Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands - Gen. Discussion & Info - OUT NOW (8.0 GS, 8.8 IGN, 88 Metacritic)

• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#211 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

The enemies scale to the level of the player(s). The impressions I've read of the new DLC are horrible (it's boring, repetitive, rounds are too long, no experience, no loot, etc). I'd get Zombie Island before getting Mad Moxi if I were you.

#212 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

I've heard mix things that there is loot after each wave or round? some say no though.

SnoT8282.png

#213 cdietschrun

cdietschrun

Over the Hills, Far Away

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:41 AM

Can anyone tell me how far I am?
Spoiler

"Where there are cardboard boxes, there will always be Solid Snake." - MGS Database

#214 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:46 AM

Just finished the last boss. Ended out with my Soldier on Level 37 Tactician. Now what? I still have some trophies to unlock, but damn.....how in the hell am I going to cap out at 50?!
Posted Image
Support NGAME.TV / Made a permanent switch to Ubuntu...Feels Good Man.

#215 marella152

marella152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:22 AM

Just finished the last boss. Ended out with my Soldier on Level 37 Tactician. Now what? I still have some trophies to unlock, but damn.....how in the hell am I going to cap out at 50?!

2nd playthrough brotha.
all the enemies are leveled and have sweet new names.
I finished the game at level 36. I started the 2nd playthrough and the first bandits in the game were level 34. Bruisers are now called Brutes and 'badass..' enemies are "badmotha..'
New weapons, new loot, new awesome.
Posted Image

support your video game addiction with some extra cash!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=245715

#216 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:30 AM

2nd playthrough brotha.
all the enemies are leveled and have sweet new names.
I finished the game at level 36. I started the 2nd playthrough and the first bandits in the game were level 34. Bruisers are now called Brutes and 'badass..' enemies are "badmotha..'
New weapons, new loot, new awesome.

Sweet Nectar of Life! That sounds like fun! I still need to snag a couple more Claptraps so I might be a little busy before I take on that second play through. Thanks for the heads up. Should I go ahead and download Dr. Neds Zombie Island and beat that before I do the second quest?
Posted Image

#217 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:12 AM

Sweet Nectar of Life! That sounds like fun! I still need to snag a couple more Claptraps so I might be a little busy before I take on that second play through. Thanks for the heads up. Should I go ahead and download Dr. Neds Zombie Island and beat that before I do the second quest?

If you're getting Zombie Island, yeah, do that before leveling up much past where you are now. The enemies there don't scale (unless that's been patched... though I doubt it) and they're all around 39 if I recall correctly.

#218 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

If it's anything like the PC version, the Zombie Island will scale to you. I don't know if it sets its level to what you are when you first entered, to what you are now, or what. Just know that entering on my lvl 44 Siren presented me with lvl 44 zombies.

#219 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

Okay... Just looked back in the thread... The enemies were all 43-44, not around 39 like I said earlier. I was just remembering wrong. Playing through with a 50 made it too easy.

#220 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

Would you guys reccomend this game to a 2 month PS3 owner? HEre are the games i got

LBP GOTY
Resistance 2
MGS4
Simpsons game
Infamous
Uncharted 2

#221 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:56 AM

at least suggest borderlands if you're going to post here. :P

:-s

#222 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

Is there any chance any of you might be able to help me obtain the 'and they tell two friends' trophy?

#223 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:59 AM

Play one game online. That thing gets passed around like a STD. If you still don't have it, I'll help you out.

:-s

#224 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

I just started playing this over the weekend and I love it. Very fun game indeed.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

DahkX.png

#225 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

I just started playing this over the weekend and I love it. Very fun game indeed.

If you need help on any of the missions my gamertag is DCstarClassic. I dont grab cash or weapons, I have everything I need. Its all yours. I just want to obtain the multiplayer trophies.
Posted Image

#226 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

If you need help on any of the missions my gamertag is DCstarClassic. I dont grab cash or weapons, I have everything I need. Its all yours. I just want to obtain the multiplayer trophies.

one thing that i love about this game is that if a player picks up money, it gets given to every player.

#227 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

one thing that i love about this game is that if a player picks up money, it gets given to every player.

Yeah money and XP is shared, which is great.

Posted Image

#228 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:39 AM

http://kotaku.com/54...dd on-pack-disc

Not quite what I was looking for in a DLC bundle. :-k Maybe there's hope of a 3-pack ending up on the PSN store.

#229 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

Picked this up yesterday. I'm a lvl8 so far and I'm enjoying it.

#230 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

Game night? I have only been playing this thing in single player, so yeah it gets repetitive real quick.

#231 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:23 AM

I'm up for some co-op. I mostly play Saturday and Sunday between 10am-2pm EST.

#232 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:35 AM

Just beat the fnal boss. Man was the ending dissapointing...

Currently Playing
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

DahkX.png

#233 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

Just beat the fnal boss. Man was the ending dissapointing...

Hopefully the new expansion will be different. You're not the only one who was let down by the ending. Fighting my way to the damn guy was harder then actually fighting it.

#234 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:13 AM

The first time I beat it, my character was on the verge of dying. No one was able to revive me be because the ending was going and I ended up missing part of the ending. Haha. I had to beat the boss a second time to see the entire thing, but was disappointed by the ending anyways.

#235 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

everyone i know says the ending is the worst thing ever. A friend told me that Borderlands was GOTY for him one week, and the next week (after he finished it), he refused to recommend the game to anyone and frowned when I said I bought it.

#236 cdietschrun

cdietschrun

Over the Hills, Far Away

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

It's not that big a friggin deal. What matters is how you enjoy playing the entire rest of the game, where, you know, you have fun.
"Where there are cardboard boxes, there will always be Solid Snake." - MGS Database

#237 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

Looks like the 3rd expansion will be coming out this week.
The Secret Armory of General Knoxx $9.99 And a raise in the level cap to 61

http://borderlands.w...f_General_Knoxx for more features.

#238 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:41 AM

As well as a new patch... that doesn't fix voip!:roll:

#239 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

Add me if you want to play, I plan on beating this game this week with my Siren, then my Soldier (both lvl 25). If I can get a couple games with higher lvl players I can gain more xp in a faster manner. And I am interested in getting the multiplayer trophies as well.

#240 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

everyone i know says the ending is the worst thing ever. A friend told me that Borderlands was GOTY for him one week, and the next week (after he finished it), he refused to recommend the game to anyone and frowned when I said I bought it.

The ending sucks hard. REALLY HARD, but the rest of the game is enjoyable, plus the developer seems keen on continual support, with all these DLC packs being released. I rented the game when it came out, and just picked it up again because of how much Gearbox is supporting it, plus I really want that platinum.
To each his own.