Official (2014-2015) College Football Thread Florida State#1

• Please log in to reply
2995 replies to this topic

#931 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

The MWC is now a better football conference than the Big East: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5276064

#932 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

FSU didn't belong at 6-6, just got in because it was Bowden's last game....

But I wouldn't beat your chest over that win. WVU was a pretty poor team last year. We were just 9-3 from playing in the Big Least and playing no one out of conference. Even then we got lucky to win at the end against UCONN and had a couple other close calls.

If WVU was in any other BCS league last year we'd have had a losing record.

It had little to do with Bowden's last game. The bowls know that the Seminole fans travel for games (ala they know they will get paid). Hence, why our bowl games each year are pretty much sell outs. Heck, the Gator Bowl added seats this past year to hold the amount that were coming for Bowden's last game. Even last years game, you should have noticed the stadium is 3/4 made up of FSU fans (this is what the majority of bowl games look like).

Just read that. I was really thinking USC was going to come back like a motherer this year, but after all this? Daaaaayaamm.

Whatever, good news for the Ducks. Except all the other problems we have...

Good luck with that. The Pac-10 looks awefully weak this upcoming year. USC loses McKnight and probably a bunch of recruits. Your Ducks lose star QB Masoli and LaMichael James is on thin ice. Stanford loses their workhorse. The rest of the conference is a bust. The Pac-10 is still a joke; almost as bad as the Big Least.

It isn't really much of a surprise, but ESPN just reported that Boise State is headed to the Mountain West. The official announcement is supposed to be sometime today.

"Due to the uncertainty in the intercollegiate landscape, the board did not make a decision to expand at the present time," Commissoner Craig Thompson said at the end of the board's annual meeting in Jackson, Wyo. "The Mountain West will continue to monitor developments ... and prepare for potential scenarios."

Wow... that last all one week. :applause: Personally though I think Boist St is a good fit for their conference.

#933 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Good luck with that. The Pac-10 looks awefully weak this upcoming year. USC loses McKnight and probably a bunch of recruits. Your Ducks lose star QB Masoli and LaMichael James is on thin ice. Stanford loses their workhorse. The rest of the conference is a bust. The Pac-10 is still a joke; almost as bad as the Big Least.

I'd normally respond with a bunch of expletives and say how uneducated about college football you are...but you're right. If the Pac-10 didn't do so goddamn awful in the post-season, I probably would respond like that.

I think LaMichael will be trouble free this season, Masoli is completely gone from the program (I still had hope for next season) and Darren Thomas is also in some hot water because of Masoli. But, I think Nick Costa and Darren Thomas can take the Ducks to a successful season...as successful as another Rose Bowl bid? Probably not. If we had Masoli, I wouldn't have any trouble saying the Ducks WOULD'VE been in the national title hunt. But, I'm fully prepared to be disappointed (again) next season by the Ducks.

Andrew Luck of Stanford is a very good QB I think, he'll need to play a major part in their success.

USC is still a big question mark, given the latest crackdown.Arizona could have another deceptively good team (they've been under the radar a lot lately.) Also, Cal and UCLA could benefit big as a result of the crackdown on USC.

I'm not about to call the Pac-10 a joke though...it's a tough conference every year.

#934 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

I'd normally respond with a bunch of expletives and say how uneducated about college football you are...but you're right. If the Pac-10 didn't do so goddamn awful in the post-season, I probably would respond like that.

I think LaMichael will be trouble free this season, Masoli is completely gone from the program (I still had hope for next season) and Darren Thomas is also in some hot water because of Masoli. But, I think Nick Costa and Darren Thomas can take the Ducks to a successful season...as successful as another Rose Bowl bid? Probably not. If we had Masoli, I wouldn't have any trouble saying the Ducks WOULD'VE been in the national title hunt. But, I'm fully prepared to be disappointed (again) next season by the Ducks.

Andrew Luck of Stanford is a very good QB I think, he'll need to play a major part in their success.

USC is still a big question mark, given the latest crackdown.Arizona could have another deceptively good team (they've been under the radar a lot lately.) Also, Cal and UCLA could benefit big as a result of the crackdown on USC.

I'm not about to call the Pac-10 a joke though...it's a tough conference every year.

