreck thinks that people who buy items for their Live avatars are douchebags? No, you red headed ginger Fuck, that makes you a douchebag. People can spend their own fucking money anyway they fucking please.

I agree whole-heartedly with this post.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#47 foamking

foamking

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

Great show - as always. Wombat is once again the voice of measured optimism on District 9 (looks very overwrought for a scifi movie)

Shipwreck was great - just want to hear him chime in more often. But one thing he should know is that you can create a wireless network with a few PS3's, as well as a media center PC (I've snagged audio files from my neighbor's PC over his unsecured network onto my PS3 and played them during Burnout Paradise). Once he does, he should be able to share files over the network - no SD cards needed. Also, he can remote play through a PSP.

And Cheapy.... Taintastic!
file:///D:/TEMP/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

#48 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

calling him red headed ginger is a bit redundant

#49 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

Wow, early show this week. Or is it? I can't fucking remember which day the CAGCast comes out anymore! Besides, Tuesday - Thursday feels like one long workday. ;)
Posted Image

#50 twisted poke

twisted poke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

good podcast. Enjoyed having Shipwreck on. Keep up the good work you crazy motherfuckers.

#51 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

Hey Cheapy, cut the fucking iphone bullshit out of the show. No one gives a Fuck about that shit and it puts me to sleep almost as fast as Wombat.

Shipwreck, it was Disgaea 3 that has the $50 pack collecting all of the paid content into a single download. Cross Edge only had 3 packs (if memory serves) that cost anything with about 12 that were fucking free.

Wombat, good show. Make Cheapy talk less about those fucking iphone games. It's not a gaming platform and it isn't even a good phone. Fuck that shit!

#52 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

I haven't heard the CAGcast yet (will tonight), but I have to say some of the blog postings on CAG have been beyond that of questionable taste IMHO. Is a blog on CAG that makes fun of Parkinson's Disease any better than what occurs on Xbox Live?
[cp][/cp]

#53 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

Holy shit great show. Nice interview, good to know they actually try to get Fuck heads banned.

#54 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

One more fucking thing, I just had to buy an HDMI cable when I bought an Xbox and the cheapest price I found was a little over $3.50 (shipped) from Firefold.com for their house-branded cable. If you need more than one or just like to have extras you can get a better price per cable, I think someone had a sale like 3/$6 or something crazy yesterday. But if you just need one I'd highly recommend Firefold, they shipped it fast and it works great.

#55 mindcloud

mindcloud

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

That CAGCast was a kick in the Taint! And congrats on winning that fucking howard stern auction, hope you guys make it on air and you can play it on the Cagcast!

#56 ArrestedDeveloper

ArrestedDeveloper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

Shadow Complex is the shit.

#57 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

everyone please stop cussing so much or you'll make our lord and master very angry for taking his name in vain.
Spoiler

#58 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Holy crap! I'm an avid Stern fan, so the news that Cheapy and Wombat will be on his show is the best thing I've heard all week. Make us proud, guys, and prepare yourselves - Stern and his crew will be relentless when they find out that you're gamers. After all, why would anyone play something like that Guitar Hero when they could learn the song on an actual guitar. Right..? ;)

#59 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

The one thing that disappointed me heavily from this CAGcast was the lack of Shipwreck. It seemed like the only time he made any comment was when he had to discuss a review or say that he got that game in for review. To be honest, I find it to be shit that he didn't get as much input as both Cheapy and Wombat.

Otherwise, I think this CAGcast was actually really fucking great... These comments make me laugh, cause you can tell how many are just throwing as many fucks in there as they can.

2014 All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Champion at IHOP #814

DarkZion9.png card.png

#60 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

What a great CAGcast! Great interview with Stephen Toulouse. I've always wanted to play Blood on the Sand so please fucking send me a copy. Thanks! Fuck!
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/mxpowar"][/URL]