Cheapy & Wombat on Stern Show

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 X BEOX

X BEOX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

I can't believe it but Cheapy has somehow made his dream come true. He is sitting in with Howard right now and just plugged the website!

UPDATE:

Edited by CheapyD, 04 September 2009 - 08:58 PM.
added all audio

#2 NDarkness

NDarkness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

I recorded it so you can download it here if you missed it-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T29TZTL4

#3 ZCG

ZCG

ZeldaCubeGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

How awesome is this?! Thanks for the DL link NDarkness & the heads up X Beox =)

#4 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Ditto on the thanks, Darkness.

$5,000 a minute for plugging CAG on Howard Stern. Not bad, not bad.

I'm sure Mrs. Cheapy will loving hearing the line "unfortunately I got married..." :roll:

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#5 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Wow that's pretty cool, you can hear the excitement in Cheapy's voice :P

They were only on for that long? that kinda sucks :/

1xz7eo.gif

#6 spineynorman

spineynorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

$5,000 a minute actually isn't bad for that kind of exposure!

Good on ya Cheapy.

#7 NDarkness

NDarkness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

They were sticking around after their little interview and listening in the studio. Wombat was talking over Robin's News reports which then they basically told Wombat to stfu lol.

#8 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

Please guys, PLEASE, if you plan on spending an hour on the next podcast talking about the Howard Strern experience, Please record a separate show for gaming.
If not, at least find a way to add "skip to next segment within the same podcast", like the Engadget podcast always does it.
I have no problem with Stern, but honestly, I listen to the podcast for gaming news.
That being said, I am very happy for you and the great exposure this gives to CAG.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#9 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

They were sticking around after their little interview and listening in the studio. Wombat was talking over Robin's News reports which then they basically told Wombat to stfu lol.

that was the best part!

#10 NDarkness

NDarkness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

lol Wombat you craaaaazy

#11 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

rofl. Artie called Wombat a f** after the Archie question.

Poor Wombat, can't go anywhere without having his sexuality questioned.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#12 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

Very cool. Thanks NDarkness. Was Cheapy nervoud to meet his broadcast hero?

#13 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

I just finished listening to the entire show. Too bad you guys got to talk so little. Were you even in the Wrap Up show's studio?

Just being there would be great for any Stern fan. I know I would have loved it. You guys got to let us know which guys you talked to behind the scenes.

#14 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'm not surprised.

#15 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Was that clip posted all Cheapy got to say or did he get to talk more later?

I like how Cheapy is all giddy like a little schoolgirl and Wombat is all calm making random jokes like he is a guest at some random podcast.

Please guys, PLEASE, if you plan on spending an hour on the next podcast talking about the Howard Strern experience, Please record a separate show for gaming.
If not, at least find a way to add "skip to next segment within the same podcast", like the Engadget podcast always does it.
I have no problem with Stern, but honestly, I listen to the podcast for gaming news.
That being said, I am very happy for you and the great exposure this gives to CAG.

You are listening to the wrong podcast, why would you even listen to the CAGcast for gaming news? They rarely get the facts right when talking about gaming.

#16 NDarkness

NDarkness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

Here it is on YouTube if you guys are interested-

#17 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

Soo, I downloaded the full episode without ever listening to one before. The only Howard Stern stuff i'm come in contact with before is the show that used to be on E back in the day.

I can't believe how annoying the first 30 minutes of the show was. Listening to him trying to sound like Ted Kennedy for a full 30 minutes was painful. I'll listen to the rest, but if there's another long span of a Kennedy impression, I don't think i'm going to make it to the end.

#18 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

Soo, I downloaded the full episode without ever listening to one before. The only Howard Stern stuff i'm come in contact with before is the show that used to be on E back in the day.

I can't believe how annoying the first 30 minutes of the show was. Listening to him trying to sound like Ted Kennedy for a full 30 minutes was painful. I'll listen to the rest, but if there's another long span of a Kennedy impression, I don't think i'm going to make it to the end.

For those of us without access to satelitte radio - Do you mind posting an .mp3 of the entire show? I think Cheapy and Wombat chimed in throughout the show as well.

#19 ReturnOfTheRAT

ReturnOfTheRAT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

You're listening device doesn't have the ability to fast forward? move out of the dark ages upgrade your stuff.

#20 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Than you wouldn't like Stern's show about 1 day a month. Whenever a Kennedy is mentioned, Howard usually goes into the Ted Kennedy voice. There was a lot more of it todaythan usual, but it is a regular thing he does. I guess I don't have strong feelings about it either way.

#21 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

For those of us without access to satelitte radio - Do you mind posting an .mp3 of the entire show? I think Cheapy and Wombat chimed in throughout the show as well.

I don't have access to satellite radio either...I got it through other means :-#

#22 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

You're listening device doesn't have the ability to fast forward? move out of the dark ages upgrade your stuff.

:)

I was thinking the same thing.

I want to hear all about their trip to the studio. Actually, maybe a seperate episode would be better. I don't want them to rush through it.

#23 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

I don't have access to satellite radio either...I got it through other means :-#

I thought that went without saying. Post/PM me a link maybe?

#24 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Here it is on YouTube if you guys are interested-

That's great, thank you

#25 HowStern

HowStern

Knock Knock..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

Did you guys get any pics?!

Every afternoon I will check the show's site after listening that morning to see the pics of the show but today all they got is richard and sal half naked (aka normally dressed for them) and Geraldo(heh).

Cheapy and wombat, sadly, omitted :(
"Squeezing a guys jolly roger with your hey nani-nani means dollars" -Howard Stern to Jessica Hahn

#26 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

Wow.
Well seeing as though Cheapy makes more money than his wife (according to what he said on the stern show), I think it's very safe to say, that was a great $5,000 spent. You can't get that kind of advertisement that cheap. You're going to have an absolute ton of advertisers knocking on your doors now.
Not to mention we're going to see a ton of Newbie members on the site.

#27 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

Not to mention we're going to see a ton of Newbie members on the site.

Really? you think there is that many people who are interested in gaming that have not heard of CAG and then of those people listen to howard stern.

I am guessing its pretty small but badass to see heard cheapyd & wombat on the air.

badass!
Posted Image

#28 buxton

buxton

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

rofl. Artie called Wombat a f** after the Archie question.

Poor Wombat, can't go anywhere without having his sexuality questioned.

Does anyone have a clip of these?

#29 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:17 PM

very nice, congrats to CheapyD and Wombat again! good youtube clip, NDarkness. very funny slideshow humor.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#30 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

Really? you think there is that many people who are interested in gaming that have not heard of CAG and then of those people listen to howard stern.
badass!

Yes I do.