• Please log in to reply
2991 replies to this topic

#1471 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=caZFEDbgSMY#!
....."I walk to class, J's on my feet. My Jeff Godfries calling QB sneaks.".........
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1472 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

This Baylor vs TCU game is great so far.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1473 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

This Baylor vs TCU game is great so far.

367 yards!? At half time? That's like more yards than TCU gave up all last year :lol: And they have only let up 34 points or more twice in the last 3 season.

EDIT: I think TCU will come back.

#1474 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:36 AM

I guess if this keeps going, TCU will drop out of the top 25 and Baylor will probably be in the top 25?

#1475 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:38 AM

Nevermind what I said about TCU coming back (I fell asleep and missed the first half), but Fuck, RGIII is an absolute BEAST. Those last two TD passes have been beautiful.

#1476 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

RG3 is sick. Wonder how many performances like this he will have throughout the year.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1477 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

RG3 is sick. Wonder how many performances like this he will have throughout the year.

If he can stay healthy, he could give be in the running for the Heisman.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1478 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

If he can stay healthy, he could give be in the running for the Heisman.

If Baylor wins at least 9 games (which is debatable).

#1479 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

This TCU/Baylor game is great. What a great kickoff weekend game :applause:

#1480 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:51 AM

Seriously this was a great game!!! Rarely, are the Friday night games any good.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1481 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

Amazing game. Hopefully we will get a couple more this weekend that stay exciting the whole 60 minutes.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1482 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Utah St about to down Auburn. There is another unexpected crazy game. Utah St up 31-28 in scoring position i.e. first inside the 5.

UPDATE: WOW... just WOW. Utah State was up 10 with 3 minutes to play. Auburn just came back and is up 42-38 with 41 seconds to go after getting a TD off a on-side kick.

Edited by lordopus99, 03 September 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#1483 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

Utah St about to down Auburn. There is another unexpected crazy game. Utah St up 31-28 in scoring position i.e. first inside the 5.

UPDATE: WOW... just WOW. Utah State was up 10 with 3 minutes to play. Auburn just came back and is up 42-38 with 41 seconds to go after getting a TD off a on-side kick.

Ugh... really wish Utah St. could have held onto the game.

#1484 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

That Utah State @ Auburn game was nuts.

Virginia Tech destroyed App State. If they hadn't stopped and taken knees for the last two minutes, their 3rd string RB would have bumped them over the 70 point mark.

Right now I'm watching Notre Dame show how much they don't deserve their bullshit preseason ranking.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1485 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

That Utah State @ Auburn game was nuts.

Virginia Tech destroyed App State. If they hadn't stopped and taken knees for the last two minutes, their 3rd string RB would have bumped them over the 70 point mark.

Right now I'm watching Notre Dame show how much they don't deserve their bullshit preseason ranking.

They never do.:)
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#1486 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

As an Irish fan, I agree that they shouldn't have been ranked, but I the reason they go it was for dominating Miami in last years bowl game.

Also, I'm not a huge college fan and the real reason I watch Notre Dame is because of Rudy. Otherwise I probably wouldn't watch college football at all.

Although the TCU/Baylor game last night was great.

Edited by Nate Nanjo, 04 September 2011 - 01:13 AM.

#1487 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

San Jose St downs Oregon St... :lol:

USC barely survived Minnesota.

Pac-1012 is still a bad conference...

#1488 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

LSU-Oregon game is really good so far. I wish they didn't schedule the UGA/BSU game at the same time....

EDIT: The Big East is 7-0 and will be 8-0 when WVU beats Marshall tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:

#1489 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

San Jose St downs Oregon St... :lol:

USC barely survived Minnesota.

Pac-1012 is still a bad conference...

Sacramento state beat Oregon state, which is even worse.

#1490 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

Sacramento state beat Oregon state, which is even worse.

I guess I got the school they faced incorrect. Now you really know how bad that team is...

#1491 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:35 AM

LOL @ the Slack-12. I don't know why anyone would've picked Oregon over LSU, even with LSU missing a big part of their offense.

#1492 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:47 AM

Well at least Notre Dame's defense was better than the past few years. Not to take anything away from USF but if Notre Dame didn't turn it over or miss a FG every time they were in the red zone they could have easily won that game As poorly as they played they should have lost by more than 3 pts.

