Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread - Updated Throughout The Week!

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hello and welcome to the official Hollywood Video Deals Thread, brought to you by Thekrakrabbit and Cheap Ass Gamers around the world!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to be used to learn about and post about all deals that can be found at Hollywood Video stores around the nation. Feel free to post any deals you may have found, some details and your location and when I see it I will edit this post ASAP to let evetyone know about the money-saver. Please make sure that any deals you post about have your location included to help out fellow CAGs.

I wish you all the best of luck in your quest to be a CAG, and lets all save some cash!

Happy Hunting! :bomb:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Deal(s):

*PLEASE NOTE*
These deals will not work in Hollywood Video stores that have a "Gamecrazy" or "Movie Gallery" in them most of the time. 99% of the time, only standalone Hollywood Video stores or those with a "Gamezone" will run the deals. YMMV. Most of the time, Hollywood Video stores either alone, or with a "Gamezone". NOT Gamecrazy or Movie Gallery.

DVD Deals:

All Movies $12.99 or Less Are Discounted To $4.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
All Movies $9.99 or Less Are Discounted To $3.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
Buy Any Two (2) Movies, Get Two (2) Free (Priced $14.99 or less) (Needs coupon code up front)
Pre-Order Bonuses:

:360::360::360::360::360:

None!

Multiplatform:

None!

Xbox Live 12+1 Month Gold Cards - $39.99:

{Serious YMMV though, as not every Hollywood Video carries these Xbox Live cards, and not every store will have the same amount of stock. Not every store will have many, if they have any.}

New Copies of Madden NFL 10 - $39.99:

{Again, serious, serious, serious YMMV deal as this is not an official Hollywood Video deal and the odds of you scoring such a great steal are slim to none. Nevertheless, a solid deal if you can find it.}

Last edited by a moderator:
No way I'll keep up with this? How is that suppose to make sense? I'm just trying to score some deals for us all at a different place.

J7, thanks!

Shouldn't the 4 for $20 on gamess 9.99 or less at least be mentioned here? (I am pretty sure that is still the promo, though honestly I am not sure) This is why it would seem as though failure is destined.

[quote name='ackbar7']Shouldn't the 4 for $20 on gamess 9.99 or less at least be mentioned here? (I am pretty sure that is still the promo, though honestly I am not sure) This is why it would seem as though failure is destined.[/QUOTE]

Added. We did need a deal to start!

Probably the fact that you have been here for a week is why everyone is doubting you.

That and there isn't really a need like the BBV thread once served. Do you know why there was a BBV thread and it's not because of deals they offer.

EDIT: lol ok you edited out the BBV thread mention in the 1st post but still... Every new deal deserves a new thread to help more people even lurkers see it. It's not like kmart/sears clearances and blockbuster.

Trade-in values.

And it does not matter about how long I've been signed up for (been ghosting for a long time though). Why do I need to be here for X amount of time to help us all save money?

The promotions are explained pretty half-assedly in the OP so we're already off to a good start.

According to the OP, if you buy 4 $9.99 games, you get any other 4 games for $20 total, and that the prices that ring up in the system are determined by the prices on the stickers.

[quote name='Bezerker']The promotions are explained pretty half-assedly in the OP so we're already off to a good start.

According to the OP, if you buy 4 $9.99 games, you get any other 4 games for $20 total, and that the prices that ring up in the system are determined by the prices on the stickers.[/QUOTE]

He meant "Buy 4 games priced $9.99 and under for $20"

Brings them down to $5 each. Not too bad, but then again selection aint great compared to the $29.99 and under sale. Good luck with this project Thekrakrabbit as I'll follow and check on this thread. Don't let the threadcrappers worry you. Either you'll keep your end and update the post. If not it'll just get buried amidst all the other hundred topics.

I called and checked the other day and:
PS3 Singstar Volume 2 Bundle with Mics still gets 19.50 TIV

May trade in that copy collecting dust.

Last I saw new Star Wars Force Unleashed is 14.99 and some roleplaying game is 9.99. Maybe someone else can chime in with the RPG name as it eludes me at the moment. Both 360.

Very nice. Hope this thread stays alive. Will definitely subscribe until deemed dead. All the haters that have posted here already are just jealous they didn't come up with this earlier.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Last I saw new Star Wars Force Unleashed is 14.99 and some roleplaying game is 9.99. Maybe someone else can chime in with the RPG name as it eludes me at the moment. Both 360.[/QUOTE]

Infinite Undiscovery?

hollywood video deals, bahahahahahhahahahhaha, ahahahahhahaha, wauahahhahahahha, hahahahhahaha, you've got to be kidding me, right?

