Photo
- - - - -

Official (2014-2015) College Football Thread Florida State#1

• Please log in to reply
2989 replies to this topic

#331 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

forgot to bump the original thread last night... was late 3 hrs and a new thread was already made by our good man dmaul...can a mod combine?

My bad, did a quick search and didn't see this thread. I reported mine and asked the mods to merge it here.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#332 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'm sure it's annoying being an Auburn fan, but Alabama is the main state school and has the bigger following. People in the state grow up rooting for them in greater numbers than the do Auburn regardless of whether they go to Alabama. Where as a larger portion of Auburn fans are probably Alums.

I just hate when people think anyone who didn't go to a school is some bandwagon fan.

I was a WVU fan since I was old enough to care about sports as my parents are die hard fans (and neither of them went to college period)--I went there, but would have went out of state for college if my parents could have afforded it.

Being an Auburn fan isn't annoying at all. It's great, one of the best things that ever happened to me. It's having to deal with redneck Alabama fans and their mythical national championships that is the problem. It's not the quantity of the fans that is the problem, it's the quality.

Going further, the majority of the people I am talking about have never stepped foot in Tuscaloosa county on a weekday , nor can they spell Tuscaloosa. If you're not from Alabama you just don't understand.

#333 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

I'm meant that Alabama fans have to be annoying being an Auburn fan--not that being an Auburn fan was annoying!

I get it totally. But Alabama is the state school, it's going to get the majority of fans in the state, and there is nothing wrong with rooting for a team when you didn't go to the school, or have never been near the campus. People can root for whoever they like. Out of my pro teams for instance, the Braves are the only one I've ever lived remotely near--and that's only since July.

Plenty of reason to hate Bama fans. Not going to Bama or having ties to the school (beyond it being the state school) isn't a good one was my point. :D That's just the way it is with the main state school. More people in GA are going to root for UGA than Georgia Tech. In OK more for Oklahoma than Oklahoma State.....more for Texas than Texas Tech or Texas A&M. Plenty of reason to hate fans rather than caring whether they went to the school or not. It's just what most people grow up rooting for because it's who their parents rooted for etc.

And I'm damn glad I'm not from Bama. I fucking hate the south. I love Atlanta though, but it's the only place I'd ever consider living anywhere in the south. It feels like a more laid back version of a northeast city to me.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#334 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

The endings of the OSU VS Navy and UNI VS Iowa games were letdowns. The QB for Navy should have just pulled it down and ran it in as he had a really nice lane open up. As for UNI, no matter how bad you are, you should be able to at least be able to not let them block 2 field goals in a row.

Though I like Harnish, can't wait to watch the Huskies get stomped on by the Badgers
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#335 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

My bad, did a quick search and didn't see this thread. I reported mine and asked the mods to merge it here.

its all good man, how was Wvu today? Currently watching the Ga OSU game

#336 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

Not great. Won 33-20 against Liberty. Offense looked good, especially Brown at QB, other than settling for FGs on 3 drives when they were pretty deep in Liberty territory. But the defense and kick off coverage were pretty crappy.

I'm watching UGA-OSU as well.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#337 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:14 AM

so far, some good games this weekend. nothing amazing though... other than the oklahoma game

#338 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

It will be amusing to see how much Ohio State gets crushed by USC next week. My parents are going to the game, my dad's boss gave him tickets. It'll be their first Ohio State game and they are both very excited (OSU is my alma mater), so I'm sure they'll love it even though OSU will lose very badly.

As a side note, I never went to a game in my 4 years there. I'm just not a sports person, though I do follow the OSU (and Michigan :lol:) scores every football season just to be in the loop.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#339 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:02 PM

It will be amusing to see how much Ohio State gets crushed by USC next week. My parents are going to the game, my dad's boss gave him tickets. It'll be their first Ohio State game and they are both very excited (OSU is my alma mater), so I'm sure they'll love it even though OSU will lose very badly.

As a side note, I never went to a game in my 4 years there. I'm just not a sports person, though I do follow the OSU (and Michigan :lol:) scores every football season just to be in the loop.

oh yeah, i'll definitely watch that game next week too. OSU games are awesome fun to go to especially tailgating beforehand. Make sure they go to Champs while they are in town :) love it

#340 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Go Kentucky!......

