Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 8/21-8/27 w/ coup: 25%-off used games when buying new Batman: AA, Max 3.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#61 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

I'm fairly certain you could use it today. The reason I say this is based on an experience I had the other day with the professor layton pre-order coupon. The guy used the coupon without requiring that I preorder anything (because I have 3 other games preordered at that store already). All he did was plug in the code and it took the 25% off without the necessity of me preordering anything. My guess is that if they type in the code this coupon will work too regardless of whether you preorder or pay the whole thing off - today or next week. I could be wrong, but I thought I'd mention this.

#62 AntiCommie

AntiCommie

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

I dont think these are that bad. 25% off a 55$ game is still 13$. Do that on 2-3 and even if you lose the 5$ down, you still made out good, better then the 20% off by $1 + change. If you like batman, even better.

I'm also pretty sure you wont lose anything if you cancel the preorder, or if your lazy, just wait till the 30-90 day timeframe is over and GS will automatically cancel your order and refund the deposit. Atleast, thats what my GS does. I just dont remember the timeframe.

#63 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

is ghost recon 2 any good? are ppl still playing this game?
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#64 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

god these coupons... oh well it is making me save money for all the good new games coming out this fall/winter! pass on this epic fail of a coupon!

Ghost Recon 2 is excellent. I haven't played it on my gamercard yet but I played it over at a buddies house when it came out and it was fun. I personally liked it better than the first one

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#65 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

you'd think they would have a coupon catering to the new ps3 owners.

(i meant deals of the week)

Edited by perdition(troy, 21 August 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#66 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Apparently gamestop lost the memo we are cheap azz gamers. LOL

#67 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

http://marketplace.x...5-d80241560816/

800pts on xbox live, idk bout PSN. BTW anybody going to GS please report back on whether you could use the batman coupon today or if you had to wait till Tuesday. The coupon does start today as opposed to the Madden coupon which only worked on the release day.

TIA

Just called them. You can use it today if you buy Batman at the sametime of course. Didn't ask them about previously having it preordered since that doesn't apply to me. Now I can get Ghostbusters at the price I wanted.

#68 celtic1962

celtic1962

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'm fairly certain you could use it today. The reason I say this is based on an experience I had the other day with the professor layton pre-order coupon. The guy used the coupon without requiring that I preorder anything (because I have 3 other games preordered at that store already). All he did was plug in the code and it took the 25% off without the necessity of me preordering anything. My guess is that if they type in the code this coupon will work too regardless of whether you preorder or pay the whole thing off - today or next week. I could be wrong, but I thought I'd mention this.

Guess it depends on what GS you go to. I checked with mine at Orange City, Florida and was told I can't use the coupon until I make the actual physical purchase of the AA game as they want to avoid people doing preorders and then never picking up the game:cry:

#69 hanun1002

hanun1002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

NO slim PS3?? :O

#70 monsoon man

monsoon man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

Guess it depends on what GS you go to. I checked with mine at Orange City, Florida and was told I can't use the coupon until I make the actual physical purchase of the AA game as they want to avoid people doing preorders and then never picking up the game:cry:

YMMV I guess. I was told I couldn't use it till the 25th either. Anybody who wants to use the coupon now I guess you'll have to do a buy, return, re-buy.

#71 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

Can you still get the 25% bonus on trade-ins (towards AA) if you use this coupon at the same time?

#72 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

Please note that the poster with the pre-order of Metroid Prime Trilogy is no longer available.

#73 boatack13

boatack13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

I was just at both GS's at Chicago Ridge Mall, IL and both were running buy 2 get 1 sales. I don't know if this is nationwide or YMMV, I did not see it mentioned on CAG anywhere, although I didn't look too hard as the computer I am on is super slow.

#74 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:18 AM

Not a bad coupon considering B:AA is supposed to be an excellent game. I'll be picking up Ghost Recon 2 for sure at that price though. Thanks, jp.

#75 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

I saw a dude use this tonight when he paid off his preorder at the Midnight launch. Hopefully it works for everyone else as well.

#76 firecracker22

firecracker22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

Nice.

I might pick up Condemned. Though, and I know the OP says it can, I wonder if my local GS cashier won't have a melt down with all the "complications" of having to stack my edge card ontop of the coupon ontop for the used game while stacking my edge card ontop of the discount for the guide ontop of my pre-order for the CE.

I just don't see how my local GS won't freak out and have they're heads explode from it all.

#77 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

Nice.

I might pick up Condemned. Though, and I know the OP says it can, I wonder if my local GS cashier won't have a melt down with all the "complications" of having to stack my edge card ontop of the coupon ontop for the used game while stacking my edge card ontop of the discount for the guide ontop of my pre-order for the CE.

I just don't see how my local GS won't freak out and have they're heads explode from it all.

Both local Gamestops near me had complete meltdowns when I tried to use this coupon with edge. The first store could not get the coupon to apply no matter what he tried so I gave up there and the second store had to apply the discount manually to the used games...What a nightmare (in addition one store didn't even have Metroid Prime Trilogy that I preordered and neither had the bonuses...)
:bomb:

#78 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

Used the coupon plus Edge to get NCAA Football 10 on 360 for $34.49 plus tax last night at the midnight launch. Once again I'm the only person who uses the Gamestop coupons at that store.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#79 firecracker22

firecracker22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, the gamestop I'm headed to is pretty small...and hopefully won't be too full, to deal with all the melting of minds.

Thanks for the heads up too, btw. I'll let the GS cashier know he might have to manually enter the coupon first.

#80 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

is ghost recon 2 any good? are ppl still playing this game?

It's a fantastic single player game, and the multiplayer still has an active community.

#81 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

Ahhh crap. Looks like I have to wait till the next time Gamestop actually puts out a standalone 20-25% off coupon for PS3 games, since I have like $40 left there from the FNR4 trade deal.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#82 io

io

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

Both local Gamestops near me had complete meltdowns when I tried to use this coupon with edge. The first store could not get the coupon to apply no matter what he tried so I gave up there and the second store had to apply the discount manually to the used games...What a nightmare (in addition one store didn't even have Metroid Prime Trilogy that I preordered and neither had the bonuses...)
:bomb:

So I'm not seeing a lot of reports here. I'm guessing not too many CAGs actually tried to use the coupon ('cause, well, it sucks). But I had something similar happen. Except that it did work on the first game of the 3 I was buying. He had to manually adjust for the other 2 but did it relatively quickly. I got hosed out of $1 or so, though, since when they manually adjust that brings down the amount the Edge discount is based on. So, since they took nearly $10 off the other 2 games I lost about $1 in Edge discount. But that's not a huge deal.

Still, it sucks that GS put out a crappy coupon that doesn't even work right! :lol:

#83 denshaotoko

denshaotoko

WoW Free Since 05/09

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

any chance you can return Batman: AA after getting the deal from the coupon?

#84 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

any chance you can return Batman: AA after getting the deal from the coupon?

I don't see why not, since they let many of us return Fight Night Round 4 after doing the 'trade 3, get FNR 4 nearly free' deal a bit ago. Of course, some of us(me) got a gift receipt just for the sheer purpose of saying 'I got it as a gift and I don't want it'. :D

Sneaky? Yes. But it got me $60 in credit for $25 worth of games.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#85 YawnAmuroYawn

YawnAmuroYawn

What is real?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

Yeah just did this with the coupon, and the manager had to call up whoever, and then override it. The coupon goes through for only one of the games automatically...

#86 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:11 AM

Yeah just did this with the coupon, and the manager had to call up whoever, and then override it. The coupon goes through for only one of the games automatically...

same thing happened to me. At least he figured it out tho. Picked up Batman AA, Uncharted, and Metal Gear Solid 4. Now if only Amazon ships my damn PS3 Slim...

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#87 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

Anyone else notice that www.gamestop.com goes to barnes and nobles video game?

Not sure if it is a DNS mix-up or did www.gamestop.com get bought out by Barnes and Nobles.

www.ebgames.com still works though..

Anyone else sees this?

Posted Image

[Edit] - Its back up now.. How weird.

Edited by spamfree2, 29 August 2009 - 01:11 PM.

#88 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

Anyone else notice that www.gamestop.com goes to barnes and nobles video game?

Not sure if it is a DNS mix-up or did www.gamestop.com get bought out by Barnes and Nobles.

www.ebgames.com still works though..

Anyone else sees this?

Posted Image

[Edit] - Its back up now.. How weird.

They are the same company. GS.com was just doing maintenance and is back up now.