Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands - Gen. Discussion & Info - OUT NOW (8.0 GS, 8.8 IGN, 88 Metacritic)

• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#31 BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Damn, I just picked this up for the PS3 yesterday hoping that it would be a good multiplayer game.. I haven't had a chance to play it much yet, or see the issues for myself. Well hopefully the issues will get sorted out quickly! If anyone else has it and wants to try out the multiplayer look me up on the psn. My PSN ID is Decollo

#32 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Quickness...

"We are very pleased to report that using PSN friends lists with the game should now work properly for all PS3 customers. The fix has been released invisibly and should work automatically for all PSN users on the PS3 platform. No special action is required by PS3 customers to apply the fix - just play the game and you'll find that everything works fine now. We thank you all for your patience and for making us aware of the issue!"

#33 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:16 AM

I played splitscreen for the last couple of hours, and the only problem I experienced was that I was booted off the PSN about 1 1/2 hours in. Thing is, I get problem a lot with other games too, so I doubt it has anything to do with the game itself.
Anyway, I do like the game but find the constant enemy respawn a bit annoying. I went to do the blind cripple guy's mission (ol' whatshisface) and we had to run from the constant enemy spam. We were at only level 3-4, not skilled enough to just drop those dudes from a distance.

Fun game overall so far, well worth $40 Canadian. I like Claptrap. He's pretty funny, in an annoying way :bouncy:

Posted Image

#34 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

Just spent nearly 9 hours playing (6 or so coop with randy) and no real issues. I did notice a little lag, but nothing really severe.

And yeah... enemy spawn can be a little annoying at times. They're not endless, but can seem like it. Just make sure you're not too far below the enemy or you're asking to get killed. :lol:

#35 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:54 AM

VOIP is a mess. I was getting some stuttering with the in-game audio tonight, as well.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#36 BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

I played last night for a solid 4 hours. It's a lot of fun and the weapons do add some decent variety. I'm playing as the sniper, but I might try a different character cuz i'm not sure i'm a big fan of his skill tree. What characters have you guys tried?

#37 doc_zaius

doc_zaius

Beware the beast, Man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

I'm playing as Brick and looking for co-op players. my PSN is Zaius9000.

#38 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

I haven't experimented with the classes but I'm a survivor and randy is a firefly.
I like my guy.

#39 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

This game's got issues: the skill tree for the Siren Assassin is busted.

#40 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

I haven't experimented with the classes but I'm a survivor and randy is a firefly.
I like my guy.

Isn't there soldier, brick, siren and sniper? I'm the sniper and the wife is siren. I don't mind Mordecai but I wish I had started with something basic like soldier or brick.

When you said I'm a survivor, my first thought

:lol:

Posted Image

#41 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:30 PM

Class mods my dear old one.

#42 Count

Count

Freestyle soccer !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

This game rocks lol.
The Zombie DLC may be released next week.
..:: My Youtube ::..
Funny Infamous 2 Glitch

Creators-Club

Currently Playing:
Mass Effect 3 :ps3: / Music ~ :psp: / San Andreas :360:

#43 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

What levels are you guys on?
My friend and I have been playing together but we wouldn't mind joining or hosting some games. I think we're both 17ish now. He's a soldier, I'm the hunter.

I've only seen Randy playing it and he was about 7 levels ahead of me last I checked.

#44 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:43 PM

what happens exactly in co-op action when 2 parties are way different classes? I'm only on lvl 4...

Posted Image

#45 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

Well, apparently you can't join unless your within 10 levels or something.
I wouldn't mind joining your game with a new character though, would be fun to play as another type.

#46 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

I've only seen Randy playing it and he was about 7 levels ahead of me last I checked.

IIRC, I'm at level 21 or 22. I've been playing with DD83/Mguiddy, and he's right around the same level.

#47 MaskedPlague

MaskedPlague

Plague 2.01

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:23 AM

I just picked up this game if anyone is up for some coop. I will be on later tonight for a while.

#48 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:54 AM

Well, apparently you can't join unless your within 10 levels or something.
I wouldn't mind joining your game with a new character though, would be fun to play as another type.

Actually my level 4 sniper got along just fine with DD & randy. Minus DD's driving at one point 8-)

I would recommend weak players join a stronger party since leveling up seems much faster

Posted Image

#49 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

Actually my level 4 sniper got along just fine with DD & randy.

If by "got along just fine" you mean "died every 4-6 minutes" (especially during that battle with the giant bat that was shitting fire on us) then, yes, you got along just fine. ;)

#50 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

:rofl:
I think he end up owing money to the New-U system by the end of that.

#51 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

You guys have a point, let me edit my last post:

I would recommend weak players join a stronger and somewhat competent party since leveling up seems much faster

Wonder if I'll get an invite tonight... :-\"

Posted Image

#52 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

Updated the thread with the IGN and GS reviews and Metacritic page - The game seems to be getting great reviews so far (all but 2 are in the 80+ range). Can't wait to get my hands on this game whenever that may be. So many good games out now / coming out in the near future.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#53 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

How are you guys faring with the online co-op mode? I have tried to join 4 different games tonight. Got disconnects on 3 of them and on the forth one the lag was so huge that there was a 3-4 second delay from hitting the fire button to the time the gun actually fired.
Posted Image

#54 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:09 AM

meh bought it, after watching the trailer, I think I'll return my copy and wait for a demo

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#55 Soujiro_Seta

Soujiro_Seta

Restless Soul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:14 AM

I picked it up today at best buy and played it for a bit. I really like it so far. I'm only lvl 7. I don't know anyone else who owns it so if anyone wants to play please add me on PSN!

#56 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:47 AM

So I unlocked my third weapon slot which shows up as d-pad left in the menu, but in-game it's d-pad right. That is like an unprecedented level of QA failure. :lol:

Fun game, though.

#57 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:20 AM

meh bought it, after watching the trailer, I think I'll return my copy and wait for a demo

Dumbass. ;)

#58 dmunkee

dmunkee

Shovel Crew Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

My copy should be coming in this week, definitely looming forward to playing with CAGs. Though I will admit I'm pretty average at FPSers.

#59 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

So I unlocked my third weapon slot which shows up as d-pad left in the menu, but in-game it's d-pad right. That is like an unprecedented level of QA failure. :lol:

Do you have your controls set on Lefty? I read that somewhere. In any case it's worked fine for me.

What they need to do is issue a patch to fix the disabled Siren skills.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#60 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

Do you have your controls set on Lefty? I read that somewhere. In any case it's worked fine for me.

I'm using Resistant or whatever has R1 to shoot. I'll test it out the next time I'm on.