Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands - Gen. Discussion & Info - OUT NOW (8.0 GS, 8.8 IGN, 88 Metacritic)

• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#271 FluxDF

FluxDF

"Grrr" face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

What character are you?

I'm currently the lady class (I don't remember the title). I've played the Hunter before.

I had thought that co-op might make it a little more fun. If anyone is game, send me an invite and we'll give it a go.

#272 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

I'm currently the lady class (I don't remember the title). I've played the Hunter before.

I had thought that co-op might make it a little more fun. If anyone is game, send me an invite and we'll give it a go.

Okay, you're the Siren. Same class as I and probably my favorite out of the 4. My tips for getting Lilith more powerful,
Spoiler

I hope this helps!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#273 FluxDF

FluxDF

"Grrr" face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the tips.

#274 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

When does this game start to be fun? I've played up to level 5 so far and it's just not doing anything for me.

The very beginning is pretty mundane and boring to play solo, but once you accumulate more missions and move out of the Arid Badlands, I'd say that's when it really starts to pick up.

#275 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

FLUXDF, I am a level 0 as I haven't started. But if you want to CO-OP, I am willing to start whenever.

#276 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

I just added you Flux. I was thinking about starting over with a Soldier class. I have one thats a level 20, but has been raped of anything decent lol.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#277 FluxDF

FluxDF

"Grrr" face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

I just added you Flux. I was thinking about starting over with a Soldier class. I have one thats a level 20, but has been raped of anything decent lol.

Cool. Hopefully co-op will improve the experience for me.

I added Saint Noir last night, maybe we can get a full crew for this.

#278 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Alright, I guess I will start a hunter character. Since we have a lady and maybe a soldier. Just did the install and what not. We'll have to set up a time to play...which will be easier said then done now that my wife has FF XIII! :lol:

#279 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

Alright, I guess I will start a hunter character. Since we have a lady and maybe a soldier. Just did the install and what not. We'll have to set up a time to play...which will be easier said then done now that my wife has FF XIII! :lol:

Hahaha, I know what you mean. I've been playing borderlands almost nonestop since the dlc and off and on from then. I'll be getting FFXIII today as well. But I'm sure we can work something in for the weekend.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#280 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

I played just a tiny bit, but I really enjoyed it thus far. The art style alone makes me enjoy it quite a bit. Really looking forward to jumping online with some people.

#281 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

I was kinda disappointed with the Knoxx DLC. They just put you in a room with a shit-load of loot, and you're supposed to go through it all in 3 minutes?????? I only probably got to about half of it! But there's apparently a chance to get the other stuff, so all hope is not lost. Also, I keep seeing ads in the game that tell you to "Stash your crap!!" Is there soem kind of banking system? If so, how do you access it? Thanks!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#282 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

The bank is in Mad Moxxi Underdome DLC. I think.

#283 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

I was kinda disappointed with the Knoxx DLC. They just put you in a room with a shit-load of loot, and you're supposed to go through it all in 3 minutes?????? I only probably got to about half of it! But there's apparently a chance to get the other stuff, so all hope is not lost. Also, I keep seeing ads in the game that tell you to "Stash your crap!!" Is there soem kind of banking system? If so, how do you access it? Thanks!

Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#284 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:47 AM

When does this game start to be fun? I've played up to level 5 so far and it's just not doing anything for me.

That's basically where I'm at. I finally scored a copy off goozex, but I'm leaning back to Demon's Souls because Borderlands isn't grabbing me yet ... 'lots of fetch this ...' stuff missions. I do like the art style/music.

I'm going to try and get my brother to come down on a weekend and play some splitscreen co-op to see if it improves. I don't have a mic or bluetooth, so I'm not sure online would work very well.

Edited by rothgar24, 10 March 2010 - 06:02 AM.

#285 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:34 AM

lvl 5 is like less than 10 mins in, you have to play more
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#286 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

Spoiler

Yeah, I'm doing Marcus's extra missions now. Where can I find more Jetpacks to kill? I've looked everywhere, and I only need six! Anybody know where I can find some?
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#287 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, I'm doing Marcus's extra missions now. Where can I find more Jetpacks to kill? I've looked everywhere, and I only need six! Anybody know where I can find some?

