Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Borderlands - Gen. Discussion & Info - OUT NOW (8.0 GS, 8.8 IGN, 88 Metacritic)

• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#241 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

Looking foward to this DLC. Sounds better then Mad Moxxi's dlc IMO. I liked the music and the new character Mad Moxxi, but that dlc is just too time consuming and if you're playing with lvl 50's its even worse. Its easier to go splitscreen with a lower lvl character as lead, but still time consuming. I just have the 3 bigger challenges left... Guess I should finish that...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#242 Soujiro_Seta

Soujiro_Seta

Restless Soul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

Is the new dlc out yet? I don't feel like hooking up my ps3. And if it's out anyone know how much it is? $9.99?

#243 yohsh

yohsh

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:33 AM

Yep 9.99, downloading it right now. Cant wait to kill some more things and collect some cool guns.

uc.png

#244 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

Ok, I need help. I bought and downloaded the DLC. I keep on trying to install it but I get error 80029564 after 14 percent. Any tips?

#245 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:03 AM

Ok, I need help. I bought and downloaded the DLC. I keep on trying to install it but I get error 80029564 after 14 percent. Any tips?

sounds like a corripted file, you will probably have to delete it and then redownload the file.

#246 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

Wow oh wow, this is some good dlc. But be prepared to lose some money in game. I've died countless times from the fucking Lance. I really hated Old Haven because that town was filled with 'em and so is this place. But I love a challenge. I like some of the new baddies to kill. Those drifters are insane! They jump on you once and its over! And you can't outrun these Daddy-Long-Legs on steroids! Midgets on Skags are downright hilarious. I really like this dlc that gearbox has put out and hope for more in the future.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#247 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

Corrosive weapons are your friend against the Lance, at least once I started using a corrosive sniper in Old Haven it became a lot easier.

#248 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

what is good level on a first playthrough to go to the new area?

#249 method47

method47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

I started a second playthrough a few months ago after I completed my first, but never really played it much after that. Can I just buy the DLC and play them from the beginning of my second playthrough?

#250 dmunkee

dmunkee

Shovel Crew Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

what is good level on a first playthrough to go to the new area?

While the levels of the enemies do scale, I believe the General Knoxx DLC is meant to take place after the end of the main play through.

Can I just buy the DLC and play them from the beginning of my second playthrough?

You should be able to access the DLC at any point in the game once you have it installed. I seem to remember that you had to be at least lvl. 10 to go to zombie island, but after that you should be good to go.

I don't have the new DLC yet, but more I see and hear of it the more I want it. Backlog be damned.

#251 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Corrosive weapons are your friend against the Lance, at least once I started using a corrosive sniper in Old Haven it became a lot easier.

Yea, I figured that out when I finally got to level 56 and was able to use this corrosive revolver. Takes 'em down fast. Those pyro's are a bitch though since my siren has phoenix maxed out and are not effective by it. But that gun solves that problem. Already killed Knoxx and he was more of an annoyance with him spawning his devestators and medics. Wish they'd give us more time to loot, because alot of the stuff I grabbed I wasn't even looking at. Just snatching in a mad frenzy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#252 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

Beat Crawmerax last night solo. Made a decent haul. No pearls though. Anybody looking to team up and get better weapons with Crawmerax or do the armory glitch? A Hunter with +2 or 3 rare item find and a berserker with 30% team damage would be sweet.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#253 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hey def, ever hear of a little thing called SPOILER TAGS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!??????!?!?!?!?!? I don't have this yet, and your posts are very borderline spoiler.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#254 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

Take 2 confirms more DLC!

#255 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

I just jizzed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#256 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

Has each DLC pack been $10 so far? This is getting pretty expensive.

#257 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

At this point I'm about to sell off my copy and wait for the inevitable re-release with all the DLC

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#258 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

At this point I'm about to sell off my copy and wait for the inevitable re-release with all the DLC

I might do this too. I still have a sealed copy lying around.

#259 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:40 AM

Has each DLC pack been $10 so far? This is getting pretty expensive.

Yeah, but from what I hear, at least two of those are worth it. I actually haven't played any yet, since I just started up again.
To each his own.

#260 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:21 AM

Hey def, ever hear of a little thing called SPOILER TAGS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!??????!?!?!?!?!? I don't have this yet, and your posts are very borderline spoiler.

I'm sorry I wouldn't consider that a spoiler. This is a spoiler.

Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#261 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I clicked it anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!@!????? You just knew I would be tempted to click it didn't you?

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#262 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:01 AM

Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I clicked it anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!@!????? You just knew I would be tempted to click it didn't you?

Yup.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#263 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

Why would you do that????? LOL!! It's cool, I actually wasn't planning on getting the underdome DLC, so it's good to know some of this stuff. I seriously thought you were going to say something completely unrelated like confessing your love for bananas. Awesome!!!!!

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#264 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:16 AM

I still haven't started this game... I hope to soon. Need to get a friend with the game so we can go through together. I also hope the DLC gets a disc release like the 360 version has.

#265 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:18 AM

Oh yeah, this is a PS3 thread. I have the 360 version, so I was like, "WTF??? There IS a disc version!!!" but then I remembered!!!!

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#266 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:19 AM

Why would you do that????? LOL!! It's cool, I actually wasn't planning on getting the underdome DLC, so it's good to know some of this stuff. I seriously thought you were going to say something completely unrelated like confessing your love for bananas. Awesome!!!!!

Just kinda irritated by all the question marks and exclamation points. And I knew I could bait you. :applause:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#267 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

Well, just for that,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#268 FluxDF

FluxDF

"Grrr" face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:08 AM

When does this game start to be fun? I've played up to level 5 so far and it's just not doing anything for me.

#269 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:12 AM

You got a long way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#270 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

When does this game start to be fun? I've played up to level 5 so far and it's just not doing anything for me.

I would say when you loot great guns (or great at that time), understanding your character when leveling up and making he/she more of a badass. And playing with people online. I usually play splitsceen or online with one other person, but it really gets interesting when you join with three other people and raise havoc togeather. The baddies become stronger, the loot becomes more valuable, etc. Its always alot of fun, having a team that is every character and not some repeats. Because class mods sometimes tend to help not only yourself, but the team.
Spoiler
I think I was level 20 when I got the hang of it and knew what I was doing. I was around your level just starting out and wasn't sure if I liked it. But like any RPG, it only gets good when you're a higher level. What character are you?
Posted ImagePosted Image