CAGcast #170: Wombat is Trash: The Trilogy Concludes

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#91 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

That Stephen Tolouse sure knows his shit.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#92 goosenamedal

goosenamedal

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Great fucking show!! Can't wait for the Howard Stern thing.. Going to have to listen in on that..

I can't believe what happened To Jim! Even if he wasn't a CAG he would have been my favorite.
"You can put a prom dress on a pig but you still can't dance with it.." So fucking funnny. Do you think he lost all his emotion because Tek got the boot? Oh well..

Tell Jim to get on a Top Chef next!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#93 Jake Tower

Jake Tower

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

Cheapy, Wombat & Ship

hate to chime in like this, but I've got to say that the CAGCast's rigid format is delving deeper and deeper into 'stale' territory. Had it not been for the interview with Stephen Toulouse I'm not sure I would have made it through the entire episode.

The back and forth between Cheapy and wombat has fizzled lately and the entirety of the show feels like you're both just going through the motions.

I began listening to the CAGCast because I needed something that was different from dire of 'professional' gaming podcasts. I could no longer stand the elitist opinions, the privileged attitudes of those 'professional podcasts. CAGCast struck me as a gaming podcast with 'actual' gamers at the helm whose opinions on things felt very close to my own.

Sadly however this connection is becoming more and more strained as the CAGCast slinks into still waters. I mean, show feedback, new releases, gaming news, NPD numbers?!?!How generic can you get?

Honestly, I don't give a shit about NPD numbers. I'm tuning in because I'm interested in your opinions & personalities. What are you guys playing, what do you think about those games and what are your thoughts what's happening in the gaming world (and outside of it as well). Lately, instead of chiming in on the news you are just reciting what you've culled from other news sites verbatim. It's like you're just reciting my RSS reader at times.

To make matters worse, the recent influx of 'review copies' on CAG is tarnishing the value of your input (looking at you Ship & Wombat). I'm interested in hearing about the games you want to play, not hearing your opinions on games you are only playing because someone sent them to you. There are more than enough sites already with 'holier-than-though', 'this is my job' gaming reviews - want I want is just the straight shit from someone who actually cares about what he/she is playing. I swear, the second I hear Wombat say the word 'embargo' again I am unsubscribing from the show.

I enjoy the CAGCast because it is different, but that doesn't mean the show can just rest on it's laurels. It needs to evolve but unfortunately it seems to be regressing into a sea of mediocrity.

Ease up on the format a bit, or change things up from episode to episode. Get your opinions & personality back into the show. Do something, because you guys need to rekindle the spark that made the CAGCast so great.

godspeed my friends!

ps - eat a bag of dicks!

I just want to say Tengaport hits on something I hadn't been able to articulate; I agree with his general characterization. You guys are getting just a wee bit stale on the CAGCast.

Get your fucking personalities back in the show, shitheads!
Posted Image

#94 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

Oh, I forgot about the contest in my last post... the thought of the PS3 camera monkey flying around on a giant cock is pretty fucking hilarious.

#95 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

Oh, I forgot about the contest in my last post... the thought of the PS3 camera monkey flying around on a giant cock is pretty fucking hilarious.

after reading this I will now only refer to EyePet as "PS3 camera monkey", thank you for that

#96 bluu

bluu

Grizzled Old CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

I'd really like to post an entry into the Fuck swearing contest thing but I'm afraid I would get banned for life,is there a thread/or post somewhere that says that Cheapy or Any mod won't ban me for letting the filth fairy fly in this contest ?

#97 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

I think the entry requirements for the contest are bullshit.

#98 jedi_dad

jedi_dad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

as always...great fucking podcast. it was a magnificent threesome.

this Star Wars fan will never buy the overpriced avatar items in the marketplace. I was tempted to buy the Clone Trooper helmet. the prices microsoft charges for themes, gamerpics and items is insulting. and I buy a lot of XBLA games...except Trials.

Cheapy, I think you might enjoy Shadow Complex. it's a lot of fun.

#99 brennan8522

brennan8522

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

Nice show guys, it was fucking awesome.

#100 skol

skol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

Fucking great show guys. I may pick up Shadow Complex because of it.

#101 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

For most of the show I completely forgot Shipwreck was even fucking there.

Good listen though, didn't really learn anything new from the guest, but I will say that suspending/banning the guy for the guy singing the national anthem (or whatever it was, involved America, Patriotism, etc) was a good story and I love to hear stuff like that.

And do a CAGcast in America god damn, just for shits or something, even if it has nothing to do with games.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#102 waterman460000

waterman460000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

thanks you dirty bitches for the great fucking show. it was easily one of the most fucking hilarious fucking cagcast I have fucking heard in a fucking while. i almost shit my pants from laughing. i have to admit that the interview was pretty shitty though. Every time the guest said a word that started with an S my fucking ear drums would rip. The damn quality was pure shit. damn Fuck cunt hoe whore bitch shit Fuck.
Now Playing
:360: Dark Sector, Hitman: Blood Money

#103 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

are you guys going to Dave & Busters when CheapyD Come to NYC?