[quote name='Kingfalcon']No one is guaranteeing that you won't stick to it. It just seems unlikely since you just registered. Chill out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because We have all witnessed how well the long time registered thread creators keep threads going lately...

Everyone has the right to post a deal and if someone wants to make a continuous one more power to them, some people need to stop with all the asshole attitudes lately....

[quote name='ballbarfer']hollywood video deals, bahahahahahhahahahhaha, ahahahahhahaha, wauahahhahahahha, hahahahhahaha, you've got to be kidding me, right?[/QUOTE]
Well they don't have tons of deals but the ones they do have can be pretty good. Also they occasionally have new games at good prices.

Thanks for the support guys. And anyone who cannot understand what I have written in the OP, doesn't deserve to take advantage of any deals.

As I get more TIVs, I may update with that as well.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']He meant "Buy 4 games priced $9.99 and under for $20"

Brings them down to $5 each. Not too bad, but then again selection aint great compared to the $29.99 and under sale. Good luck with this project Thekrakrabbit as I'll follow and check on this thread. Don't let the threadcrappers worry you. Either you'll keep your end and update the post. If not it'll just get buried amidst all the other hundred topics.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the deal in the OP either and I work in retail. The way it was written in the OP you have to buy 4 games $9.99 and under and then you can get 4 more games for $20 = total 4 x $9.99 + $20 for 4 = $59.96 for 8 games.

This post is much clearer if this is the deal.

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Will have to go by there after work. I think I got all the good games when the last deal came up. Thanks OP.

No problem!

Most of the games for $9.99 or lower aren't too great, but I'm not too sure of the exact list of games that qualify. If you find any, post them here and I will update the OP with games that qualify.

thanks krakrabbit. hollywood video definitely deserves its own section. since CC closed down, it's been between Best buy and target clearances for so so finds, but hollywood has shown some CAG love recently, and they tend to have unadvertised deals that happens out of the fucking blue. keep it up.

Look, I'm a busy guy with a kid and wife and still try to find time for games to relax with. I dont really have the time to find out what every retailer is doing, so i rely on people putting deals out here for all of us to see. For that, I say thanks to all who want to try and post/keep up with deals for a particular retailer.
You people who are naysaying, just go stick it, because its EASY to sit there and be the voice of doom (or moronic opinion..one or the other), and say, "so and so is not going to keep up...the deals suck, yadda, yadda"
Thanks OP for your efforts, and even if you dont keep up with it (life can get pretty busy after all), I for one appreciate the attempt. And that goes for anyone else who puts forth the effort in posting stuff for ALL of us to save money. Hey, its more than i am doing because I just dont have the time for it...so give these guys a break, and just enjoy the posts, or if something doesnt appeal to you, just pass it by like i do, and forego the stupid ass attitude on postings. Crappy attitude posting clog JUST AS MUCH as meaningless topics..think about it.

[quote name='TeeInMinny']Look, I'm a busy guy with a kid and wife and still try to find time for games to relax with. I dont really have the time to find out what every retailer is doing, so i rely on people putting deals out here for all of us to see. For that, I say thanks to all who want to try and post/keep up with deals for a particular retailer.
You people who are naysaying, just go stick it, because its EASY to sit there and be the voice of doom (or moronic opinion..one or the other), and say, "so and so is not going to keep up...the deals suck, yadda, yadda"
Thanks OP for your efforts, and even if you dont keep up with it (life can get pretty busy after all), I for one appreciate the attempt. And that goes for anyone else who puts forth the effort in posting stuff for ALL of us to save money. Hey, its more than i am doing because I just dont have the time for it...so give these guys a break, and just enjoy the posts, or if something doesnt appeal to you, just pass it by like i do, and forego the stupid ass attitude on postings. Crappy attitude posting clog JUST AS MUCH as meaningless topics..think about it.[/QUOTE]

AMEN thanks OP

[quote name='TeeInMinny']Look, I'm a busy guy with a kid and wife and still try to find time for games to relax with. I dont really have the time to find out what every retailer is doing, so i rely on people putting deals out here for all of us to see. For that, I say thanks to all who want to try and post/keep up with deals for a particular retailer.
Thanks OP for your efforts, and even if you dont keep up with it (life can get pretty busy after all), I for one appreciate the attempt. And that goes for anyone else who puts forth the effort in posting stuff for ALL of us to save money. Hey, its more than i am doing because I just dont have the time for it...so give these guys a break, and just enjoy the posts, or if something doesnt appeal to you, just pass it by like i do, and forego the stupid ass attitude on postings. Crappy attitude posting clog JUST AS MUCH as meaningless topics..think about it.[/QUOTE]

OH SNAP....!!! Heh told you guys! :hot:

Heh...seriously though, good deal with this, TheKrakrabbit. Another thread keeping tack of more deals works for me. :applause:

Some of you guys don't get it. He started an "OFFICIAL" thread with no deals and no useful information in the first post. Not only that, his first post was asking for deals. We even have the following line listed in bold here in the deals forum...

