The Bigs 2 - X360 Version - $29.99 on Amazon!

dvdactor

CAGiversary!
After the Bigs 2 on all 3 systems dropped to $39.99 on Amazon, today the 360 version got a little lower.

http://www.amazon.com/Bigs-2-Xbox-3..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251924989&sr=8-1

This was released July 7, less than 2 months old at this point, at half the price of full retail (from when it was released, guess $39.99 is the new retail). I got one with ECA for $26.99!

As of right now, only 360 is marked down, Wii and Ps3 still at $39.99

Any CAGOpinions about this? MLB2k is always glitchy and I swear gets worst every year... what about The Bigs?

Haven't played it myself yet, but liked the first one. It's been $29.99 at Best Buy since Sunday and is part of the BOGO 50% off deal.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Any CAGOpinions about this? MLB2k is always glitchy and I swear gets worst every year... what about The Bigs?[/QUOTE]

its real fun, dude, try the demo. nothing like MLB2K

I bet it's sort of a rolling soon-to-be-official price drop. My Best Buy yesterday was stacked with copies of this game. I fully expect to see in on Amazon for $19.99 relatively soon (i.e., before the end of the World Series). The next one, should there be one, should ship much earlier in the season.

Loved the first game. It was very arcady, which suited me fine. If you're looking for a baseball sim this is probably not it. I'll pick up the second one for sure when it gets a little cheaper or hits Target clearance. But thanks OP, added it to my Amazon cart to watch-over. :D

It is very fun, the demo gets kind of annoying since every player has like "super powers" (since youre playing in the allstar games)

Im kind of curious of what people think of the Bigs 2 Vs MLB The Show 2(ps3)

I got it the other day at BB through the b1g1 1/2 off sale. It's alright if you aren't looking for serious baseball. It's more like a baseball version of NFL Street or NBA Street Homecourt. Fast paced with over the top moves and power-ups. No doubt this will be less than 20 bones soon and likely less than 10 on sale somewhere. Not really worth 30, but if you can pair it with another 30 dollar game using the BB offer, that makes it $22.50.

[quote name='dcm1602']It is very fun, the demo gets kind of annoying since every player has like "super powers" (since youre playing in the allstar games)

Im kind of curious of what people think of the Bigs 2 Vs MLB The Show 2(ps3)[/QUOTE]

I've only played the demo of Bigs 2 but I think I can pretty safely say that The Show is by far the better baseball game. The Bigs is fun but if you're only getting one, get The Show.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Any CAGOpinions about this? MLB2k is always glitchy and I swear gets worst every year... what about The Bigs?[/QUOTE]

It's fun, it's definitely better than MLB2K (what isn't?), but it does get old quickly. I also found the stats to be totally out of whack...in short, I liked it for a couple of weeks but sold it off because it becomes repetitious after a while. Not sure if I'd go with $30. $20 would be a better bet.

Game is pretty fun. I got it through my referral program dealie. If you liked the MLB Slugfest series, odds are you'll like this as well.

And really, it's the only good baseball game on 360 right now.

Oooh, I had no idea it was $29.99 at Best Buy. I would have jumped all over it while I was there yesterday. Gonna look to see if there are any other $29.99 games at BB that I want. Otherwise I'm ordering it from Amazon with ECA.

[quote name='Regian']

And really, it's the only good baseball game on 360 right now.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Agree with that

I want a good sim on the 360.......This is getting ridiculous...........MLB 2k sucks every year.... wtf is going on........that being said i fully expect to be able to get this at 15-20 in the near future in a sale.........thanks for the post though op

[quote name='Killbomb']I've only played the demo of Bigs 2 but I think I can pretty safely say that The Show is by far the better baseball game. The Bigs is fun but if you're only getting one, get The Show.[/QUOTE]

Would be some trick to get "The Show" on 360.

I enjoyed the first one but could never get around to being good at base-running, for some reason the mechanics of it weren't right to me. I bought The Bigs for like $8, would be willing to buy Bigs 2 for $10 or less but for baseball fans this is a great deal.

Can anyone recommend a good $30 game to go along with Bigs 2 to make the BB deal worth it? Preferrably a game that just dropped to $30?

Left 4 Dead is the only other 29.99 game that seems worth getting in that price bracket. But with l4D 2 around the corner its sure to drop.

Personally id just go up to the 39.99 games and get something like Halo Wars or maybe the bioshock/oblivion combo pack.

Then again halo wars sells for 30 on amazon so you dont end up saving much money, their choices kinda suck.

Might just be better off getting a good 59.99 game that youll enjoy with the bigs 2 for 15$

Bigs 1 was pretty dang good but my friend who I played it with got the hang of the timings faster than I did and because I couldn't get over that hurdle, I grew tired of the game and fast.

[quote name='darrenaero']Can anyone recommend a good $30 game to go along with Bigs 2 to make the BB deal worth it? Preferrably a game that just dropped to $30?[/QUOTE]

Midnight Club LA is a nice game for 29.99.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Midnight Club LA is a nice game for 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Very true. But I already have it. I might just get GH5 and Bigs 2 for $15 or get 2 Bigs 2s and get one for a buddy.

[quote name='darrenaero']Can anyone recommend a good $30 game to go along with Bigs 2 to make the BB deal worth it? Preferrably a game that just dropped to $30?[/QUOTE]
Fable 2 just dropped to $30.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Midnight Club LA is a nice game for 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the double post ahead of time... But u like someone said before MC:LA is a good game but for me i would get Skate 2 its really fun if u like those types of games.Or Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 thats $30.

Thank you very much for the info! I ended up getting Fable 2 and The Bigs 2 from Best Buy and I forgot I had about $10 in Reward Zone gift certificates, so I got a nice deal at $34 bucks post tax.

bread's done
Back