#104 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

Great show however Stepto didn't really address the situation with Wombat and the messages. He just spoke about what he does answered a few questions and that was it.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#105 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

Excellent Show! One thing I took away from it was the fact that Cheapy ordered Batman on 360 over PS3 simply because he likes the controller better. Don't get me wrong, I love both my PS3 & 360, it's just for some reason, the 360 controller just feels better. It's always good to hear someone pick a multiplatform game on 360 for some other reason than achievements.
Posted Image

#106 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

holy shit, this show was freak-fucking-tastic. you guys were bitchin' and shittin' and cock-suckin' good!

btw Cheapy, have fun in NY! i'll be listening in live to the Stern show. gonna see if you can handle being in the studio. you can finally pimp CAG on the radio, right? wish i was there~! :)
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#107 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

GOOD SHOW! Just .02...

I was kind of hoping to hear more about the PS3 slim, your opinions about the price drop, and what effects it might have on sales numbers (vs the Wii and 360 also). You did talk about it some, but you kind of just brushed on the surface without offering much personal insight. I'm not sure what I was looking for exactly I suppose, but I expected a little more from such big news in the industry.

Loved the interview - I like how you guys asked "regular guy" questions, and didn't try to sound like journalists.

About paying for avatar clothes and stuff, I don't see how this is much different than paying for costumes etc in the games themselves - and overall, I agree it's ALL douchebaggery.

Finally, I say let Shipwreck talk more next time (and have back and forth discussions more, as some other users have commented), OR - how about a Cag Foreplay Ship??? It's been a while.

#108 CaptNink

CaptNink

Building consensus.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

Another contest I probably won't win.

Fuck you. Fuck all of you.

P.S. Good podcast!
Posted Image]

#109 Tengaport

Tengaport

Cover your heart Indy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

are we doing a NYC CAG Meetup while Cheapy is in town?

#110 clockworkbob

clockworkbob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:47 PM

Great show. The interview made me want to go look for my crystal fucking skull.

#111 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

nice show. i have missed a lot of shows lately but glad you guys are still going. it also made me glad that i still don't have an xbox live subscription. also the ps3 slim $299 price tag is looking pretty good right now. (blu ray woohoo) when i get some more amazon credit built up i will probably pick one up. o ya am i supposed to Fucking curse here?

#112 tk216

tk216

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

Having just finished the fucking show, I have to say I'd love to hear a pod cast "Live from The Basement" with Cheapy and Wombat. Cheapy, make your trip memorable for all of us!

Edited to add the class... (Fuck!)

#113 -Syzygy-

-Syzygy-

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

my definition of a douchebag is someone who thinks we were referring to children when making such statements and not adults. Also I stopped buying comics over a year ago, and I spend very little on videogames. These days my all money goes to the bills and mortgage. Or does providing for my family make me a douchebag too? It seems we are not the only ones who make flippant bullshit comments.

See now thats what i was talking about. Didn't that feel good?
Posted Image

#114 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:40 AM

Am I the only one here who was offended by Cheapy and Wombat's use of the word "retard"? I realize that Cheapy was quoting a movie (which was heavily protested because of its use of the word "retard"), and according to his Twitter, Wombat was "being ironic", although I think he meant "moronic".

I am a son of a special education teacher and I currently work with special needs kids. I find your flippant use of "retard" equivalent to a racial slur or the derrogatory use of the word "gay", which I would assume would be unacceptable.

This is an issue that I have been discussing on my podcast for the last few months, and I even wrote an open letter on Bitmob. http://bitmob.com/in...t-be-said..html

I normally enjoy your show and am disappointed in this lapse in your standards. I hope this is just an abberation. If I want insensitive assholes, I'd just as well listen to the Giant Bombcast.

PS. E*Master still thinks Wombat hates Germans.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#115 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:54 AM

Glad someone else here found District 9 subpar. I thought it was pretty boring.

#116 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

Great show guys. I was worried when you said Shipwreck would be on the show. I was afraid he would start talking about obscure lame ass games no one but him would play, but he was a good addition to you guys. Well, at least for the 4 minutes he talked.

The interview was alright. Sounded like the guy was talking with his XBL headset though.

As far as the contest goes, just give me the fuckin free game. I'm not a rich bastard like Cheapy fuckin D who can afford to spend 10k to go finger himself in front of Howard Stern instead of doing it while he's sitting on the can, looking up Stern pics with his Iphone. Hell I can't even afford to spend 10 bucks on anything, let alone games. So send that shit my way.

#117 125125

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:13 AM

Wombat question with Fallout 3 which dlc do you think is the most worth the amount of money you spend on it. I feel like downloading one of the dlc for fallout, but i dont know which one.

#118 kennistond

kennistond

I'm so LOST

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

To be completely honest, I stopped the show 30 minutes and had to fucking buy Shadow Complex because of how fucking awesome it sounded. And it really is. So fucking thanks.

#119 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

I want that fockin shit game you bald ass mother focker. good fockin show.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#120 Jake Tower

Jake Tower

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

By the way, Wombat must force Cheapy to do a podcast from the basement next week.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."
Posted Image