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

Thats why well-seasoned CAG's mildly ripped him for it. I don't blame them at all. Anyway, good luck krakrabbit and i hope this thread produces something interesting soon.

...I think its good that he started a HV thread... I thought about it but didn't want too much stress of it. I have a listing of all the pre-order specials that I could give to add to the first post... It might be nice to have a list of recent new game price drops too.

...as for the current deal, eh... I don't think anyone will find much since every store has been picked over from the last deal. ;)

oh! Not entirely a video game deal....but fyi, sticker wall posters of dark knight, incredible hulk, and iron man movies dropped to clearance of 50 cents at my HV (probably others too)...if anyone was interested. :)

I was able to find an unpurchased copy of Zack and Wiki on Wii for $9.99, which would bring it down to $4.99 after the deal. It could be a good Christmas present for a family member.

BTW, heya super_dawn. Thanks for all your help during the massive $29.99 and under sale. What all you been up to? Hope things are going well for you. Nice on the posters, I might pick up a Dark Knight poster for my room, atm, I only have a Rurouni Kenshin wall scroll up.

[quote name='fei33']I was able to find an unpurchased copy of Zack and Wiki on Wii for $9.99, which would bring it down to $4.99 after the deal. It could be a good Christmas present for a family member.

BTW, heya super_dawn. Thanks for all your help during the massive $29.99 and under sale. What all you been up to? Hope things are going well for you. Nice on the posters, I might pick up a Dark Knight poster for my room, atm, I only have a Rurouni Kenshin wall scroll up.[/QUOTE]

No problem! :) I have not bought a single game since that sale..haha! Funds are tight after that. I picked up the last Dark Knight poster at my store...those went really fast. We had plenty of Speed Racer ones left...hah.

[quote name='Toss']Yup, super_dawn your info during the HWV 4.99 sale was PRICELESS. thanx![/QUOTE]

:mrgreen: thanks! glad to help...

[quote name='jdawgg76']Hey super_dawn, do regular HWVs carry xbox live points cards? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

yes they do. Any HV with a gamezone section will have the pts cards...however, be aware that some of the gamezone stores have recently made a switch to a discounted gamezone section ( mine did! )...where all they sell is games $19.99 and under. No controllers, pts cards, etc....sad for me.

Took my 3 year old on a road trip for some clearance, couponing, and deal finding and along the way stopped in 2 Hollywood videos.
Here are some games i saw that were $9.99 or under.
PS3: WWE 2008, Darkness
360: Saints Row, Blue Dragon, GH 3
Wii: Avatar Burning Earth

Current Used Movie sale is much better.
$9.99 and under are $3.99
$12.99 and under are $4.99
$14.99 and under are $7.99

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Hey guys, the OP has been updated with some new deals; again, thanks for the support![/QUOTE]

...Speed Racer sticker posters are also .50 cents, we have lots at our store right up at the counter. I think jonas bros/hannah montana sticker posters are clearanced as well but can't be sure...cause I don't really pay attention to that crap. ;)

I typed up the pre-order deals real quick for games....not all of them though because some are just plain dumb...just the pre-orders that you receive something "good"...other game pre-orders only get you an unlockable character or something like that.

-----------------------------
Pre-order deals

(cut off date 9/8)
Wii - TMNT Smash Up - free TMNT thermos

(cut off date 9/15)
DS - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 - Free Poster & 4 postcard set featuring Tetsuya Nomura

(cut off date 9/26)
PS3 - Demon Souls - Free Art book/CD Soundtrack

(cut off date 10/17)
PS3/X360 - Tekken 6 - Free Tekken Skin/Faceplate

(cut off date 10/31)
Multi Platform - WWE Smackdown vs Raw '10 - Free exclusive WWE DVD: Summerslam '08

(cut off date 11/3)
X360 - Left 4 Dead 2 - $5 off purchase price

(cut off date TBA)
Multi Platform - Rogue Warrior - Free T-shirt

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The OP has been updated, thanks for the list BTW Super_Dawn.[/QUOTE]

No prob. I noticed the DVD sales that you have posted are different at my store...and I'm sure they are different at other stores as well cause those are usually not universal. I work tomorrow morning so I'll dbl check, but on Monday we had the 5 for $20 on 9.99 and under...4 for 20 on 12.99 and under...and buy 2, get 2 on 14.99. I remember cause it was a weird mix and I had to dbl check what to put up on Monday for signs.

bread's done
Back