CAGcast #170: Wombat is Trash: The Trilogy Concludes

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#151 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:10 AM

It's really sad at how people can be so fucking inconsiderate and disrespectful as long as they think they are anonymous. But it's good to hear that there seems to be a pretty thorough mechanism in place at least to try to bring accountability to the worst offenders.

#152 JoeX111

JoeX111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

I think Shipwreck should seriously get his own little section* of the show whenever he's on, similar to Wombat's News and Stuff. His banter fits in well with everyone else, but he tends to fade into the background a bit and go for long stretches without talking. Get him out there some more!

*Yeah, I realize he does the new releases, but give me a break, that's not exactly engaging communication.

#153 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

Please ignore the long, impassioned dissections of why the show "just ain't as good as it used to be." There are always going to be people who stop liking a show and think it's because it's something on the show has changed (or hasn't changed), when in reality, it's the listener himself whose tastes have moved on. It happens.

The discussion of A-list games being intimidating was so full of fucking truth that my head almost exploded. At last, someone has gotten to the heart of an issue that has long bothered me as a gamer: Whether it’s because I feel like I need to clear my schedule before taking it on or I’m just overwhelmed by the thought of trying to finish these massive games, I invariably find myself reticent to start marquee games. Instead, I polish off an XBLA title, play something on the DS, or pop in a B-list title rather than delve into the stack of acclaimed backlog titles I have waiting for me. This is a real issue for a lot of gamers, and I’m glad someone finally brought it up.

While I disagree with Wombat’s overall assessment of District 9, I think some of his critiques are accurate. The film is good, not great, and has been somewhat overhyped by FPS fans who finally have a movie that speaks directly to them and is not complete and utter dogshit. It’s not Citizen Kane, but it is original and has its merits, and as long as you don’t focus on the battleship-sized plot holes, you will have a good time. I will say that I saw Ponyo the same weekend and walked out of the theater considerably more satisfied by that film. But to each their own. And incidentally, G.I. Joe and BOTH Transformers movies are steaming piles of shit. I'm glad at least Cheapy has the sense to recognize that.

Finally, $10k is a ridiculous amount of scratch just to sit in Stern’s presence, but hopefully you’ll get your dick sucked or get to ride a Sybian or something.

Edited by Tybee, 27 August 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#154 cregoagogo

cregoagogo

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

Holy shit that was a great fucking Cagcast. I was really fucking expecting the Microsoft moderator to be a lot more uptight and be a cock. But I guess with all the fucked up shit he has to hear it probably takes a fucking lot to offend that son of a bitchin' bastard. Is that enough swearing for Blood in the Sand? I feel dirty.

#155 soylentgreen360

soylentgreen360

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

uh lookie here how am you? i just found a mutha fucking copy of 50 cent blood in the sand at target for $19.99. so if yall dont win dis game den fallow all the white women to target and buy it. Fuck mutha fuckers.

#156 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:12 AM

That what I am talkin about big bawler soylentgreen. Yo you gots to keep these real mutha fuckers in the know dog. I'm gonna bounce to target and scoop me copy of that dope 50 shit. Keep it real gangster. And don't worry when I go I'll be wearing my tag backwards incase in these punk bitches gets out of line.

#157 megaman1421

megaman1421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:09 AM

Good episode, It had been a while since there was a fucking interview.
Posted Image

#158 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

Cheapy I don't think you really thought this swearing thing through properly.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#159 Xninja

Xninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

Where is my fucking cagcast this week!

#160 Kosh

Kosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

Where is my fucking cagcast this week!

Must be back to fucking fortnights.:roll:

3DS - 3196-4135-7383

WiiU - KoshOne

#161 HuBu

HuBu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

One reason why I don't go to the movies at night anymore is because all the damn teenagers hanging out and talking during the fucking movie. Their parents just drop them off them as if this place is a fucking babysitter.

3DS FC 2964 8633 0039 (Send PM if you added me)

[img src="http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/Hbui.png" ]

#162 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

I always go to the very first show or the last show and never had that problem. It is only when I go crazy and go in the middle of day do I get the rude people.

#163 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

I just wanted to inform you of your epic fail. Not posting the Sunday ads with Batman on sale screw you Cheapy
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#164 Schmackledorf

Schmackledorf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:26 AM

I was expecting the Toulouse part to be pretty fucking boring, but that actually wasn't too bad. Always enjoy it when Ship is on the show though. He always adds some damn good parts to the show.

#165 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

I just wanted to inform you of your epic fail. Not posting the Sunday ads with Batman on sale screw you Cheapy

:roll:

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#166 Johnny2900

Johnny2900

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:05 AM

this just comes to show not to Fuck with anyone on xbox live but people should not also do it on the Playstation network or on Nintendo Wi-Fi. the people that insulted wombat really need to get a fucking life if they could just time out of their little pathetic fucking lives and harm someone on a community and saying that to everyone that has also been affected online as well because I am sure Wombat is not alone...