Free Snow White Steelbook w/pre-order at Best Buy

fuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know how much everybody likes steelbooks here. I did not see this mentioned yet :)

Best Buy is giving out a steelbook free with the pre-order of Snow White either on BD or DVD. They have the offer online, but I picked it up in-store today.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat190600050017

You get the steelbook right then and there if you do this in-store and you have to put a $7.50 deposit down on the movie. Just be sure they scan the correct UPC for your choice of format. The case itself is the same height as a blu-ray case but lacks any logo on it.

Very nice in person. Dunno if a group buy is wanted/needed since this is US. But if so then somebody else will have to round that up.

edit - Best Buy is now doing the same deal for the movie "Up". The case is THICK, not sure how many discs it holds, maybe 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that for some reason, the DVD and BD cost the same. Also, is there a widescreen version of the film or has it always been fullscreen?

if you pre-order in store do you get steel book that day? or do you have to wait until it comes out. It says the steel book is seperate..?

[quote name='MotzCTG']if you pre-order in store do you get steel book that day? or do you have to wait until it comes out. It says the steel book is seperate..?[/QUOTE]

lol I forgot to add that to the OP, I will edit it in -

You get the steelbook right then and there and you have to put a $7.50 deposit down on the movie.

I have the steelbook here with me now at home :) They just hit the stores today.

[quote name='dustdust']I see that for some reason, the DVD and BD cost the same. Also, is there a widescreen version of the film or has it always been fullscreen?[/QUOTE]

I think in 1937 there was no widescreen yet. Widescreen was introduced to compete with TV I believe.

[quote name='ajh2298']Is the steelbook the same size for both the DVD and the Blu-ray or are there two seperate ones?[/QUOTE]

same height as a blu-ray case, but lacks any blu-ray logo.

[quote name='fuss']lol I forgot to add that to the OP, I will edit it in -

You get the steelbook right then and there and you have to put a $7.50 deposit down on the movie.

I have the steelbook here with me now at home :) They just hit the stores today.[/QUOTE]Same here, just picked mine up this evening.

anyone have pics? Also to those that have it already, are they in good condition? They are steelbooks after all and might come with dents or scratches.

I've never seen a steelbook in person. Is it a metal slip cover that goes around the plastic BD/DVD case? Or, is it an actual metal case into which the movie disc can be placed? Thanks in advance.

from AVS
xath05.jpg

iqy61j.jpg

I am definitely picking this up tomorrow.

The blue color on the actual metal part of the case is really cool looking.

Inside the case is the transparent kind with movie art from the film, like some of the other steelbooks have had before.
2cnxlzl.jpg

This is the coolest SB I have seen thus far; I am really glad I got it (for my kid ;)). Also, for anyone who might not know there is a $10 off coupon in the :br: coupon thread.

[quote name='TheRock88']So where do you find this case? Is it on the shelf with the other BR movies or do you go up to the cashiers to get them?[/QUOTE]
I had to ask a clerk for assistance for the one I bought. All the ones set out Sun. morning were bought when I got there, they had the rest in the back.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I had to ask a clerk for assistance for the one I bought. All the ones set out Sun. morning were bought when I got there, they had the rest in the back.[/QUOTE]

SOLD OUT ALREADY!!! I didn't even know they were already available. Do you know how many more they had in the back at your location.

Otherwise this means I must go tomorrow morning to secure a copy.

[quote name='mrhappi79']SOLD OUT ALREADY!!! I didn't even know they were already available. Do you know how many more they had in the back at your location.

Otherwise this means I must go tomorrow morning to secure a copy.[/QUOTE]
The clerk didn't say.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Also, for anyone who might not know there is a $10 off coupon in the :br: coupon thread. [/QUOTE]

quoted and enlarged for the GREAT coupon! Thanks for pointing this out.

Awesome that $10 off coupon sold it to me.

I have a question though, if I pre-order from Best Buy do I have to go to the same store to pick it up? The Blu Ray comes out when school starts and I won't be able to pick it up at the same Best Buy.

Has anyone ever had problems using the $10 off coupons at BB? I've used them at TRU several times with absolutely no issues. But haven't tried it at BB.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Has anyone ever had problems using the $10 off coupons at BB? I've used them at TRU several times with absolutely no issues. But haven't tried it at BB.[/QUOTE]
It really depends on the BB, I have 3 near me. 1 will take the coupons, 1 will take the coupons and let me pm, 1 won't let me PM with a receipt sometimes, yet other times it will let me PM without anything at all.

Generally I think they're OK with it.

so i have a question. since bb pricematches, would they take into consideration the price of the steelbook? so say toys r us sells it for 5 dollars cheaper, would they say their copy only cost 12 (26.99-14.99)?