Pac-10 has the best QB's in the nation, with that, it makes the Pac-10 at least watchable.

Nick Foles, Matt Barkley, Jake Franchise Locker, Andrew Luck.

Luck and Locker are Top 5 NFL picks.

Barkley and Foles will be top 10 in the 2012 draft.
Posted Image

#935 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

I agree with Masoli you guys were easily a top 10 team; might even gone undefeated with your schedule. Without him, it is anyones guess. Your schedule though looks promising since your only tough games are at Tennessee and at USC.

It's anyone guess if he is truly good. When your RB rushs on average 26 times a game for 144 yards (1/3 of their offensive output himself), it is tough to say how good a QB really is. I guess we will see this year if their team holds up in the standings.

Yes Cal and UCLA could be getting better with the latest crackdown on USC since the recruits that want to stay in state will go with one of the two. I don't know if it would make that much of an impact especially knowing that the top recruits might go out of state.

Now with Nebraska officially part of Big Ten, Jim Delany claims the conference will put expansion on "pause" for the next 12 to 18 months. ( http://sports.yahoo....ansion-nebraska ). He also stated that the Big 10 will have a championship game come 2011. It's about time.

Texas regents are meeting on Tuesday to see if the can keep the Big 12 alive with the remaining 10 members. Mizzou has already stated that they are committed to the Big 12 if it stays around. I guess all eyes are on the University of Texas and what move they make.

#936 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

I hope the Big 12 fails and we get a bunch of mega conferences. Mainly because I keep hearing ESPN analysts say that this will lead to the demise of the BCS system, which is a good thing in my book. I want a playoff!

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#937 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Man this is crazy. I live right in the heart of all of this Big 12 madness. We're just waiting for the official word to come down from Texas that they're moving to the PAC-10 and to put the final nail in Big 12 coffin although I think they will be making a big mistake from an athletics standpoint.

They've had things pretty damn good in the Big 12. Pretty much every year if they win the Red River Shootout then they're a lock for a BCS bid. Pimpin ain't gonna be so easy after they move. It won't happen but I'd like to see the Big 12 keep the remaining 10 teams and rebuild by filling in the holes with TCU and maybe take a shot at Arkansas.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#938 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:53 PM

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dreams of the Pac-16 are ruined!

#939 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:49 AM

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dreams of the Pac-16 are ruined!

I'm glad that the Big 12 will survive. This is really great news for K-State.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#940 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:07 AM

I'm glad that the Big 12 will survive. This is really great news for K-State.

WOW texas stays in big 12... did not see that coming

#941 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:32 AM

WOW texas stays in big 12... did not see that coming

How could you not? What would they get by moving? Money? They already have tons of it. Better recruiting? They already get good recruits. TV airtime? They already get that since they are the big dog in the big 12... err.. 10.

Just as I predicted... nothing major was happening this offseason. I guess the only thing worthwhile was Boise St joining a decent conference. Boy does the Pac 10...err.. 12 (pending Utah) look dumb for taking Colorado :lol:

#942 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

I'm disappointed was really hoping for mega conferences to get closer to a playoff and get WVU out of the Big Least.

As is, I'll probably just start scaling back how closely I follow college football. Have been losing interest ever since the Big East fell apart in 2004. Lack of a playoff and WVU dropping off to only winning 8/9 games on pathetic schedule is putting the final nail in coffin for me.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#943 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

How could you not? What would they get by moving? Money? They already have tons of it. Better recruiting? They already get good recruits. TV airtime? They already get that since they are the big dog in the big 12... err.. 10.

Just as I predicted... nothing major was happening this offseason. I guess the only thing worthwhile was Boise St joining a decent conference. Boy does the Pac 10...err.. 12 (pending Utah) look dumb for taking Colorado :lol:

They would get all 3....by being the first super-conference, teams like USC, Oregon, Texas, and Oklahoma would get even more attention. You say they have all these things, which is right, that's not the point though. The point is they would've gotten MORE of these things, which is what every school wants. They want to improve, get more money, and be get on TV more when they can.

It sounds like they got more of these things with the new Big-12 deal...but as much as they could've gotten in Pac-16? We'll never know that, but I personally would predict not.

