Connecting my PS2 to my LCD

Drogz

CAG Veteran
So I just moved into a new place and I had to trash my old tv set. Only thing I needed it for is my ps2. I've read alot of posts about the best way to do this and I am getting alot of conflicting information. This is my monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059
and I want to know what the best connection would be for this setup. I have the ps2 slim btw. I currently have the three headed red white yellow connectors. Should I get a converter to vga for those? to hdmi? should I buy component cables?, I head the ps3 ones will work. Someone recommended X2vga but on the website it claims that many ps2 games won't function with it due to it not supporting 480i resolution which most ps2 games use. also I would love to keep this under 100dollars, and I'm not opposed to a tv tuner card, just doesn't sound like the right way to go from what I've read so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i personally use component cables on my 32in lcd, most games look okay, if they support progressive they look much better. however i did not see component hookups on the monitor you have there, only the d-sub, dvi, and hdmi.

I bought a 42" plasma last year but as PS2 games look like crap, I decided to keep my 27" Sony CRT for non HD gaming. I haven't tried using component cables on my plasma, though.

I use component on my 48" Samsung, and it looks okay.

My issue is that the input lag makes several of my favorite games unplayable. Forget about Fire ProWrestling, it's unplayable. I'm scared to try a fighter or shooter now...

bread's done
Back