Photo
- - - - -

Peggle: Dual Shot DS - $7.78 through Target [OOS] at Amazon or $4.98 at Target B&M

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:24 AM

I found 3 at a Target in Des Moines. They rang up out of system. I told them they were $1.25/ea. The clerk typed that in and I paid. Great deal. One for me, one for my brother, and one for my mother.

That's awesome. I got two new games today (one DS and one PSP) for around $5 and I was thrilled, so I can only imagine how you feel getting three games for under $4. Especially when Amazon gives $8.25 for trade, I seen it at Toy's R Us for $30 still, so that is a great find! I mean, I love getting any discount I can on games and I'm happy to find a game for $10, $15 or $20 and sometimes I'm happy when it is a little more, but the feeling of being able to get more than one game for $5 is so awesome. It makes me feel like I was a successful CAG :lol:

Congrats on the deal, that was pretty cool!

#32 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:47 AM

Anytime you find something that scans "item not found" you can usually decide your own price. At another Target I found the 2 disk BluRay Dark Knight with the Limited Edition Bat Pod and told them it was $8.50. The box is rough but all I wanted is the movie.

#33 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:08 AM

Anytime you find something that scans "item not found" you can usually decide your own price. At another Target I found the 2 disk BluRay Dark Knight with the Limited Edition Bat Pod and told them it was $8.50. The box is rough but all I wanted is the movie.

Seems like a silly way to handle things (afterall, they should know us CAGs are lurking :lol: ) I have never found a game that my Target had that came us not in the system, I think they pretty much let things sit till they are sold, but I'm curious to see what happens if I would ever get one. I'm sure, at some point I will find one, so it will be interesting to see.

Thanks for the heads up!

#34 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:45 AM

Seems like a silly way to handle things (afterall, they should know us CAGs are lurking :lol: ) I have never found a game that my Target had that came us not in the system, I think they pretty much let things sit till they are sold, but I'm curious to see what happens if I would ever get one. I'm sure, at some point I will find one, so it will be interesting to see.

Thanks for the heads up!

My local one never has something come up as "item not found" unless it’s an old DCPI I look up. In Springfield, MO we only have 1 Target. In Iowa and Minnesota it seems like every city has them at every other exit off the interstate. I was in heaven; unfortunately I didn’t have time to stop at every one of them.

#35 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:24 AM

My local one never has something come up as "item not found" unless it’s an old DCPI I look up. In Springfield, MO we only have 1 Target. In Iowa and Minnesota it seems like every city has them at every other exit off the interstate. I was in heaven; unfortunately I didn’t have time to stop at every one of them.

Same here, the only time I find a game come up out of system is if I use my barcodes I printed. There is only one Target that is close enough to me that I can get to it often, but there are two or three others that are under an hour from me, or a little further. Unless I'm in the area I don't take the time to drive over, because I usually don't have that much time to just drive around finding Target's and they usually don't have anything to make the drive worth it anyway.

I hate it when I see a store I want to go to and check for deals and don't have the time or can't get to it for one reason or another. It almost makes me a little teary eyed :cry: because I always know that the one store I decide to pass up is going to have every single deal imaginable and probably also has deals that would never be expected and/or new price drops, etc. It would be nice to have enough time to check every store out and time and ability to drive around to find deals. Of course, if that was the case, then most like you wouldn't need to find games cheap (though it is so much fun to do why wouldn't you ;) ) or you wouldn't have the money to buy the games anyway, so I guess I will keep it as is :roll:

#36 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

I've played and have to say that it sucks. It doesn't have any of the style of the pc or iPod touch versions. On the other hand, and unlike the iPod touch version, it does have the music, but the graphics just don't do this game justice. My only interest would be if it's a good flip anywhere.

Yes, it does suck. I bought it from Amazon last week. It's pretty terrible and hard to control accurately. Half the time I'll blindly launch a ball when I was trying to aim the shot instead. The graphis are just bad -- during the Extreme Fever segments, the slow motion close ups reveal the ball and pegs to be pixilated and square shaped. Yuck.
It wasn't worth $9 and probably not worth $5 either. This from a guy who LOVES Peggle. This version is one to avoid. Put that money towards an ipod, PC or 360 version instead.

decker%2001.jpg

#37 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

Picked it up last night at my local Target for $4.98. While the 360 and PC version are superior, it is totally worth five bucks to have the game in mobile form. Lunch breaks will be Peggle-filled this week.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 CKaz

CKaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

They had it for $4.98 at my target... but they had none left :(

Was gonna grab as many as I could and trade-in to amazon for $3 profit ea.

why is my compassion for your plight <<<<<<<<<<< someone who was looking for one to buy and play or give as a gift

#39 leftwing1018

leftwing1018

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

why is my compassion for your plight <<<<<<<<<<< someone who was looking for one to buy and play or give as a gift

why does that matter? they had NONE in the store, and I was going to buy ONE to PLAY also, so it is not like you missed out because of me... It is called flipping, people do it all the time

#40 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

Target in San Antonio, Texas had about four copies but when I took it to a scanner, it came up as "item not found." So I brought it to an employee in the electronics department and he scanned it and again, "item not found." He asked if I got it from the end of the aisle (where the $19.95 games are) and I said yeah. He said, "well then it's $19.95. When you bring it to the register up front have them call me and I'll confirm that price." He was nice about it but I just walked off and set it back down.

I'm probably better off buying this game on XBLA anyway.
Posted Image

#41 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

thank god i saw this my dad is on his way too target hopefully he sees on i just called him on his cell asking if he could look for me

#42 game addict

game addict

must...have....games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Online deal is back in stock. TIV is down to $5. http://www.amazon.co...51324722&sr=8-1

#43 blakhawkjohn

blakhawkjohn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

Online deal is back in stock. TIV is down to $5. http://www.amazon.co...51324722&sr=8-1

Thx game addict. Snagged a copy.
We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time.

#44 Kubby1974

Kubby1974

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

Went to one of the long beach targets, and they has a new boxart slipcover over the old boxart and its rang up 19.99. It was in a keeper case so I could see what the reg version would ring for. bastards LOL

#45 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:21 AM

I went to Target tonight to look for Peggle since it is still showing up online. Scanned it in the store and it comes up as being in the stockroom only, but it is still ringing up $19.99.

I believe there may be two UPCs/covers (I used 8 99274 00131 4 ) for this game, so I'm not sure if it is the other one that is on clearance, but I decided not to have them check. I figure if I wait till they possibly drop I have a better chance of getting one if it isn't out the whole time. I figure if I asked and they seen a lot in the back they may have put them out since the DS games are pretty low on stock.

Anyway, I will keep checking and hopefully they will drop the price and still have some. I would buy online but the shipping here is always so bad, half my stuff gets lost, delivered late, opened, etc. so I try to avoid mailing things when I can, plus, I don't really need the game, so $5 is more reasonable :D

#46 blakhawkjohn

blakhawkjohn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:15 AM

Went to one of the long beach targets, and they has a new boxart slipcover over the old boxart and its rang up 19.99. It was in a keeper case so I could see what the reg version would ring for. bastards LOL

I tried 2 Targets yesterday and the same thing happened. $19.99. I'm glad the online deal came up again.
We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time.

#47 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:36 AM

online is DEAD AGAIN
WOOOO I STINK