• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

Ah, I see, makes sense.

#3812 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

With the used price of Batman just dropping to $35, it seems like its time to play my $5 copy of Ace Combat 6 and trade that in towards Batman. Thanks OP!

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#3813 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

saw Damnation :360: for 29.98

#3814 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

saw Damnation :360: for 29.98

8$ used at Gamefly.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#3815 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:44 AM

I am dying for a copy of Mini Ninjas. None to be found in the Chicagoland area.
Posted Image

#3816 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:49 AM

After getting the 12-month LIVE card from BB for $20 with no problems, here's hoping i can snag up Skate 2 on clearance for $10 along with a free 1600 points card.
Posted Image

#3817 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

LOL, good old Target. Too bad all the clearance titles have been wiped, though there are some blah $14.99 games for the 360 like Timeshift and Shaun White, or at least they were 14.99 last week.

Lol yeah, i was at Targets earlier, EVERY good game that was under 30 dollars was gone (Only things that were left were some crappy Kids games and Shovelware). Im content with my remaining 3k MS points (Had around 9k, but spent it on all the games/DLC i ever wanted, and have ABSOLUTELY nothing i can think of buying)

Though i wouldnt mind trying to buy another 1 Month XBL card and getting a 1600 MSP card free :D (Took me 3+ tries on the first one, and it finally worked)

#3818 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:14 AM

Dude, my closest Target was completely ransacked. The beloved clearance endcap was clearly gang-raped and almost all of the decent regular priced games were gone. I haven't seen the game section this bare in....well ever.

Need some more red tags! Those precious red tags, stacked one on top of the other!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#3819 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

Dude, my closest Target was completely ransacked. The beloved clearance endcap was clearly gang-raped and almost all of the decent regular priced games were gone. I haven't seen the game section this bare in....well ever.

Need some more red tags! Those precious red tags, stacked one on top of the other!

Agreed =/, the only decent games i saw under 20 were Shaun White Snowboarding (Which were 15)(Also saw "Your In the Movies" which came with a Live Vision Camera for 20, but the manager kept giving me grief on it, so i just gave up)

#3820 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

ya my target sucks all games are gone, no skate 2 :(

#3821 dugbrandon

dugbrandon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

I'm always complaining that my Target never has anything for PS3. Yesterday on the way to try and take advantage of the gamestop $20 credit I decided to see what Target had, expecting nothing, almost saying screw it and driving by. The clearance endcap was almost empty, just 3 copies of some xbox 360 game for 20.xx but, what is this? A copy of Bigs 2 for 7.48. I was pretty excited, so I scooped it up. I was even happier when it rang up at the register for $4.xx.

#3822 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

I played dumb and asked a clerk if they had all the clearance games in the ad in a certain section. He said, "no, they're just on the endcap and we only have 3 titles that are in the ad, one of each." I was like, good job. He then joked that, "They put our clearance games on clearance!" I almost laughed in disgust b/c they didn't do anything, the ad prices are what they've been for two weeks..

Now to see if BB will PM the Target ad, might as well get Sonic Unleashed for $10 and grab the DLC while it's still on sale..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#3823 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

found two copies of Wolfenstein XBOX 360 for 14.98. They were marked only to 41.98 but scanned at 14.98.

Otherwise, all the Targets I went to were out of anything good.

#3824 Bhhawks78

Bhhawks78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

After getting the 12-month LIVE card from BB for $20 with no problems, here's hoping i can snag up Skate 2 on clearance for $10 along with a free 1600 points card.

How did you get one for 20$? Where is this coupon for that or this points car thing everyone is talking about?

#3825 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

I didn't even think about trying to price match the ad, since I have been trying to find Legends of Wrestlemania on PS3 on clearance at the two Targets close to me with no luck.
Posted Image

#3826 airwalke

airwalke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

I love it when Target puts stuff like this in their ad... it's almost as bad for us as when they have a full page insert of "online only" items, which results in customers all day coming in asking for items that don't exist in store, and pitch a fit when they drove in from an hour away because of this ad.

Same deal with the clearance games. I love this section just as much as the next CAG, but I can't believe they advertised all the games that they did, when in reality every Target is only going to have a handful of those listed. They try to make it a policy to have every item in stock when a new ad is released, but it's seriously impossible to do so when they pull shit like this. Makes Sundays like today the best day of the week for us part timers. :applause:

Pro-tip: for those who walked in on empty clearance end-caps, take a look at every game in the ad and make sure they're not in the case. I had to drag 5-6 different games out of the case this morning that weren't marked as clearance and give them all labels (holidays distracted the price change team, I'm sure). The end cap was still pretty empty by the end of the day, so don't go badgering all of us to scan every game in the case to make sure it's not on clearance. Chances are if all the clearance games listed in the ad are gone from the cases, every neglected clearance game that didn't get labeled has been taken out.

