Photo
- - - - -

Free Snow White Steelbook w/pre-order at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#61 siptang

siptang

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

crap.. why am i always last on finding these deals? I'll try first thing in the morning.

#62 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:43 AM

Fuck yeah! Thanks OP!

#63 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:43 AM

If your BB put the steelcase on the shelves, be sure to look for crumpled corners before you buy.

I know exactly what you mean. I carefully selected my two as I always do. I'm just not so sure everyone is as anal as we are.

#64 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:00 AM

Of course you can keep it. But seriously, you don't want to pay the extra $8.49 to actually get the movie?

Yeah, no kidding and you actually get 2 discs of the movie. I'm keeping the BD and giving the DVD to the burn unit of a local children's hospital.

26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: GTA V
:ps3: Saints Row 3
:ps3: PS+

#65 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:23 AM

I'm ... giving the DVD to the burn unit of a local children's hospital.

Posted Image
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:23 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I carefully selected my two as I always do. I'm just not so sure everyone is as anal as we are.

Same. The cashier picked mine up, put it next to her ear, and started shaking it violently while saying, "What IS this? This got a movie in it? What's in here?" I told her it's just a metal case and she still kept shaking it. She stopped when I finally said, "Please stop doing that. It's hurting my ears."

26.2 | 13.1

#67 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

Of course you can keep it. But seriously, you don't want to pay the extra $8.49 to actually get the movie?

So wait a second... you mean to tell me that $14.99 is the total price for the Blu-Ray set at BBY? According to the employee I talked to she said the real price is $34.99.

New sig coming soon.

#68 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

So wait a second... you mean to tell me that $14.99 is the total price for the Blu-Ray set at BBY? According to the employee I talked to she said the real price is $34.99.

http://www.bestbuy.c...roduct&id=24574
+
http://disney.go.com...rl_swupgrade_tv

You do the math, brah.
Hi...

Posted Image

#69 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:40 AM

Don't forget the coupon.

Pay $7.50 up front for the pre-order/steelbook, subtract the $10 Disney coupon, so you have $8.49 left to pay come October 6.

The real price is $25.99.

Edited by parKer, 02 September 2009 - 06:45 AM.
lol CoffeeEdge

26.2 | 13.1

#70 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

Don't forget the coupon.

Pay $7.50 up front for the pre-order/steelbook, subtract the $10 Disney coupon, so you have $8.49 left to pay come October 6.

The real price is $25.99 total.

Already got the coupon. The store I stopped at had $14.99 below where they had the steelbooks. An employee saw me grab one which is when I got informed about the $34.99 tidbit. I'm guessing either she was guessing on the price or was misinformed on the price.

Still I suspect Toys R Us will do their usual buy one get one half off promotion when Snow White comes out. We'll see but even then $7.50 for the steelbook case isn't too bad.

New sig coming soon.

#71 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

Already got the coupon. The store I stopped at had $14.99 below where they had the steelbooks. An employee saw me grab one which is when I got informed about the $34.99 tidbit. I'm guessing either she was guessing on the price or was misinformed on the price.

Still I suspect Toys R Us will do their usual buy one get one half off promotion when Snow White comes out. We'll see but even then $7.50 for the steelbook case isn't too bad.

Would the Disney coupon work if TRU has that promo? The fine print says "Coupon may not be ... used in conjunction with any other offer."

26.2 | 13.1

#72 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

Would the Disney coupon work if TRU has that promo? The fine print says "Coupon may not be ... used in conjunction with any other offer."

Those coupons.com coupons worked earlier this year when TRU was running a 'Buy ___ and get $10 off ____' deal.

That's how I got 2 copies of Bolt :br: for $20
Spoiler

dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#73 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

If it scans and takes off the $10, it tends not to be an issue.

I've used the Disney coupons at Target, TRU and Best Buy and the only one with any issues on using the coupon was Best Buy, and they just had to do a couple extra steps.

TRU, not an issue, it'll scan and take off the $10.