I would either try those outposts on the long stretch of highway that the Lance occupy. There's usually 3-5 Rocketqueer's in there. Or I would try Circle of Duty. I forget which round it is when they start throwing out Rocketeer's in the very beginning. That mission is very tough though.

But speaking of those jetpack assholes. When I was starting out on that dlc. Those guys and those frickin' probes were the two that gave me the most hassle.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#288 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

I know what you mean. I just finished the mission and found out that there's another time limit. I may try the glitch this time. Also tried to get crawmerax BY MYSELF lat night. BTW, I'm lvl 42. Worst. Idea. Ever. I lasted all of two seconds. ANybody who has a 360 copy want to help me?

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#289 mis0

mis0

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

Really gotta level up my Siren to get some good co-op going. Haven't had time because of finals week. Boo-urns! :cold:

[mis0's tradelist]

#290 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

I think I am at level 17 or so now. I jumped on with a few random people, it is annoying though... I hate that their open missions just jump into my log book, even when I have no idea what is going on with them. If they get a mission, I don't see it (which I think everyone should see it in a CO-OP game). Plus random people just run around as fast as they can with no regard for anyone else.

Or you get in a game with some who just wants to fight you. Definitely better suited to be played with people you know... or at least who you know want to play right.

#291 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

My problem when I played with randoms, was that they would take ALL of the good loot. I was left with their leftovers, and it really ruined the experience for me. Hey, maybe we should make a crawmerax run thread.

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#292 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

I'm a level 20 Soldier and I lean heavily towards a shotgun / assault rifle configuration. I bought the game because a friend wanted to play it with me, and he hasn't picked it up yet. I'm free to do runs Thursday nights, and Saturday / Sunday mornings.

#293 Hyd12o

Hyd12o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:33 AM

I thought I'd try here since this is the Borderlands thread, I was wondering if any of you were interested in the 3 Borderlands DLC that they have out. Over in the PSN Gamesharing thread, we're trying to form a group to split the costs of all 3. In the end, it'd be $6 for each person. We already have 2 people, we just need 3 more. Thanks for looking. Whenever the 4th comes out, we can split that also if the group wants.

3 more spots available. It's for the 3 Borderlands DLC. $6 a person and you get all 3:

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
Zombie Island of Dr. Ned

Here's the post: http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=8844

and here's the thread: http://www.cheapassg...rlands&page=443
Loo Loo Loo...

#294 isd71

isd71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:26 AM

Just finished the original game a few minutes ago.
Spoiler
I need to play some coop and maybe try out another class. I played as a hunter my first time.

#295 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

do you have to complete the DLC trophies to get a platinum in this game?
Posted Image

#296 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:06 AM

do you have to complete the DLC trophies to get a platinum in this game?

You never need DLC trophies for a plat.

#297 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Just finished the original game a few minutes ago.

Spoiler
I need to play some coop and maybe try out another class. I played as a hunter my first time.

Spoiler
I enjoyed the game overall, I have only a few simple trophies to pick up and that should give me the platinum!!!!! Right now I'm on Level 42. Hopefully, I can finish up this weekend. I have no interests in any of the other classes a this point. I just wish I could have a base where i could keep my guns. Like a gun gallery... you know I have one gun that I got early on, but I used it for the entire game, plus I'm still using it on the second playthrough. I forgot the name, but its an SMG w/ x4 acid.. definitely my favorite.
Posted Image

#298 xXBrandonHeatXx

xXBrandonHeatXx

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

So I finally gave in and got this the other day and I must say...this is one game I could spend hours on end. Anyways, I was wanting to play online sometime, Zero Omega420 is my PSN and I have a lvl13 soldier right now.

#299 jax2001

jax2001

Finish AC:B

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Just got this a couple weeks ago. lvl 22 Hunter if anyone wants to play online. psn jax2001.

Edited by jax2001, 20 April 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#300 isd71

isd71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

Just beat all of Knoxx but the 61 mission. The DLC was really fun and I enjoyed it alot.
Spoiler