#341 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

Went to the KU game. Good times!
http://scalpthescalper.blogspot.com/

My resource blog for buying tickets from scalpers. Check out how much $$$ I have saved buying tickets from scalpers.

#342 scuba t

scuba t

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:08 AM

Alabama had a rough first 3 quarters. They can't beat the SEC with field goals.

#343 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:08 AM

What stinks worse, Alabama or wombat?

#344 HuBu

HuBu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:27 AM

I'm meant that Alabama fans have to be annoying being an Auburn fan--not that being an Auburn fan was annoying!

I get it totally. But Alabama is the state school, it's going to get the majority of fans in the state, and there is nothing wrong with rooting for a team when you didn't go to the school, or have never been near the campus. People can root for whoever they like. Out of my pro teams for instance, the Braves are the only one I've ever lived remotely near--and that's only since July.

Plenty of reason to hate Bama fans. Not going to Bama or having ties to the school (beyond it being the state school) isn't a good one was my point. :D That's just the way it is with the main state school. More people in GA are going to root for UGA than Georgia Tech. In OK more for Oklahoma than Oklahoma State.....more for Texas than Texas Tech or Texas A&M. Plenty of reason to hate fans rather than caring whether they went to the school or not. It's just what most people grow up rooting for because it's who their parents rooted for etc.

And I'm damn glad I'm not from Bama. I fucking hate the south. I love Atlanta though, but it's the only place I'd ever consider living anywhere in the south. It feels like a more laid back version of a northeast city to me.

And being from Miami, I hate Sabin even more.

3DS FC 2964 8633 0039 (Send PM if you added me)

#345 scuba t

scuba t

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:50 AM

I don't know if anybody heard about it but Stillman College a small college here in Tuscaloosa had to cancel its football game because of an outbreak of the flu and swine flu throughout the team.

#346 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

Alabama had a rough first 3 quarters. They can't beat the SEC with field goals.

You do realize that Virginia Tech has one of the best defenses in the nation... Alabama will easily go straight to the SEC Title game with Florida. The rest of the conference will be eaten alive by both schools. This year the SEC is top heavy (unlike previous years where all teams were good) with Alabama and Florida running the table.

As for the SEC... let's break down the season so far... LSU almost lost to PAC-10 bottom feeder Washington (who was 0-12 last year)... South Carolina looked like crap vs ACC bottom feeder NC State (defense had nothing to do with poor play on both teams)... OK State took down Georgia... And the rest of the conference set up with cupcake teams such as Charleston Southern, Jackson St, Western Kentucky, and the list goes on.

On an SEC side note: Can Florida play a true competitive school besides Florida St for their out of conference?? I mean Charleston Southern, Troy, and FIU this year... come on.

#347 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

I'm sure it's annoying being an Auburn fan, but Alabama is the main state school and has the bigger following. People in the state grow up rooting for them in greater numbers than the do Auburn regardless of whether they go to Alabama. Where as a larger portion of Auburn fans are probably Alums.

Not really true. Alabama fans tend to be more vocal and have a more well-known (national) history. Both schools are relatively the same size and I would estimate the following to be split relatively even within the state, 50/50. But you do have to understand, around these parts Alabama/Auburn is pretty much a religion right next to southern baptist so you best take care to pick a side if you ever move here.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#348 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:44 AM

This Miami/FSU game is turning out to be the best of the weekend. The QB from Miami has made some amazing plays in the second half.

#349 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:46 AM

This game tonight is proof positive of why they need to abolish the Pre-Season poll. FSU is always overrated. And you know what? Here are some other teams that are always overrated:

- Ohio State (can't win a Bowl game)
- Virginia Tech (They lose their first game every year)
- Every Big East team (Cincinnati won it last year, who knows about this year)
- Notre Dame when they're in the Top 10
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#350 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:55 AM

Yeah that was a hell of a game. Miami holds on to win 38-34, with FSU having several plays from their 5 or closer in the final seconds and couldn't get the TD.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#351 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:56 AM

No Big East teams are ranked in the pre season polls this year.....

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#352 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:15 AM

While they were ranked low (something like 24 or so), I was surprised to see them ranked at all when they showed that they were playing Michigan for next week.

