Peggle: Dual Shot DS - $7.78 through Target [OOS] at Amazon or $4.98 at Target B&M

[quote name='shrike4242']So much for the DOTD @ $9.98 last week being such a great value. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Serenity now!

[quote name='shrike4242']So much for the DOTD @ $9.98 last week being such a great value. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I feel you. A Target one exit down from me has this game in stock, online says, so I think I'll scurry out in a bit and check that out. $5 is a steal. I think I paid that much for the iPod version of the first game, a couple years ago.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I feel you. A Target one exit down from me has this game in stock, online says, so I think I'll scurry out in a bit and check that out. $5 is a steal. I think I paid that much for the iPod version of the first game, a couple years ago.[/QUOTE]There's one store in my local area that seems to have it, though I wouldn't be able to run by there until Friday, so it's a bit of a moot point now, unless it's still there on Friday.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's one store in my local area that seems to have it, though I wouldn't be able to run by there until Friday, so it's a bit of a moot point now, unless it's still there on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Who knows? Something like this might actually not be advertised in store as this sale price. :bouncy:

[quote name='utopianmachine']Who knows? Something like this might actually not be advertised in store as this sale price. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

After waiting for someone to pick up my call for about 10 minutes, I just went to my store, stood around for about 20 minutes waiting for the employee to even find the game in their system, and then another 20 minutes for them to come back and tell me they have none in stock even though the computer says 5.

Oh well, at least got it through Amazon and had to pay for shipping, but at least saves me from dealing with Target again.

But you also got $5 of mp3s if you like that sort of thing, so its reasonable.

Out of stock through Amazon. Best bet is to try your local Target now. I'll be checking mine out shortly.

Also, gotta say, the pricing on this through AZ is crazy. Not even half an hour ago, it was showing $13.98. Now it's up to $16.98.

[quote name='manthing']YMMV on in-store pricing.

Some Targets have this game ringing up out of the system.[/QUOTE]

It actually showed up as $4.98 earlier on Target's site before I went to the store, and now it doesn't even give a price. But when I asked the employee, they told me it was $4.98, even though they couldn't find any of the 5 that was suppose to be there. Manager was even more useless. Fantastic.

I just got back from my local target and they didn't have any in stock even though the online store finder said they did. The guy told me that they had clearanced this item awhile ago, so it is going to be YMMV on this one.

Yeah, I bought one at my target yesterday, but they said that it wasn't supposed to be carried anymore and pulled the 4 others off the shelf

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']Wow i just got the last one at the Clifton, NJ target. It was marked at $2.54?!?!??? I'm not even going to begin to wonder where they came up with that price. I wasn't even going in for it and just found it and came to post about what I found.[/QUOTE]

Talk about a steal. :applause:

I've played and have to say that it sucks. It doesn't have any of the style of the pc or iPod touch versions. On the other hand, and unlike the iPod touch version, it does have the music, bit the graphics just don't do this game justice. My only interest would be if it's a good flip anywhere.

Just got back from my local Target that said it was in stock online. Couldn't find it on the shelves, so asked associate who went and looked in the back. After ten minutes and another person's help, he found 4 copies. I bought 1. $5.34 after tax.

This seems REALLY YMMV, and should probably be in the clearance thread. I ended up at two stores today, both of which had it in stock according to the website...and neither of which actually did have the game in stock, even after I asked employees for help.

It's not the end of the world, but I don't own Peggle in any form and, right now, $5 is about all I can afford to spend on it. :whistle2:?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']This seems REALLY YMMV, and should probably be in the clearance thread. I ended up at two stores today, both of which had it in stock according to the website...and neither of which actually did have the game in stock, even after I asked employees for help.

It's not the end of the world, but I don't own Peggle in any form and, right now, $5 is about all I can afford to spend on it. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Well originally this post is for it being on sale at Amazon thru Target, so technically it does deserve its own thread, its just that its oos thru Amazon and hes giving people options to go check in store for it now. So it works.

Just missed out at a Target I went to. Guy said he knew it was $4.98 on clearance, they had three but confirmed they were out. Now the hunt is on...

Does anyone know what warrants Target to mark the availability online for the instore as Available or Limited Availability? I'm not sure if limited means one, or two, or under ten, etc. and was curious if anyone else knew.

The Target closest to me is the only one showing availability that I can actually get to. However, I've been looking for this game on and off for a while now and it keep scanning in the system as available, but I've never seen a copy, so I'm thinking they may either be stashed somewhere or were stolen. I never asked anyone because I figured that it wasn't worth it since it would was higher at that point. I'm going to ask next time I go, but was just curious how likely my chances are the game is available somewhere. I always have good luck finding employees with the hand scanners, so that is a plus.

I was just at Target today and now wish I would have checked this when I was there, so here I go again :roll: I probably won't make a special trip since I've not been able to find it in the past, but I can't remember what it was ringing up. I believe it was scanning for $4.98 with my UPC list, but can't remember for sure (wasn't expecting to go and my lists were at home today :cry: ) but I'm not too hopeful it will be there, but maybe I will get lucky :bouncy:

Thanks for the post OP!!!

I found 3 at a Target in Des Moines. They rang up out of system. I told them they were $1.25/ea. The clerk typed that in and I paid. Great deal. One for me, one for my brother, and one for my mother.

[quote name='sdcranford']I found 3 at a Target in Des Moines. They rang up out of system. I told them they were $1.25/ea. The clerk typed that in and I paid. Great deal. One for me, one for my brother, and one for my mother.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I got two new games today (one DS and one PSP) for around $5 and I was thrilled, so I can only imagine how you feel getting three games for under $4. Especially when Amazon gives $8.25 for trade, I seen it at Toy's R Us for $30 still, so that is a great find! I mean, I love getting any discount I can on games and I'm happy to find a game for $10, $15 or $20 and sometimes I'm happy when it is a little more, but the feeling of being able to get more than one game for $5 is so awesome. It makes me feel like I was a successful CAG :lol:

Congrats on the deal, that was pretty cool!