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Has anyone ever had problems using the $10 off coupons at BB? I've used them at TRU several times with absolutely no issues. But haven't tried it at BB.[/QUOTE]They are a participating retailer for the coupon, though I've had issues with them trying to scan the UPC on the coupon. Normally they'll try to scan the UPC and when they can't, they put in a code for "Manufacturer Coupon" and the $10 value for the coupon. It prints out as such on the receipt, and they stick the coupon in their drawer when they're finished with the transaction.

Target, it scans the UPC without any issue and knocks off the $10 automatically.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so i have a question. since bb pricematches, would they take into consideration the price of the steelbook? so say toys r us sells it for 5 dollars cheaper, would they say their copy only cost 12 (26.99-14.99)?[/QUOTE]I'm not sure to be honest. It's a "free" steelbook case for the movie, so in theory, it's the same with or without the steelbook. You'd have to find out when you try to do a PM.

[quote name='shadowrage']It really depends on the BB, I have 3 near me. 1 will take the coupons, 1 will take the coupons and let me pm, 1 won't let me PM with a receipt sometimes, yet other times it will let me PM without anything at all.

Generally I think they're OK with it.[/QUOTE]Any PM use, either via the normal PM process or a manual price change, that stops coupon use in the register. To do a PM + coupon, they would have to make a manual price change for the PM + coupon price, and that'll need a key-turn/manager/senior CS rep to "sign" off on it. That's YMMV, as you're seeing with not everyone letting you do it.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so i have a question. since bb pricematches, would they take into consideration the price of the steelbook? so say toys r us sells it for 5 dollars cheaper, would they say their copy only cost 12 (26.99-14.99)?[/QUOTE]

The total of the movie is the total of the movie, the 7.50 does not count as a discount - its just you paying some of the price now. If TRU or somebody they usually price match has it for less you can still price match - even with the pre-order and even with the coupon.

[quote name='shrike4242']They are a participating retailer for the coupon, though I've had issues with them trying to scan the UPC on the coupon. Normally they'll try to scan the UPC and when they can't, they put in a code for "Manufacturer Coupon" and the $10 value for the coupon. It prints out as such on the receipt, and they stick the coupon in their drawer when they're finished with the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Yup, after they hit total they have to hit F7 to enter the amount of the coupon if it does not scan.

I got lucky and found 2 at the 2nd Best Buy I visited. I had given up hope and on may way towards the outside I spotted an endcap with about 5 right in front of the registers. I picked up 2 for myself.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll pre-order 2 copies today. Possible Steelbook is RARE item in the future :)[/QUOTE]
Yes is it possible because its Disney. There are lot of fans out there since childhood, even though they're adult now like me. So

The suspense is killing me!!! I have to wait about 30 more minutes so BB opens to see if they have any left. The last thing I wanna do is drive to different locations just to get one.

It'll be like the Departed steelbook fiasco all over again.

Picked up 2, hopefully I can use my 2 coupons when I go to pick up both copies of the actual movie. Otherwise I'll just be buying 1 copy and hope I can get both preorder payments apllied to it. The coupon does state like previous ones that it's "One Coupon Per Item Purchased".

Just got back from getting 2 myself.

It should be pointed out that the case is the same size regardless of whether you purchase the DVD or Blu-ray.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Prime, you could've picked the last 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm regretting it now. I'll make a stop after work, maybe they'll still be there.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, I'm regretting it now. I'll make a stop after work, maybe they'll still be there.[/QUOTE]

The Westwood location here by UCLA had about 8 or so left if anyone in the area is looking to buy one.

[quote name='scarface983']when the clerk scanned the bluray it came out to $14.95 i think , i dont know y . but the dvd came out to $7.50[/QUOTE]The steelbook on its own is $14.99, though when they scan the DVD or BR UPC from the back of it, it puts the steelbook down as free ($14.99-$14.99) and charges $7.50 for the pre-order. It's all detailed out on the instructions on the back of the packaging for the steelbook.

[quote name='dyeknom']About a dozen at my store, but they wouldnt let me fully prepay and use the 10$ off BD coupon.[/QUOTE]That's not how they work. You can't buy an item that's not in-stock at the moment. Plus, the coupon isn't live until 10/06/09, so it wouldn't work even if they did let you pre-pay for the whole thing.

Had a bizarre experience, clerk didn't know how to do it correctly and only scanned the Bluray pre-sale code, not the steelbook case UPC itself (receipt only shows the 9425721 pre-sell) . I pointed it out and she looked at me like I was insane. She asked the other cashier who similarly told me it was right, you just scan the bluray UPC code. They even read the directions saying to scan both and told me they were right.

I guess as long as I get the proper credit on pickup it's ok.

(gotta love the typo on the front-- you can buy either the "Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack" or the "DVD + Blu-Ray Combo pack". Decisions, decisions!)

The BBY location I stopped at today had at least 20+ of these sitting around. I suspect that stores that are out of stock will eventually get more in.

bread's done
Back