That said, my pull from the holidays: Sonic Unleased for PS3 and The Conduit for Wii.

#3827 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

found two copies of Wolfenstein XBOX 360 for 14.98. They were marked only to 41.98 but scanned at 14.98.

Otherwise, all the Targets I went to were out of anything good.

Do the prices show up when you scan them using the price checker or only at checkout? They had shaun white but it rang up for 30.

#3828 airwalke

airwalke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

Do the prices show up when you scan them using the price checker or only at checkout? They had shaun white but it rang up for 30.

It should ring up on the price scanner with the clearance price, if there is one. If it rings up on the scanner or check out, it's in the system. The only way you'd have a conflicting price from what you've seen on this website is the fact that all Targets clearance their products differently, and that these price cuts are dependant on how many copies a store has and how quickly (or slowly, I guess?) they are being sold.

#3829 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:00 AM

Woah, woah.

Woah.

I'm still here. And I promise to update the thread. It's just that I'm, uh, 50 pages or so behind. I stopped at 145 and then had no extra time to sit down and try to plow through the thread. A lot of the thread tends to be "Oh, I hid this and found it for cheaper yay" then a moral tirade of five or six pages denouncing it and explaining why it's immorally wrong. Or about hoarding. Or why a clearance game sucks, even if it did just come out two weeks ago.
Then I saw some people concerned with why the thread being out of date. Omg! NBA2K9 for 14.98 isn't in the list! PANIC!!. So, with all of those pages considered, it should really only be about four or five pages of solid content and we'll see an updated OP soon.

I can certaintly understand if someone wants to start up a new thread. I can't stop them. But I do ask that you guys give me just a little bit longer. I got busy, but I still love running this thread because I like helping the CAG community and I've been running this shit for a while. So give me just a moment here, confoosious I'm happy for you and ima let you finish but I gotta say FoS has the best clearance thread ever. And we'll see a new thread in 2010. Oh, glory day how wonderful it will be!
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#3830 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

got Assassin's Creed GH for $4.98 at owensboro, ky target

#3831 driftmr2

driftmr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

With this week's ad containing the clearance games, what are the chances of any updates today?

#3832 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

My Target had absolutely nothing. I think maybe a copy or two of Section 8 for PC for like 20 some dollars.

Advertising clearance is such a horrible idea...

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#3833 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

That Target ad will pretty much clear out any of the clearance. That's ok though, this is like when there are prairie wildfires that clear out the old crap. Soon we will be enjoying new clearance games again.
Posted Image

#3834 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Wow, advertising the ad did wonders. Absolutely no clearance games at the Target I went to Sunday. All gone!

#3835 dashrendar

dashrendar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

That Target ad will pretty much clear out any of the clearance. That's ok though, this is like when there are prairie wildfires that clear out the old crap. Soon we will be enjoying new clearance games again.

Yeah, hopefully there will be a new set of games clearanced in early 2010 with all the releases coming out in January/February.

Currently Playing:
:360: Dishonored

RelievedSquid.jpg

#3836 driftmr2

driftmr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

I just checked this morning at a local Target. :xbox: Ghostbusters $14.xx and :wii: Wolverine $14.xx.

#3837 driftmr2

driftmr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

Oops meant :360: Ghostbusters. Damn iPhone quick replies. :)

#3838 miguel2003

miguel2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

I want to make a trip over 3 or 4 target's near to my area to check the video games section of clearance... do you think is a good idea? I've seen many people who's saying that is all clear in many stores around the country... SO I want to save some gas..... specially here in L.A.

#3839 derspiess

derspiess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

I want to make a trip over 3 or 4 target's near to my area to check the video games section of clearance... do you think is a good idea? I've seen many people who's saying that is all clear in many stores around the country... SO I want to save some gas..... specially here in L.A.

Monday is usually the best day to check, particularly if you have an idea of when the store does their markdowns so you can time your visit accordingly.

Just my impression here in Ohio, but there is so much foot traffic in the stores at this time of year that it makes it a bit more challenging to find anything before it gets snatched up by someone who randomly walks by & happens to see a cheap game. The hunting ground seems to be less crowded for most of the rest of the year.

I would maybe try 1 or 2 stores close-by, and then play it by ear.

#3840 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Just make sure the amount you save on the deals should almost equal to the amount of gas you're going to pay.

Just my 2cents.