#74 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

Awesome. Thanks, guys. Hope there's something good come October.

26.2 | 13.1

#75 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

If I find a better deal and just want the steelbook, and I don't pick up my pre-order what happens to my deposit?

#76 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

If I find a better deal and just want the steelbook, and I don't pick up my pre-order what happens to my deposit?

Best Buy makes about $7.50.
Hi...

Posted Image

#77 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:33 AM

Just snagged two at the el segundo BB. They only had five on the floor.

#78 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:31 AM

Picked one up today and pre-ordered the Blu Ray case version. Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the DVD case version since I plan to use this steelbook. I think it'd make more sense to just leave the DVD in the original case.

Btw did anyone else have to pay for tax? It seems like whenever I preorder something from Best Buy they always include tax and don't deduct it from the total.

Are these supposed to be rare? Why is everyone picking up multiple copies? My high traffic Best Buy in the Bay Area has at least 7 of these on the racks. If I know anything about the Silicon Valley... there are generally tons of hoarders around here so it's surprising to see these still around.

Edited by hmbtnguy, 03 September 2009 - 05:49 AM.

Posted Image

#79 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:56 AM

Don't forget the coupon.

The real price is $25.99.

Hmm, definitely think I'm going to get this now.

#80 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:04 AM

Picked one up today and pre-ordered the Blu Ray case version. Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the DVD case version since I plan to use this steelbook. I think it'd make more sense to just leave the DVD in the original case.

There's only one steelbook case. The DVD individual release for Snow White doesn't come out until November 24th.

Edit: I didn't realize until looking at Amazon that Disney is doing TWO releases of Snow White on October 6th. Both will be the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack but the only difference is one will be in a Blu-Ray case while the other is in a DVD case. Then there's the DVD only release on November 24th. Talk about making a good way to confuse the Fuck out of people there Disney.

Edited by Demolition Man, 03 September 2009 - 06:22 AM.

New sig coming soon.

#81 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

There's only one steelbook case. The DVD individual release for Snow White doesn't come out until November 24th.

Edit: I didn't realize until looking at Amazon that Disney is doing TWO releases of Snow White on October 6th. Both will be the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack but the only difference is one will be in a Blu-Ray case while the other is in a DVD case. Then there's the DVD only release on November 24th. Talk about making a good way to confuse the Fuck out of people there Disney.

It was all explained on page 3 of this thread. Same with the October 6 date. Just sayin'... ;)

26.2 | 13.1

#82 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

Just placed an order online for the steelbook, since my local BB shows OOS and instore pickup for the bluray. $30.34 and I can use the coupon to make the total $20.34 when released.

#83 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

Just placed an order online for the steelbook, since my local BB shows OOS and instore pickup for the bluray. $30.34 and I can use the coupon to make the total $20.34 when released.

You'll have to do a return and rebuy on the order when you get it, since you can't use the coupon when you pick up the order.

#84 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

I picked up one last night at my bestbuy here in AZ, they had a bunch of them left and their employees were very confused about the entire process. I am pretty excited about the 10$ off coupon though, that is awesome. It was a pain in the but to print off but finally got it. Thanks.

#85 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

It was all explained on page 3 of this thread. Same with the October 6 date. Just sayin'... ;)

:lol:

Ya'll have to excuse me since I'm getting "old" and all. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#86 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

i just picked up mine about 30 min ago. They had a bunch left. Shows all stores in my area have this actually.

#87 Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

I grabbed one last night too. Nobody in the store knew about it, but thankfully I know some people there and they helped me track them down.

#88 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

South Brunswick, nj had them on the rack right in front of the entrance
4 left when I was there

#89 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:23 AM

Anyone have either a scan of the coupon, or advice for getting it from the disney site? Try as I might, I keep putting the upc from the old vhs copy, and it keeps just telling me that it doesn't exist.

#90 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:48 AM

Did you try entering 786936150605 for the old DVD?

Also, I don't think a coupon scan will work. I printed out 2 and their bar codes were different.

26.2 | 13.1