Photo
- - - - -

Free Snow White Steelbook w/pre-order at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#31 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

Has anyone ever had problems using the $10 off coupons at BB? I've used them at TRU several times with absolutely no issues. But haven't tried it at BB.

They are a participating retailer for the coupon, though I've had issues with them trying to scan the UPC on the coupon. Normally they'll try to scan the UPC and when they can't, they put in a code for "Manufacturer Coupon" and the $10 value for the coupon. It prints out as such on the receipt, and they stick the coupon in their drawer when they're finished with the transaction.

Target, it scans the UPC without any issue and knocks off the $10 automatically.

so i have a question. since bb pricematches, would they take into consideration the price of the steelbook? so say toys r us sells it for 5 dollars cheaper, would they say their copy only cost 12 (26.99-14.99)?

I'm not sure to be honest. It's a "free" steelbook case for the movie, so in theory, it's the same with or without the steelbook. You'd have to find out when you try to do a PM.

It really depends on the BB, I have 3 near me. 1 will take the coupons, 1 will take the coupons and let me pm, 1 won't let me PM with a receipt sometimes, yet other times it will let me PM without anything at all.

Generally I think they're OK with it.

Any PM use, either via the normal PM process or a manual price change, that stops coupon use in the register. To do a PM + coupon, they would have to make a manual price change for the PM + coupon price, and that'll need a key-turn/manager/senior CS rep to "sign" off on it. That's YMMV, as you're seeing with not everyone letting you do it.

#32 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

so i have a question. since bb pricematches, would they take into consideration the price of the steelbook? so say toys r us sells it for 5 dollars cheaper, would they say their copy only cost 12 (26.99-14.99)?

The total of the movie is the total of the movie, the 7.50 does not count as a discount - its just you paying some of the price now. If TRU or somebody they usually price match has it for less you can still price match - even with the pre-order and even with the coupon.

They are a participating retailer for the coupon, though I've had issues with them trying to scan the UPC on the coupon. Normally they'll try to scan the UPC and when they can't, they put in a code for "Manufacturer Coupon" and the $10 value for the coupon. It prints out as such on the receipt, and they stick the coupon in their drawer when they're finished with the transaction.

Yup, after they hit total they have to hit F7 to enter the amount of the coupon if it does not scan.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#33 sail0rm00n

sail0rm00n

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Is the steelbook case online oos? I can't seem to find it to add it to my cart. TIA

#34 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

I got mine on Sunday morning! :D

#35 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

I got lucky and found 2 at the 2nd Best Buy I visited. I had given up hope and on may way towards the outside I spotted an endcap with about 5 right in front of the registers. I picked up 2 for myself.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#36 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

Prime, you could've picked the last 3.

#37 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'll pre-order 2 copies today. Possible Steelbook is RARE item in the future :)

Yes is it possible because its Disney. There are lot of fans out there since childhood, even though they're adult now like me. So

#38 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

The suspense is killing me!!! I have to wait about 30 more minutes so BB opens to see if they have any left. The last thing I wanna do is drive to different locations just to get one.

It'll be like the Departed steelbook fiasco all over again.

#39 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

Picked up 2, hopefully I can use my 2 coupons when I go to pick up both copies of the actual movie. Otherwise I'll just be buying 1 copy and hope I can get both preorder payments apllied to it. The coupon does state like previous ones that it's "One Coupon Per Item Purchased".

#40 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

Just got back from getting 2 myself.

It should be pointed out that the case is the same size regardless of whether you purchase the DVD or Blu-ray.

#41 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

Prime, you could've picked the last 3.

Yeah, I'm regretting it now. I'll make a stop after work, maybe they'll still be there.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#42 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, I'm regretting it now. I'll make a stop after work, maybe they'll still be there.

The Westwood location here by UCLA had about 8 or so left if anyone in the area is looking to buy one.

#43 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

Too far for me, I'm OC...but thanks!

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#44 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

About a dozen at my store, but they wouldnt let me fully prepay and use the 10$ off BD coupon.

#45 scarface983

scarface983

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

when the clerk scanned the bluray it came out to $14.95 i think , i dont know y . but the dvd came out to $7.50

#46 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Mine came out $7.50 for bluray. Thanks OP!