I think coach Kelly is going to have a stroke by the end of the year :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1493 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:51 AM

Let's make our predictions for the year:
ACC:
Atlantic Winner: Florida State
Coastal Winner: Virginia Tech
Conference Champions: Virginia Tech

Big East:
Conference Champion: West Virginia

Big Ten:
Legends Winner: Nebraska
Leaders Winner: Wisconsin
Conference Champion: Wisconsin

Big 12:
Conference Champion: Oklahoma

C-USA:
East Winner: UCF
West Winner: Houston
Conference Champion: Houston

MAC:
East Winner: Temple
West Winner: Northern Illinois
Conference Champion: Temple

MWC
Conference Champion: Boise State

Pac 12:
North Winner: Stanford
South Winner: Utah
Conference Champion: Stanford

SEC:
East Winner: Georgia
West Winner: LSU
Conference Champion: LSU

Sun Belt:
Conference Champion: Florida International

WAC:
Conference Champion: Nevada

BCS GAMES:
Rose Bowl: Wisconsin over Stanford
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma over Ohio State
Orange Bowl: VT over WVU
Sugar Bowl: Alabama over Texas A&M
BCS Championship Game: LSU over Boise State

Heisman Winner: Kellen Moore

Edited by gbpackers94, 05 September 2011 - 04:25 AM.

#1494 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:18 AM

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin over Stanford
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma over Oregon

Oregon wont get a BCS bowl if Stanford is in the Rose because that would mean that Oregon lost to the only two good teams on their schedule. They wouldn't have earned a BCS spot. If PAC-12 is going to swing 2 BCS teams, I would think Oregon would have to win out through the conference championship game and Stanford wins out except for one loss to Oregon.

Edit: Also, Boise won't make it to the championship unless the top teams in the Big 10, Big 12, and SEC have 2 losses. Boise might get in over 1 loss top teams from Big East or ACC though. Boise's schedule is too weak, especially with TCU losing to Baylor.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1495 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

Oregon wont get a BCS bowl if Stanford is in the Rose because that would mean that Oregon lost to the only two good teams on their schedule. They wouldn't have earned a BCS spot. If PAC-12 is going to swing 2 BCS teams, I would think Oregon would have to win out through the conference championship game and Stanford wins out except for one loss to Oregon.

Didn't even notice that, I really couldn't think of what team to put there against Oklahoma. I think I will change it to Nebraska (but now Big 10 has 3 teams which I don't think would happen), maybe A&M?

#1496 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

My predictions...
ACC Championship - FSU vs VT
ACC Champion - FSU

SEC Championship - Bama vs South Carolina
SEC Champion - Bama

Big 12 9 Champion - Oklahoma

Big East Champion - USF

Pac 10 12 Championship - Stanford vs Utah
Pac 10 12 Champion - Stanford

Big 10 12 Championship - Wisconsin vs Nebraska
Big 10 12 Champion - Nebraska

Conference USA - UCF
Mid-American - N. Illinois
Mountain West - Boise St
Sun Belt - ULM
WAC - Nevada

Championship Game: Bama vs winner of Oklahoma/FSU
Champion: Bama

Boise St is the only team undefeated at end of season and get snubbed in favor of 1 loss team.

Heisman: Andrew Luck

Oregon plays on same side as Stanford. If they lost to Stanford, there is little chance they would get into conference championship game.

Though, I have a feeling they lose 3.

Edit: Also, Boise won't make it to the championship unless the top teams in the Big 10, Big 12, and SEC have 2 losses. Boise might get in over 1 loss top teams from Big East or ACC though. Boise's schedule is too weak, especially with TCU losing to Baylor.

Boise St is in great position to bust the system this year. Their victory over Georgia was pretty convincing + they play Nevada in couple weeks.

The top teams this year have tough games away from home.

#1497 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

Boise St is in great position to bust the system this year. Their victory over Georgia was pretty convincing + they play Nevada in couple weeks.

The top teams this year have tough games away from home.

Let's be honest, Georgia should have never been ranked to begin with. This Georgia hype was so blatantly and obviously manufactured by the sports media to make this game seem like a big time match up for the opening weekend. Think about it, they had a TERRIBLE season last year and they come back this year after losing their absolute best player and they're somehow a top 25 team? They're so thin at some positions they were using corners on offense. Come on.

Nevada will hardly help their SOS seeing as Nevada's big star is also gone. I don't think Nevada is going to pull out another 13-1 season this year.

Yes the top teams do have tough games, but the poll voters are simply not going to put an undefeated Non-AQ over a 1-loss (or possibly 2-loss) champion from the SEC or Big 10 or Big 12. The ACC and Big East have weaker reputations so Boise could possibly slip by a champion from one of those leagues if they carry a loss or two. It's not fair, but that's pretty much how it is until something motivates people to FINALLY go for a playoff system.

IMO, the thing Boise should hope for this year would be for the major AQ conferences to all produce undefeated champions. I'm fairly sure that would create a shit storm and force the playoff issue.

Can you imagine if Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Stanford, Alabama or LSU, and Virginia Tech (FSU would have to lose to Oklahoma) all ended up undefeated going into bowl season?

