Photo
- - - - -

GameStop TIV: Trade 2/4/6 get extra 10/20/40%, $25 Hardware Bonus, Power-trades.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2112 replies to this topic

#1531 WhySoSerious530

WhySoSerious530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

Trade value of a PSP? anyone know?

they sell the 2000s for $120, so i'd think $80 or less. you're better off selling it on ebay or craigslist.

#1532 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:21 AM

All base today
Wii motion plus-8.25
Tales of symphonia-5.60
Wii sports resort-7.75
Psp
Dissidia-15.00
Phantasy star-8.00
Mgs acid-1.00
FF tactics-5.00
DS
Kingdom hearts 358/2-20.00
Cate west-2.75
Ps3
Lost-1.75
Genji-1.25
Xblades-4.75
Batman-25.00
Fall 3 Goty-20.00
Conan-1.50
Ps2
Kingdom hearts Re chain-6.50
Got about 200 in credit, my wife was with me and told me to get a 360 elite and she'd pay the rest as my bday was yesterday. In my excitement I didn't really take a look at my receipt till I got home and then realized that they didn't apply my fing edge card (I mean come on they put the credit on it to begin with) so my wife went back and they couldn't figure out how to fix the transaction so they just gave me a 20 gift card instead, so once again gamestop has reaffirmed why I avoid gamestop except during good promos.

You already got rid of FO3 GOTY and it's already dropped to $20 in TIV? :roll: Again, GS reaffirms my deep hatred of the company. But what do you mean by 'they didn't apply your Edge card'. I hope you don't mean you bought a USED 360, since that's taking an unneccessary risk with an already sketchy piece of hardware.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1533 jeremiahkd

jeremiahkd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

If i trade in 6 current gen games and then a few GBA games, will the bonus apply to ALL of the games? Or just the current gen ones?
Posted Image

#1534 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

It all depends on if the promo says it specifically has to be current gen games or not, though I would not expect to get much of anything for the GBA games, jeremiah.

EDIT: From the website

Trade in any 2, 4 or 6 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games, and get an extra 10%, 20% or 40% trade-in credit respectively

So unfortunately, it only qualifies for 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games, though the 25% more bonus trade offer(towards pre-order of MW2, AC2 and a bunch of other games)doesn't specify systems specifically, so ask them to credit the GBA games towards THAT promo.

EDIT: Quote below:

Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, New Super Mario Bros. or Left 4 Dead 2 and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Posted Image

#1535 SageBigly

SageBigly

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

Gah, i'd like to get rid of FFIV (DS) and pokemon platunim. and maybe even the PSP. I am not having much fun with it :( Even though I played a lotta final fantasy tactics on it today it...just isn't what i thought.
"God is a woman and the woman is an animal
That animal's man and that's you
Was there a need for creation?
That was hiding in a math equation and that's this:
Where do circles begin? " Modest Mouse

CML http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=239577
http://www.swagbucks...ster&rb=1082241

#1536 jeremiahkd

jeremiahkd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:21 AM

It all depends on if the promo says it specifically has to be current gen games or not, though I would not expect to get much of anything for the GBA games, jeremiah.

EDIT: From the website

So unfortunately, it only qualifies for 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games, though the 25% more bonus trade offer(towards pre-order of MW2, AC2 and a bunch of other games)doesn't specify systems specifically, so ask them to credit the GBA games towards THAT promo.

EDIT: Quote below:

Thanks IaTCG, Thats a shame, I could've made a decent amount with 4 pokemon games + 50% =/ I guess ill use the +25% mw2 preorder. thanks again.
Posted Image

#1537 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

You already got rid of FO3 GOTY and it's already dropped to $20 in TIV? :roll: Again, GS reaffirms my deep hatred of the company. But what do you mean by 'they didn't apply your Edge card'. I hope you don't mean you bought a USED 360, since that's taking an unneccessary risk with an already sketchy piece of hardware.

Ya I tried Fallout 3 out didnt really care for it so traded it. No I bought a brand new 360 I wouldn't even consider a used one, they 'somehow' didn't apply my edge card to my trade ins and tried to stiff me on the extra 10% and only give me the 40% promo.
:cold:

#1538 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

Thanks IaTCG, Thats a shame, I could've made a decent amount with 4 pokemon games + 50% =/ I guess ill use the +25% mw2 preorder. thanks again.

You're quite welcome.

Ya I tried Fallout 3 out didnt really care for it so traded it. No I bought a brand new 360 I wouldn't even consider a used one, they 'somehow' didn't apply my edge card to my trade ins and tried to stiff me on the extra 10% and only give me the 40% promo.

They did that with me too, except I was trading in my old PS3(40 gb) and I had an assload of games. Initially I wanted to use the PS3 bonus trade promo %, but then I realized that would be double dipping for the same purchase, so I asked them to do the Batman:AA pre-order % deal.

However, they still figured I was trying to double dip on the PS3 promo and didn't apply ANY promo(just the EDGE card) to my trades. It took about 2-3 weeks, but I finally got it all straightened out. I ended up paying about $27 out of some credit I had leftover for B:AA and everything was fixed.

Posted Image

#1539 HelloArby

HelloArby

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:53 AM

Guys i need help i have a hell lot of ps2 games but i know they wont be supported by the trade 2,4,6 deal. But i also have alot of psp games and with me getting a psp go soon i wont need these. Now my newest psp game is Midnight Club:LA Remix and my oldest has to be Ridge Racer. Do u think i will get a fair amount of money with these?
Posted Image
Points2Shop
To earn anything from Amazon.com for free
Prizes earned:
Midnight Club:Los Angeles-Xbox 360
Smackdown vs. Raw 2008-Playstation 3
Need For Speed Prostreet-Xbox 360
Next Prize/Goal:
Logitech Driving Force GT-Playstation 3

#1540 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

Guys i need help i have a hell lot of ps2 games but i know they wont be supported by the trade 2,4,6 deal. But i also have alot of psp games and with me getting a psp go soon i wont need these. Now my newest psp game is Midnight Club:LA Remix and my oldest has to be Ridge Racer. Do u think i will get a fair amount of money with these?

Did you try and check last known values in the database or in the first page of this thread? Thats the best way to get some type of basis to go off.
:cold:

#1541 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:03 AM

Does the 10/20/40% deal stack with edge? Making it 20/30/50%?

#1542 HelloArby

HelloArby

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

Did you try and check last known values in the database or in the first page of this thread? Thats the best way to get some type of basis to go off.

Oh i did not see that ok ill check it out.
Posted Image
Points2Shop
Prizes earned:
Next Prize/Goal:

#1543 Exhausted Dad

Exhausted Dad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:13 AM

Does the 10/20/40% deal stack with edge? Making it 20/30/50%?

yes

#1544 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:14 AM

Yeeeees >_>, glad i got a pretty good selection of games at Toys R Us's sale, gonna end up getting Tekken 6 LE, and atleast 4k Microsoft points thanks to this sale.
(Trading in Brutal Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Killzone 2, Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, and 2 undecided cheap games from my collection)

#1545 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:30 AM

These base prices are for my trade ins for today.

:360:
Xbox 360 60 GB Hard Drive $17
Xbox 360 Wired Headset $5.25
Last Remnant $5

:ps3:
Lair $1.50

:psp:
Sega Genesis Collection $4
Capcom Classics Collection 1 $2
Capcom Classics Collection 2 $2
Me & My Katamari $3.50

HDMI cable $4.75

#1546 WhySoSerious530

WhySoSerious530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:08 AM

These base prices are for my trade ins for today.

Xbox 360 60 GB Hard Drive $17
Xbox 360 Wired Headset $5.25
Last Remnant $5

Lair $1.50

:psp:
Sega Genesis Collection $4
Capcom Classics Collection 1 $2
Capcom Classics Collection 2 $2
Me & My Katamari $3.50

HDMI cable $4.75

didn't realize they took the headsets for a decent price. i was going to try to get rid of my extra one on craigslist for $5 but gamestop is a lot easier.

#1547 HelloArby

HelloArby

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

OK guys one more thing. I want to get Tekken 6 tomorrow. Now including all the games and the 10,20,40%(edge car bonus 20%,30%,50%) i got around 116 dollars give or take between ps2,ps3,and 360 games. Now what should i do since the 25% extra trade in credit toward tekken 6 is in effect so i can get that for free or so and still save alot of credit for something else like DJ Hero?
Posted Image
Points2Shop
Prizes earned:
Next Prize/Goal:

#1548 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:13 AM

I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassg...w&retailerid=13

JP0213, do you want to update the OP to include this suggestion?

#1549 MasterYensid

MasterYensid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:13 AM

GS Base TIV's - 10/26/09

:ps2: Call of Duty 3 - $5.25
:ps2: Star Wars: Battlefront II - $5.25
:ps2: Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $4.75
:ps2: Mercenaries - $3.25
:ps2: Crash of the Titans - $5.00
:ps2: Transformers: The Game - $4.75
Posted Image

#1550 winb83

winb83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

Even if it was in perfect condition, you're only going to get $175 for it, and you won't get full price on it because it's in poor condition so I say sell it to the craigslist person. If he doesn't do it, someone else will.

i had a guy buy it yesterday for $200 so it worked out better.

Gamestop would have given $145 for it tops.

#1551 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassg...w&retailerid=13

JP0213, do you want to update the OP to include this suggestion?

Cheapy is there any way to show the last date the TiV was confirmed right on the GameStop page when you look up a game? It looks like you have to click through 2 more times to find that data. That is one of the nice things about having all the data listed in this thread.

Let's go Pens!

#1552 equax

equax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Wow, sorry to go off topic but having access to data makes everything easier. I know you CAGS pick up cheap games. Unlike me, it's hard to let a game go if I'm not getting my money back or making a profit. Give me your insight on this.
Cheap-ass-gamer-student member.

#1553 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

For those folks asking about TIVs, it might be faster to simply call your local GS and ask, rather than waiting for someone here to reply to you. If you need values of one or two games, most stores should tell you right over the phone.

#1554 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Updated.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1555 onlyexstasy

onlyexstasy

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Base TIV's as of today:

Rainbow Six Vegas:2 - 9.50
Halo:ODS - 30.00
HDMI Cable - 4.75
Xbox 360 Headset - 5.25
"The only way you are going to get anywhere in life is to work hard at it."

#1556 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

I didnt see this in the OP, what's the min TIV for this current tiered deal? I may very well have missed it. But if it's not there, I think it should be.

#1557 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

Resident Evil 5 - $8

Socom - $1.50
GH:WT - $3.25

:wii:
Resident Evil 4 - $4.75
Super Mario Galaxy - $7.75
MadWorld - $5.50
Posted Image

#1558 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

I didnt see this in the OP, what's the min TIV for this current tiered deal? I may very well have missed it. But if it's not there, I think it should be.

The tiered trade never has a minimum value. The info in the first post is pulled directly from GameStop's website and when they have minimums it is placed in their information. No listed minimum, there isn't one. That is why a lot of people love the tiered trade because they can use multiples of $0.20 trade-ins like old Maddens to boost up to the maximum extra percentage. However, since this is limited to all current gen systems and handhelds that wont be as easy because a lot of those that people used were PS2 games. The only ones that are cheap to buy on spot and use to boost up value are the Burger King games.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1559 LichSlayer

LichSlayer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

All are base TIV from today.
Posted Image
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona $15

Posted Image
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor $15
Scribblenauts $6
Lock's Quest $3.50
Rondo of Swords $2.00
Soul Bubbles $1.25

With the Edge and bonus, it came out to $64.12 which isn't too bad.

#1560 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

The tiered trade never has a minimum value. The info in the first post is pulled directly from GameStop's website and when they have minimums it is placed in their information. No listed minimum, there isn't one. That is why a lot of people love the tiered trade because they can use multiples of $0.20 trade-ins like old Maddens to boost up to the maximum extra percentage. However, since this is limited to all current gen systems and handhelds that wont be as easy because a lot of those that people used were PS2 games. The only ones that are cheap to buy on spot and use to boost up value are the Burger King games.

couldnt have said it better myself JP. this should def be a quote in the OP
Posted Image

Posted Image