#47 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

when the clerk scanned the bluray it came out to $14.95 i think , i dont know y . but the dvd came out to $7.50

The steelbook on its own is $14.99, though when they scan the DVD or BR UPC from the back of it, it puts the steelbook down as free ($14.99-$14.99) and charges $7.50 for the pre-order. It's all detailed out on the instructions on the back of the packaging for the steelbook.

About a dozen at my store, but they wouldnt let me fully prepay and use the 10$ off BD coupon.

That's not how they work. You can't buy an item that's not in-stock at the moment. Plus, the coupon isn't live until 10/06/09, so it wouldn't work even if they did let you pre-pay for the whole thing.

#48 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:16 AM

Had a bizarre experience, clerk didn't know how to do it correctly and only scanned the Bluray pre-sale code, not the steelbook case UPC itself (receipt only shows the 9425721 pre-sell) . I pointed it out and she looked at me like I was insane. She asked the other cashier who similarly told me it was right, you just scan the bluray UPC code. They even read the directions saying to scan both and told me they were right.

I guess as long as I get the proper credit on pickup it's ok.

(gotta love the typo on the front-- you can buy either the "Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack" or the "DVD + Blu-Ray Combo pack". Decisions, decisions!)

#49 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:40 AM

The BBY location I stopped at today had at least 20+ of these sitting around. I suspect that stores that are out of stock will eventually get more in.

New sig coming soon.

#50 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:24 AM

Had a bizarre experience, clerk didn't know how to do it correctly and only scanned the Bluray pre-sale code, not the steelbook case UPC itself (receipt only shows the 9425721 pre-sell) . I pointed it out and she looked at me like I was insane. She asked the other cashier who similarly told me it was right, you just scan the bluray UPC code. They even read the directions saying to scan both and told me they were right.

I guess as long as I get the proper credit on pickup it's ok.

(gotta love the typo on the front-- you can buy either the "Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack" or the "DVD + Blu-Ray Combo pack". Decisions, decisions!)

not really a typo. There is a blu-ray + dvd set & a dvd+ blu-ray set that will be released the same day. Just depends on what kind of case you want.

blu-ray http://www.bestbuy.c...t&cp=1&id=24574

dvd http://www.bestbuy.c...t&cp=1&id=24574

#51 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

The BBY location I stopped at today had at least 20+ of these sitting around. I suspect that stores that are out of stock will eventually get more in.

I see reports that employees are telling some people that they aren't getting any more in. Don't count on any more chances.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

:-k

Saw 7 at my local store today. They only had 5 yesterday and their database showed -3 in stock. Clerk was puzzled at the -3 too.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#53 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

If your BB put the steelcase on the shelves, be sure to look for crumpled corners before you buy.
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#54 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:51 AM

Picked mine up with no problems. Still had plenty left, at least 14 of them.

#55 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:26 AM

mine had at least 10-12 left as of earlier today. They had 2 sitting at the register i checked out at.

#56 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

not really a typo. There is a blu-ray + dvd set & a dvd+ blu-ray set that will be released the same day. Just depends on what kind of case you want.

blu-ray http://www.bestbuy.c...t&cp=1&id=24574

dvd http://www.bestbuy.c...t&cp=1&id=24574

Ok, now I'm confused (not hard to do)... the DVD comes with a Bluray, and the Bluray comes with a DVD?

#57 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

Ok, now I'm confused (not hard to do)... the DVD comes with a Bluray, and the Bluray comes with a DVD?

I think it means that they both are the same (both come with a bluray disc and a regular dvd disc). Only difference is if you want the traditional dvd case or a bluray case.

#58 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:06 AM

I paid $7.50 for my pre-order of Snow White and I got the steelbook case for it. What will happen if I never pick-up my pre-order on October 6? I'm assuming I can still keep the steelbook case? I figure I'd tell the cashier that I want to pre-order the item just so I'd only pay $7.50 for the steelbook case.

#59 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

I paid $7.50 for my pre-order of Snow White and I got the steelbook case for it. What will happen if I never pick-up my pre-order on October 6? I'm assuming I can still keep the steelbook case?

Nope, they'll send out a repo man to repossess it. :roll:

Of course you can keep it. But seriously, you don't want to pay the extra $8.49 to actually get the movie?
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:15 AM

4 on ebay.. $20....