• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#121 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:50 AM

Good way to state it, yes.

They were supposed to scan the steelbook UPC and either the DVD or BR UPC as well. That knocks the $14.99 steelbook price down to $0.00 after a $14.99 instant discount and charge you $7.50 for the pre-order.

If all you're seeing on your receipt is $7.50 for the pre-order, then yes, their inventory is screwed up for the steelbook, though not for the pre-order itself.

You make it sound easy but this definitely did not happen at my store. They rang it up both preorder first then case and case then preorder and both ways it didnt come off even after hitting total. They tried it multiple times multiple ways and it did not come off, so there is something that is causing a problem.

After multiple employees working on it and a manager who couldnt be bothered to do anything they finally figured something out but I am 99.9% its still wrong. Did anyone get charged tax on their preorder? Mine was 7.93 total.

Basically if you can get them to just ring up the preorder on the case just dont say anything. It may screw up their stock, but the altertanitive is spending an hour waiting around and them still having a screwed up stock. As

Best buy once again screws up something that should be easy. :roll:
Posted Image

#122 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Yes, I got charged tax on my pre-order as well. And they did not scan the case UPC - just the UPC for the blu-ray pre-order.

#123 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Since a steelbook can hold so many disks I kinda wish that they would make these available for tv series sets so they would take up less room on the shelf.
Posted Image

#124 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

terminator: sarah connor chronicles has one as a best buy exclusive.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#125 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

EDIT:
Nevermind.

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#126 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

Yes, I got charged tax on my pre-order as well. And they did not scan the case UPC - just the UPC for the blu-ray pre-order.

Thanks for the response, happy to see that things are somewhat in order on my receipt. Be happy they didnt read the instructions and do like they were supposed too (scan the case upc). Saved you a lot of time and aggravation.
Posted Image

#127 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

If all you're seeing on your receipt is $7.50 for the pre-order, then yes, their inventory is screwed up for the steelbook, though not for the pre-order itself.

That's what my receipt looks like and is probably the reason why one of my local BB's inventory said they had 20 steelbooks in stock but 3 employees (2 in uniform and 1 secret shopper dressed as a hunter) couldn't find them anywhere in the store.

26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: GTA V
:ps3: Saints Row 3
:ps3: PS+

#128 Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

I didn't have any problems getting mine. I found about 20 to 25 of them on the shelves. The girl at the counter just scanned the upc for the steelbook and the upc for the blu-ray combo version and it rang out at 7.50. You just keep the receipt and show it to them when the blu-ray comes out and then you just have to pay the rest of the price, which should be about 18 dollars.

#129 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, I specifically had them scan the $7.50 steelbook, then BD/DVD combo, hit total, and no package deal screen popped up, and prices didn't reduce. I hope everyone is right about this working out, I mean, they still have to honor the fact you put $7.50 down right? Or will they come back and say, "well sir, you didn't have this rung up right, you must pay full price for the movie, on top of the $7.50 you already paid." That would be horrible!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#130 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, I specifically had them scan the $7.50 steelbook, then BD/DVD combo, hit total, and no package deal screen popped up, and prices didn't reduce. I hope everyone is right about this working out, I mean, they still have to honor the fact you put $7.50 down right? Or will they come back and say, "well sir, you didn't have this rung up right, you must pay full price for the movie, on top of the $7.50 you already paid." That would be horrible!!

The receipt is key. I was told to make sure I don't lose my receipt as it's the only proof that I made the pre-order and already paid $7.50 towards the final total.

26.2 | 13.1

#131 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:42 AM

The receipt is key. I was told to make sure I don't lose my receipt as it's the only proof that I made the pre-order and already paid $7.50 towards the final total.

I was told the same thing. Usually they are relaxed about it, and say, "we can look it up with your card" but this time they really stressed to keep the receipt.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#132 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the response, happy to see that things are somewhat in order on my receipt. Be happy they didnt read the instructions and do like they were supposed too (scan the case upc). Saved you a lot of time and aggravation.

Maybe since they didn't scan the steelbook UPC, I'll be able to use the $10 Disney coupon without doing a return/re-buy?

#133 BowserK

BowserK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:09 AM

i picked up two BR copies. they only scaned the pre-order upc and i was able to use the $10 off coupon for two steel cases, total came out to $6.48.

#134 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:18 AM

i picked up two BR copies. they only scaned the pre-order upc and i was able to use the $10 off coupon for two steel cases, total came out to $6.48.

Did the coupon scan automatically or did someone have to override in order for the $10 to come off? I was under the impression that the coupon wouldn't work correctly until the release date.

26.2 | 13.1

#135 BowserK

BowserK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:27 AM

Did the coupon scan automatically or did someone have to override in order for the $10 to come off? I was under the impression that the coupon wouldn't work correctly until the release date.

she didn't scan it she just entered something in the computer and subtracted $10. After the total it says (coupon MFG) -10

I didn't even check the date on the coupon. i printed it from the computer section inside best buy

Posted Image

Edited by BowserK, 18 September 2009 - 05:06 AM.

#136 gravel

gravel

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

Has anyone had any issues getting the coupon from the disney movie rewards page? I click on the image for details, it tells me to log in, even though I am already logged in. Then, when I log in, it doesn't bring me to the place to enter the UPC, it just brings me to the main page. When I navigate back to the offer, it tells me to log in again. ARGH!

#137 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Enter the UPC code(after you login) and it will take you to the page
Posted Image

#138 gravel

gravel

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

Thanks, I got it!

#139 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:48 PM

My problem is I try to print the coupon it says I have already printed it too many times(this is my first time trying).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#140 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:31 AM

My problem is I try to print the coupon it says I have already printed it too many times(this is my first time trying).

I am pretty sure the coupon program uses IP verification. Try on another PC on another network if you can.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#141 turboice

turboice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:05 AM

no longer available on BB website - guess only option now is hunting in the store

#142 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:19 AM

Hmm...using the check in store option, looks like my bestbuy got some back in stock! Will definitely preorder
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/

#143 Jgel

Jgel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:40 AM

I picked one up. Could not find it after looking at all the end caps and looking in the blu-ray section. There they were in the DVD section. They had 3 left. No problem at check out for me.

Buyer/seller on EBay W/ 1450+ Positive unique feedbacks. See my feedback page= http://feedback.ebay...&userid=re-play

Posted Image

#144 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

I'm going to try and get this today, then use that $10 off coupon. I need to sell my DVD of it too.

#145 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

If you guys have problems finding it, I'd be more than willing to pick up one and ship it. Though it would be cost + shipping + gas.

#146 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:29 AM

Thanks Op.
Finally picked one up today.
Staff were clueless, but tried to be helpful.

No sign of Up!

#147 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

she didn't scan it she just entered something in the computer and subtracted $10. After the total it says (coupon MFG) -10

I didn't even check the date on the coupon. i printed it from the computer section inside best buy

Posted Image

Cashier Error, that shouldn't have worked.

#148 nusilver

nusilver

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

no longer available on BB website - guess only option now is hunting in the store

Don't know whether they restocked or if you're looking for something on the website that says "steelbook - blu-ray" but the steelbook is the same whether or not you get the blu-ray or dvd and they most certainly are still available on bestbuy.com. I just pre-ordered both today. just follow the pre-order process and click the "free steelbook" offer.

#149 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

Just picked up 3 copies today from BB. Still had several on the shelf.

#150 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

I went to several Best Buys in the past 3 days and they had at least 10 sitting out at each. Also it appears to be listed on the Best Buy website again and inventory is available at every store around me.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cp=1&id=2022185