The only problem is that going undefeated is a difficult task, so you'll likely see a 1 or 2 loss SEC champion versus an undefeated Pac12/Big10/Big12 champ while undefeated Boise gets to play a one loss team in the Fiesta(?) bowl.

I'll be hoping for the 4+ undefeated teams scenario though. I really want to see a playoff.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1498 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

Let's be honest, Georgia should have never been ranked to begin with. This Georgia hype was so blatantly and obviously manufactured by the sports media to make this game seem like a big time match up for the opening weekend. Think about it, they had a TERRIBLE season last year and they come back this year after losing their absolute best player and they're somehow a top 25 team? They're so thin at some positions they were using corners on offense. Come on.

They were #5 in recuiting and Aaron Murray is now no longer a freshie. This team has better pieces than it did last year.

Losing to Boise St shouldn't write this team as a fraud. Boise St is the same team that beat VT and Oregon; a reminder VT has led ACC for a couple years and Oregon who made the championship last year. This same team was one of the top defenses and a solid offense who returned tons of impact players...

Nevada will hardly help their SOS seeing as Nevada's big star is also gone. I don't think Nevada is going to pull out another 13-1 season this year.

To be seen. A QB gone doesn't mean they don't have another in the wing. @Oregon next week will show much. Fact is even with a loss to them and potential @Boise St, Nevada should run the rest; only Hawaii could put up a fight (who they have at home) but they guys disappoint every year. So at worst they are a 2 loss team.

#1499 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

They were #5 in recuiting and Aaron Murray is now no longer a freshie. This team has better pieces than it did last year.

Losing to Boise St shouldn't write this team as a fraud. Boise St is the same team that beat VT and Oregon; a reminder VT has led ACC for a couple years and Oregon who made the championship last year. This same team was one of the top defenses and a solid offense who returned tons of impact players...

To be seen. A QB gone doesn't mean they don't have another in the wing. @Oregon next week will show much. Fact is even with a loss to them and potential @Boise St, Nevada should run the rest; only Hawaii could put up a fight (who they have at home) but they guys disappoint every year. So at worst they are a 2 loss team.

I didn't write Georgia off as a fraud because Boise beat them, I believed they were a fraud before the season even began. They've had tons of hype and little results for a few years in a row now. Recruiting stats are nice but they don't equal a good product on the field. There are plenty of teams that get in that top 20 recruiting list every year that still manage to suck.

I think you believe that I'm anti-Boise and I'm not. I just don't think they will ever get a chance in the current system. There's simply not enough opportunity for them to get into the conversation. Their only hope really is for the bigger schools to stumble quite a few times. I know they schedule a big school or two every year and they pull out the win, but I also understand the AQ snobs point of view to a certain extent.

If you look at their wins against Oregon, Virginia Tech, Oregon State, and Georgia the scores were: 19-8, 33-30, 37-24, 35-21 respectively. They are definitely a good football team, but they aren't hanging 51-0 on VT or UGA like they do to Fresno State. That Fresno victory was last year when Fresno went 8-5. The Oregon State victory was also last year and they went 5-7. Why are they only beating Oregon State by 2 scores? When they play teams that can recruit better talent, their margin of victory decreases dramatically. The question is: could Boise win every week playing higher caliber talent? Does that 33-30 score swing in their favor every time?

We really don't know because they are just in a bad spot. They really need to get into a better conference so they can really show what they're capable of. They tried to make some forward progress with the MWC, but Utah and TCU are gone or soon to be and they're right back in a crappy place.

I personally think they would still be great if they played in say the Pac-12 or Big 12, but I really don't think they'd go undefeated or one loss year in and year out like they have been recently. I think Peterson would have them competing, but they'd probably turn into a 9-3 or 10-2 team for the regular season.

I really wish we had either a plus one game or an 8 team playoff. I would like to see more teams get a shot at playing into the National Championship. Whether it be Boise, some other left out undefeated team (like TCU, or even Auburn years ago), or a team that had one loss [and isn't from the SEC] but is playing harder and faster than everyone else at the end of the year.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1500 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

Weird opener for WVU--lighting led to a 3 hour+ delay in the third quarter, they started back for a bit and then ended up ending the game early in the 4th due to more lightning.

Anyway, 34-13 win for WVU over Marshall. Was happy to see LSU beat Oregon, hoping they can come into Morgantown unbeaten in a few week.

On the expansion front, looks like the Pac 16 is in discussion again.

http://espn.go.com/c...sed-source-says

http://www.nytimes.c...&ref=petethamel

http://dennis-dodd.b...270202/31722896

Edited by dmaul1114, 05 September 2011 - 03:24 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection