BACK IN STOCK!!! Earth Defense Force 2017(Xbox 360) New - $11.82

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
Well, if you never got around to picking up a new copy of Earth Defense Force 2017 for the Xbox 360, you have no excuse now. Walmart.com has EDF2017 on clearance for only $11.82, A.K.A. a freaking steal. Sure, it came out a few years ago, but it is undoubtedly a cult-classic and this is the best price I've ever seen it for all by itself. If you've never played the Godzilla of gaming, you can change that at the link below.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5515978

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed this for 20 when it first came out and though it was a steal compared to the pricing of 360 games back then. I never beat it though because it got a little boring after awhile to me. Anyone know how long it takes to beat on normal or easy?

This game is totally worth it. Kind of repetitive, but SO much fun if you play it with buddies. I played the hell out of it (beat it 3 or 4 times to get all of the goodies/weapons) and now my nephews play it like crazy just so they can fight each other with tanks, robots, and helicopters. Get this game!!

I just bit on this, can't tell if everyone is being sarcastic about this game or not...ship-to-store is so confusing, at first only 1 store w/in 100 miles of my zip had it, then I got an expanded list which basically let me choose any location. Even if I chose the one that had it, it was still saying a 9/2 expected pick up date. That seems like a while...hopefully buyer's remorse doesn't set in..

[quote name='token2k6']I just bit on this, can't tell if everyone is being sarcastic about this game or not...ship-to-store is so confusing, at first only 1 store w/in 100 miles of my zip had it, then I got an expanded list which basically let me choose any location. Even if I chose the one that had it, it was still saying a 9/2 expected pick up date. That seems like a while...hopefully buyer's remorse doesn't set in..[/QUOTE]

Um it's not confusing at all. Ship-to-store=/=store pickup. They ship the item to the store instead of your house, that's why you can choose any Wal-Mart. The reason they don't charge you shipping is because they include the item with the normal shipment the store would get, so it costs them nothing to get it there for you.

I've heard lots of good things but I cannot in good conscience buy this after seeing videos. It just looks... I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't look good.

[quote name='token2k6']I just bit on this, can't tell if everyone is being sarcastic about this game or not...[/QUOTE]No sarcasm, if you don't take this game seriously and play it in short bursts, it is a ton of fun.

Guys, this game is FREAKIN AWESOME!! At $12 this is a must for any 360 owner. I personally bought a 360 arcade just for this game. No jokes.

For $8 more, you can order the package deal from amazon which also includes Samurai Warriors 2 o_O Get a something else small and you can get SSS. Been on the fence about this game, rawr :\

[quote name='Lock1454']For $8 more, you can order the package deal from amazon which also includes Samurai Warriors 2 o_O Get a something else small and you can get SSS. Been on the fence about this game, rawr :\[/QUOTE]
Whoah. That's a pretty nice package deal.

[quote name='Lock1454']For $8 more, you can order the package deal from amazon which also includes Samurai Warriors 2 o_O Get a something else small and you can get SSS. Been on the fence about this game, rawr :\[/QUOTE]
Link for the lazies?

Yeah, this the B-movie of games. Its bad, but in a ton of ways its awesome. I got it for 5 bucks from blockbuster and have put over 30 hours into it. It's insane. I had to buy it since it has a ton of buzz here on CAG.

I'm going to beat this game on Inferno even if it takes me 5 years.

This game isn't the greatest but I had a great time playing it with my bro and buddies. One player was okay, but would be extremely difficult in the later rounds.

Definitely big fun..........and corny. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed this game. Hint - go through the normal modes so that you can save up money to buy better weapons for the hard modes.

[quote name='minos1067']Hint - go through the normal modes so that you can save up money to buy better weapons for the hard modes.[/QUOTE]There's no money system in the game. You find all the better weapons for free on the harder difficulty. But yeah, it's harder to beat those later difficulties w/o finding the mid-range quality weapons on normal.

Sorry about nerding-out and splitting hairs... ;)

Thank for the opinions guys, you convinced me. I picked up the combo pack from Amazon.

I'm hoping me and my 4 year old son can play this together.

[quote name='turls']Don't buy it for the achievements, but for local co-op, pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]
This is the truth 60-90 hour average for 1000/1000, and difficulty achievements do not stack, 5 playthroughs for the 5 difficulty achievements.

Not a game for the achievement whore

The one quirk is the no auto save game/progress feature. I'm talking about saving mission progress / weapons found game save, which is the whole point of the game really.

One day I came home from work and my wife and her step-dad had plowed through a large portion of one difficulty setting, 2nd hardest or 3rd hardest, I don't remember. We chatted, Step-dad left, game still on the tv, then I took the disc out and they hadn't saved yet. My wife wanted to beat me up, she was quoting that Knight's Tale character threatening with the "lots of pain!" mantra thing. No bigee, they just did it again the next week, happily I might add.

I would love to see a sequel.

Question, did a quick search on it and deep discount has
it for 8.99 w free shipping is that a bad place to order from? Never ordered from them but that seems a pretty good deal.

I believe Samurai Warriors 2 is what it is, yet another Koei button mashing warrior game. Brought absolutely nothing new to the table, which is why it (as well as alot of the other Warrior games) are justly rated low. But for a person who enjoys that type of game or doesn't have one at all, I think it's gotta be worth the $8. But to each their own, sadly the closest walmart to me is too far :\

[quote name='loomis1975']The one quirk is the no auto save game/progress feature. I'm talking about saving mission progress / weapons found game save, which is the whole point of the game really.

One day I came home from work and my wife and her step-dad had plowed through a large portion of one difficulty setting, 2nd hardest or 3rd hardest, I don't remember. We chatted, Step-dad left, game still on the tv, then I took the disc out and they hadn't saved yet. My wife wanted to beat me up, she was quoting that Knight's Tale character threatening with the "lots of pain!" mantra thing. No bigee, they just did it again the next week, happily I might add.

I would love to see a sequel.[/QUOTE]

I really hope the next game in the series is being worked on. I love this game.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Seems like Samurai Warriors 2 really isn't worth the extra $8. If you can do the site-to-store shipping, it's probably for the best.[/QUOTE]
Going off the reviews for a Koei game is not smart. If you know anything about the franchise, it is that Koei has been rehashing the same formula for years with very little improvements. Reviewers can't rate it high as a result, but for folks who actually play the games, they can easily find a lot of fun in it, while acknowledging how awful Koei is.

i honestly don't see the "fun" in this game. The graphics are bad and the gameplay is extremely repetitive. I can't bring myself to play all 50 missions

This game is awesome. If you don't find this game, increase the difficulty. Play it with a friend. Though if you plan to beat it on the hardest difficulty, you will need to grind like a RPG. It gets really tough and requires you to increase your HP or grind for better weapons

By all accounts I should love this game, but I don't. I was even playing co-op too. Not a good game for achievements either (completely independent of why I don't like the game, I swear really).

[quote name='RollingSkull']Going off the reviews for a Koei game is not smart. If you know anything about the franchise, it is that Koei has been rehashing the same formula for years with very little improvements. Reviewers can't rate it high as a result, but for folks who actually play the games, they can easily find a lot of fun in it, while acknowledging how awful Koei is.[/QUOTE]
Sounds to me like Dynasty Warriors players and Koei fanboys are masochists for putting up with a franchise in need of change that never comes. Although, for $8, I could understand the game's appeal, to a certain extent. I do doubt that SW2 will be as well received as EDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='victant']My 2 year old son's playing it on normal difficulty right now. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

why would you abuse you child like that?

[quote name='BlueSwim']Sounds to me like Dynasty Warriors players and Koei fanboys are masochists for putting up with a franchise in need of change that never comes. Although, for $8, I could understand the game's appeal, to a certain extent. I do doubt that SW2 will be as well received as EDF.[/QUOTE]
Koei fans find the formula terribly addicting. You won't understand it until you've played it.

[quote name='donburns99']Do DeepDiscount games normally come new? Case, manual and all that?[/QUOTE]
Yes. DD isn't a used games retailer.

Also, anyone who loves big dumb arcadey shooters should buy the crap out of this game. $9 is awesome.

How is this for single player? All the positive comments I'm reading are for multiplayer, and that hardly ever happens for me (don't like internet much, and don't get a chance for local often).

[quote name='Wolfpup']How is this for single player? All the positive comments I'm reading are for multiplayer, and that hardly ever happens for me (don't like internet much, and don't get a chance for local often).[/QUOTE]
I'm over 70+ hours just playing solo. When this game clicks for you, it CLICKS for you. I'm on my 4th play-through and I'm still loving it. Just don't try to play it on normal the first time through.:cool:

bread's done
Back