So... is it possible for GameQuestDirect to get SEGA to produce Saturns again?

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
Seeing how Game Quest Direct is a reprinting powerhouse (and I thank them for that), is it possible for GQD to get SEGA to produce SEGA Saturn systems? Since GQD is practically a warehouse anyway, they could sell the Saturn systems to major retailers, but they won't take up space in the electronics departments of these retailers. They would be located in the toy departments instead (and I know for a fact that they do have glass cases in Walmart's toy department). So, is it possible for GQD to get SEGA to mass produce a shipment along with a few Saturn games? Hopefully Mega Man 8 (the superior version happens to be on the Saturn) and Shining Force III (scenarios 1, 2, and 3) get reprinted, hehe. Screw collectors.

Absolutely not. Sega no longer has the means to manufacture the hardware. The costs would be through the roof. Also the second and third scenarios of Shining Force III were never available in the US, so you'd never see those getting reprinted. I've also got a creeping suspicion that Sega lost the source code for Shining Force III in the same manner that they lost the source code to Panzer Dragoon Saga (thus there will never be a reprint or re-release). On another note, Megaman 8 would be Capcom and not Sega. I got lucky and found a copy of MM8 for Saturn at a flea market for $3.00

Haha, this is one of the least likely things that could ever happen.

Saturn gets no love, all you ever hear about is how "Dreamcast was underrated".

Majesco did re manufacture the Genesis but the Saturn is nowhere close in terms of popularity.

[quote name='Doomstink']I've also got a creeping suspicion that Sega lost the source code for Shining Force III in the same manner that they lost the source code to Panzer Dragoon Saga (thus there will never be a reprint or re-release).[/QUOTE]

Yet, despite this, Gametap now has publishing rights to Panzer Dragoon Saga. They won't do anything with it though since there isn't enough demand for it right now.

Isn't a $200 price tag a good indicator of demand, or do I need to go back to economics class?

[quote name='Nintendonly'](I know for a fact that they do have glass cases in Walmart's toy department)[/QUOTE]

Big YMMV on that one. I've never seen a glass case in the toy dept.

If GQD somehow managed to get Saturns back in production, they'd charge full original MSRP or higher...like they do with most everything they reprint.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Saturn gets no love, all you ever hear about is how "Dreamcast was underrated".[/QUOTE]

Dreamcast had a much better library of software in the US. Great Saturn games are few and far between, but we're swimming in great DC games.

Also, GQD only reprints games they'll make money on, like Fatal Frame, and they'll never produce old systems.

bread's done
Back