#353 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:17 AM

I think everybody thought that final play was a touchdown at first. When they reviewed it though, I personally hoped they reversed it just to see their reactions. But yeah, crazy game. And the FSU kicker. Awesome with the long FGs, but couldn't hit an XP to save his life. First was wide, and the other, while it did go in, shanked off the right upright.

#354 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:41 AM

I am a HUGE Miami fan, man that game was the best I have ever seen. I know thats a big thing to say, but from start to finish it was non-stop action. I still can't belive it went down like that in the last few minutes.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#355 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

O H I O State!

You better hope they play better on D against USC cause they should have lost to Navy and USC's Offense is way better than Navy's.

Hopefully, Michigan can keep the momentum against Norte Dame since this could change both their season's early and could be a help to the winning side in ranking later down the line.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#356 moonknight25

moonknight25

Simply Incredible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

FSU fans will get heartbroken again in a few weeks against BYU and USF........

Posted Image

#357 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

FSU fans will get heartbroken again in a few weeks against BYU and USF........

We will see about BYU (as could their win been a fluke because of Bradford being injured)but USF will be defeated. A few mistakes last night will be corrected by that time... i.e.
1) Cornerback/Safety play - we gave up big yards due to Cornerbacks and our safety biting on plays they shouldn't bite on. This was due to inexperience.
2) Playcalling - the biggest mistakes came down the stretch. We put a linebacker on Travis Benjamin when he caught the pass (for 40 yards) on the last drive for Miami... who does that... In addition, you don't run Jones 4 times in a row. How about after the second one doing a play action pass... hmm... also, the worst call of the game was calling on the goal line offense (personnel changes) while the clock ran down 20-30 seconds instead of using the timeout to bring them out.

Both things will be worked out. I am not taking away from Miami. They played a great game. Their whole team came to play. Good luck to them for their upcoming tough games.

Like someone else said, I found it weird that our kicker could hit a 52 yard kick yet miss one extra point and almost shank another. Granted, this is his first collegiate game so it could be nerves.

#358 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:33 PM

This game tonight is proof positive of why they need to abolish the Pre-Season poll. FSU is always overrated. And you know what? Here are some other teams that are always overrated:

- Ohio State (can't win a Bowl game)
- Virginia Tech (They lose their first game every year)
- Every Big East team (Cincinnati won it last year, who knows about this year)

You can say that about pretty much every team. Oklahoma was down to BYU while Bradford was still playing... Why would Oklahoma be ranked in number 3 in the nation? LSU almost lost to 0-12 Washington... Why is LSU even ranked at all? I could go on about the top 25. As for VT, who cares about the first game... At least VT has the balls to play a Division 1 Top 5 squad unlike Florida/Texas/USC/etc who all play non-Division 1 teams in their opening weeks.

It's prerankings. The majority of teams will fall in and out all season long. BCS/AP Poll rankings are all judgemental. Until there is a playoff, you will never know who the best team is.

On another note, I love how ESPN/ABC is hyping the USC/Ohio St game. We all know USC is going to completely wipe the floor with them. The game should be over about midway through the second.

#359 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

Let's keep posting in this thread. New season=New thread.

#360 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

We will see about BYU (as could their win been a fluke because of Bradford being injured)but USF will be defeated. A few mistakes last night will be corrected by that time... i.e.
1) Cornerback/Safety play - we gave up big yards due to Cornerbacks and our safety biting on plays they shouldn't bite on. This was due to inexperience.
2) Playcalling - the biggest mistakes came down the stretch. We put a linebacker on Travis Benjamin when he caught the pass (for 40 yards) on the last drive for Miami... who does that... In addition, you don't run Jones 4 times in a row. How about after the second one doing a play action pass... hmm... also, the worst call of the game was calling on the goal line offense (personnel changes) while the clock ran down 20-30 seconds instead of using the timeout to bring them out.

Both things will be worked out. I am not taking away from Miami. They played a great game. Their whole team came to play. Good luck to them for their upcoming tough games.

Like someone else said, I found it weird that our kicker could hit a 52 yard kick yet miss one extra point and almost shank another. Granted, this is his first collegiate game so it could be nerves.

I do agree with your second point, the play calling got worse as the game went on, 3 straight incomplete passes to the same guy. come on. I don't believe Bradford would of made a difference. He was not playing like a Hiesman QB of last year. BYU came to play, really good team pretty much every year, but their roadblock is always TCU and Utah.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?