#944 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

I'm disappointed was really hoping for mega conferences to get closer to a playoff and get WVU out of the Big Least.

As is, I'll probably just start scaling back how closely I follow college football. Have been losing interest ever since the Big East fell apart in 2004. Lack of a playoff and WVU dropping off to only winning 8/9 games on pathetic schedule is putting the final nail in coffin for me.

Don't get me wrong, I think WVU has had some pretty good teams. But why would you want out of the Big East at this point? Where would you go? I mean, WVU should be in contention for a BCS bid every year. That's almost guaranteed, or was before Pat White left. It's an easy conference.

#945 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:38 AM

Don't get me wrong, I think WVU has had some pretty good teams. But why would you want out of the Big East at this point? Where would you go? I mean, WVU should be in contention for a BCS bid every year. That's almost guaranteed, or was before Pat White left. It's an easy conference.

It's just a boring conference. The only conference game I get excited for is Pitt. I'd rather win 7-8 games a year in say the SEC that compete for the BCS on a schedule of nobodies.

My hope was to end up in the ACC if they went to 16 and/or lost some teams to the SEC.

But anyway, Fuck it. I'm just not going to follow college football very closely anymore. If they start a playoff and/or WVU starts playing non-snooze fest schedules I'll get back into it more.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#946 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5293329
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#947 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:17 AM

Season started tonight, so time for a bump!

Not much going on tonight worth watching. Only good game at the moment is Pitt-Utah. Utah is up 14-7 early in the 3rd, threatening score again.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#948 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:28 AM

Yeah Utah looks really good. I was verry happy with Miami's performance.

Edited by fatmanforlife99, 03 September 2010 - 03:52 AM.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#949 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

Whats everyone think of the new BIG 10 (12) allignment? some rivalries are going to not play every season.
Posted Image

#950 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

Whats everyone think of the new BIG 10 (12) allignment? some rivalries are going to not play every season.

I hate the new big 10, always have.

Props to Utah

#951 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:11 AM

Always puts a :D on my face to see Pitt lose. Especially in heartbreaking fashion!

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#952 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:17 AM

lol

Preseason rankings

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Boise State
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. TCU
7. Oklahoma
8. Nebraska
9. Iowa
10. Virginia Tech
11. Oregon
12. Wisconsin
13. Miami (FL)
14. USC
15. Pitt
16. Georgia Tech
17. Arkansas
18. North Carolina
19. Penn State
20. Florida State
21. LSU
22. Auburn
23. Georgia
24. Oregon State
25. West Virginia

#953 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

Ohio State took care of business and I can't wait for next Saturday vs Miami! Monday night's VA Tech vs Boise State game should be interesting, though I think Tech will take care of them.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#954 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

LETS GO TROJANS!!

Not a bad showing last night. Matt Barkley had that offense rolling. He looked really good leading. 5 touchdown passes - ties school record.

Defense on the other hand looked shaky at times. Let Hawaii take hold of momentum.

Kiffin saying after game that he was disappointed in the execution. But not a bad start when your whole football organization gets a reboot.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#955 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Shaky at times? Hawaii put 588 total yards on SC, 459 coming by air. They also had >50% 3rd down completion.

I'd say it was shaky all game. Barkley's stellar play won the game for them.

#956 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

Florida doesn't look to good so far. This has to be the most boring game ever, every play has been a screen and there hasn't been a play over 15 yards. Also Go Louisville!

#957 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

Florida doesn't look to good so far. This has to be the most boring game ever, every play has been a screen and there hasn't been a play over 15 yards. Also Go Louisville!

Yeah, Flordia does not look like the number 4 team in the nation.

#958 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

WVU took care of Coastal Carolina 31-0.

Defense and special teams were lights out. Offense has a good bit of improving to do. Especially the offensive line. They got beat way to much against a pretty poor team.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#959 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

Louisville lost by 7 to Kentucky. I'll take this as a victory, seeing how we have all new coaches and a new qb, and Kentucky is a pretty solid sec team. Also Powell had 149 yards and a td.

#960 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:10 AM

Bama looked strong, nice seeing 2nd string getting plenty of play time early on.

axlrose4183.png