Anytime you find something that scans "item not found" you can usually decide your own price. At another Target I found the 2 disk BluRay Dark Knight with the Limited Edition Bat Pod and told them it was $8.50. The box is rough but all I wanted is the movie.

[quote name='sdcranford']Anytime you find something that scans "item not found" you can usually decide your own price. At another Target I found the 2 disk BluRay Dark Knight with the Limited Edition Bat Pod and told them it was $8.50. The box is rough but all I wanted is the movie.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a silly way to handle things (afterall, they should know us CAGs are lurking :lol: ) I have never found a game that my Target had that came us not in the system, I think they pretty much let things sit till they are sold, but I'm curious to see what happens if I would ever get one. I'm sure, at some point I will find one, so it will be interesting to see.

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Seems like a silly way to handle things (afterall, they should know us CAGs are lurking :lol: ) I have never found a game that my Target had that came us not in the system, I think they pretty much let things sit till they are sold, but I'm curious to see what happens if I would ever get one. I'm sure, at some point I will find one, so it will be interesting to see.

Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

My local one never has something come up as "item not found" unless it’s an old DCPI I look up. In Springfield, MO we only have 1 Target. In Iowa and Minnesota it seems like every city has them at every other exit off the interstate. I was in heaven; unfortunately I didn’t have time to stop at every one of them.

[quote name='sdcranford']My local one never has something come up as "item not found" unless it’s an old DCPI I look up. In Springfield, MO we only have 1 Target. In Iowa and Minnesota it seems like every city has them at every other exit off the interstate. I was in heaven; unfortunately I didn’t have time to stop at every one of them. [/QUOTE]

Same here, the only time I find a game come up out of system is if I use my barcodes I printed. There is only one Target that is close enough to me that I can get to it often, but there are two or three others that are under an hour from me, or a little further. Unless I'm in the area I don't take the time to drive over, because I usually don't have that much time to just drive around finding Target's and they usually don't have anything to make the drive worth it anyway.

I hate it when I see a store I want to go to and check for deals and don't have the time or can't get to it for one reason or another. It almost makes me a little teary eyed :cry: because I always know that the one store I decide to pass up is going to have every single deal imaginable and probably also has deals that would never be expected and/or new price drops, etc. It would be nice to have enough time to check every store out and time and ability to drive around to find deals. Of course, if that was the case, then most like you wouldn't need to find games cheap (though it is so much fun to do why wouldn't you ;) ) or you wouldn't have the money to buy the games anyway, so I guess I will keep it as is :roll:

[quote name='crunchewy']I've played and have to say that it sucks. It doesn't have any of the style of the pc or iPod touch versions. On the other hand, and unlike the iPod touch version, it does have the music, but the graphics just don't do this game justice. My only interest would be if it's a good flip anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does suck. I bought it from Amazon last week. It's pretty terrible and hard to control accurately. Half the time I'll blindly launch a ball when I was trying to aim the shot instead. The graphis are just bad -- during the Extreme Fever segments, the slow motion close ups reveal the ball and pegs to be pixilated and square shaped. Yuck.
It wasn't worth $9 and probably not worth $5 either. This from a guy who LOVES Peggle. This version is one to avoid. Put that money towards an ipod, PC or 360 version instead.

Picked it up last night at my local Target for $4.98. While the 360 and PC version are superior, it is totally worth five bucks to have the game in mobile form. Lunch breaks will be Peggle-filled this week.

[quote name='leftwing1018']They had it for $4.98 at my target... but they had none left :(

Was gonna grab as many as I could and trade-in to amazon for $3 profit ea.[/QUOTE]

why is my compassion for your plight

Target in San Antonio, Texas had about four copies but when I took it to a scanner, it came up as "item not found." So I brought it to an employee in the electronics department and he scanned it and again, "item not found." He asked if I got it from the end of the aisle (where the $19.95 games are) and I said yeah. He said, "well then it's $19.95. When you bring it to the register up front have them call me and I'll confirm that price." He was nice about it but I just walked off and set it back down.

I'm probably better off buying this game on XBLA anyway.

Went to one of the long beach targets, and they has a new boxart slipcover over the old boxart and its rang up 19.99. It was in a keeper case so I could see what the reg version would ring for. bastards LOL

[quote name='game addict']Online deal is back in stock. TIV is down to $5. http://www.amazon.com/Peggle-Dual-S..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251324722&sr=8-1
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Excellent catch there, thanks for the pointer.

I went to Target tonight to look for Peggle since it is still showing up online. Scanned it in the store and it comes up as being in the stockroom only, but it is still ringing up $19.99.

I believe there may be two UPCs/covers (I used 8 99274 00131 4 ) for this game, so I'm not sure if it is the other one that is on clearance, but I decided not to have them check. I figure if I wait till they possibly drop I have a better chance of getting one if it isn't out the whole time. I figure if I asked and they seen a lot in the back they may have put them out since the DS games are pretty low on stock.

Anyway, I will keep checking and hopefully they will drop the price and still have some. I would buy online but the shipping here is always so bad, half my stuff gets lost, delivered late, opened, etc. so I try to avoid mailing things when I can, plus, I don't really need the game, so $5 is more reasonable :D

[quote name='Kubby1974']Went to one of the long beach targets, and they has a new boxart slipcover over the old boxart and its rang up 19.99. It was in a keeper case so I could see what the reg version would ring for. bastards LOL[/QUOTE]

I tried 2 Targets yesterday and the same thing happened. $19.99. I'm glad the online deal came up again.

bread's done
Back