Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad Movies & Music (8/30-9/5) w/Ad Scan!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 bases1616

bases1616

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

If anyone goes to Best Buy today please let us know if you see Braveheart or Gladiator out early.

#32 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

:br:Gladiator*>>>>>$22.99
:br:Braveheart*>>>>>$22.99
*Save $10 when you buy BOTH Gladiator and Braveheart together on Blu-ray

GREAT deal!

thats a must buy, two oscar winning movies just released on blu ray for $18 each, very nice.

Posted Image

#33 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

Sweet, I was completely oblivious to them releasing Gladiator! WIN

#34 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

I can only imagine that Amazon will not allow BB to sell so many braveheart and gladiator blu rays, without their own sale. I'm guessing this will be price matched by Tuesday. But maybe not. I think I may just stick with BB on this one, just so I can actually watch them right away.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#35 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

thats a must buy, two oscar winning movies just released on blu ray for $18 each, very nice.

Please read the post above these talking about the reviews of the video quality, or the blog post someone made on the same subject, before you blind purchase these and see they're worse quality than the DVD releases.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#36 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Is Breavheart on BD good? Is it missing things that other DVDs that came out of it had? I'm reading all the bad about Gladiator but nothing about Breavheart and that is one that I have been wanting on BD for a long time. Chances are Tuesday after the 12 hours of work I might drive to Best Buy to pick it up and not be able to watch till Thursday.
Posted Image

#37 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

Please read the post above these talking about the reviews of the video quality, or the blog post someone made on the same subject, before you blind purchase these and see they're worse quality than the DVD releases.

ive read from a few places that gladiator has disappointing picture quality (compared to other blu rays), but its a hell of a deal for the two, so i id rather spend 36 and get both than spend 23 and get one.

Posted Image

#38 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

For those who are reluctant of buying Gladiator, look at the DVDBeaver.com review. I thiknk the pic comparisons there are pretty impressive.

#39 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:05 AM

I really hope no one buys that garbage transfer of Gladiator. Hopefully if it sells poorly enough they will give it the treatment it deserves.

Looks like a bunch of people are already going to go buy it unfortunately.

#40 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

So the SW SteelBook case was actually handed to you at the time you pre-order!? Damn I think I missed out on this, seems to be OOS online already.

#41 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

It looks like if you try to duck out on the pre-order and just hold onto the steelbook by returning Snow White, you end up with $14.99 deducted from the return value of Snow White for either version. That's the "value" it has on the Best Buy website when you try to buy it online, and their return policy for "free" items with purchase indicates that you have to return both items to get the full value back on the return.

#42 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

No luck at Best Buy, they told me they sold out yesterday. No word if they are getting more either but they assume they'll have some for new release Tues. (tomorrow)

#43 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

Yup, Amazon just dropped Gladiator to 22.99, and Braveheart is at 22.59. Still gotta go with BB and the extra $10 off.
I thought Amazon would match the 17.99.
I guess the "kind of" matched it. With any DVD,Blu Ray purchase, Amazon is offering #5 off any "amazon on demand" Tv shows. NO THANKS.

#44 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

Here's how the pre-order works with Best Buy and the Snow White steelbook:

1) The steelbook by itself is $14.99, like the website price.
2) There's three UPC's on the back of the package, one for the steelbook itself, one for the DVD pre-order and one for the Blu-Ray pre-order.
3) The cashier needs to scan the UPC for the steelbook and one of the other two UPC's. When this is done, the steelbook drops to $0.00 ($14.99 - $14.99 discount) and puts $7.50 on the transaction as the pre-order. Pay for the $7.50 + tax.
4) Hold onto the receipt and when it's released (10/06/09), come in with the receipt and it'll be applied towards the purchase price of the title when it's in-stock. They'll hold the item for two weeks after release date and the pre-order pricing towards the purchase price for two weeks.

This is all spelled out on the back of the steelbook case, though make sure you remind the cashier to scan the UPC for the steelbook and one of the other two UPC's, or you'll get stuck with the steelbook for $14.99.

#45 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

apparently they did

http://forums.highde...18-post180.html

really not buying Gladiator because of this, thanks for sharing!

#46 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

Probably already been mentioned, but both gladiator and braveheart come with 10 dollar mail in rebates if you have them on DVD, so while gladiator might not be an amazing version, it ends up costing very little extra. 12.99(plus tax) after 10 dollar mir rebates for braveheart alone, or 15.98 for both of them together at bestbuy.

#47 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

really not buying Gladiator because of this, thanks for sharing!

Your loss... from the DVDbeaver review:

"Paramount are really making huge strides forward with this 'Sapphire Series'. Braveheart and Gladiator are like nothing I've been exposed to so far. It incorporates some of the best audio/video with endless and viable extras - some in HD and some being Blu-ray-interactive specific."

"Well, despite your opinions on the film or it's Oscar worthiness - this Paramount Blu-ray is in a class by itself with the supplements. It's raised the bar for this new format."

#48 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

"Paramount are really making huge strides forward with this 'Sapphire Series'. Braveheart and Gladiator are like nothing I've been exposed to so far. It incorporates some of the best audio/video with endless and viable extras - some in HD and some being Blu-ray-interactive specific."

"Well, despite your opinions on the film or it's Oscar worthiness - this Paramount Blu-ray is in a class by itself with the supplements. It's raised the bar for this new format."

And some comparisons that would say otherwise:

http://forums.highde...ix-reviews.html

http://www.avsforum....d.php?t=1173155 (pages 58+ (on default posts per page settings) is where they start talking about reviews from people buying the title and giving their opinion)

#49 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

I've read on other forums that the guy at DVDBeaver had to be taught about DNR and EE, and still doesn't do a very good job at spotting them. That review only helps prove that point.

Not sure that I want to pickup the Snow White steelbook or not. Decisions decisions...