Photo
- - - - -

Official (2014-2015) College Football Thread Florida State#1

• Please log in to reply
2998 replies to this topic

#1981 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, I have no interest in an Alabama-LSU matchup. The first was a snoozefest, and it won't resolve anything.

LSU wins again, the rematch was pointless and we're left wondering if OSU or Stanford could have done better. Alabama wins and they'll feel like a weak champion since they split with LSU, with a loss at home.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1982 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

OK State has the 107th defense in the nation, Oklahoma looked like shit last night. OK State let an unranked IOWA State score 37 points AND beat them. Bama has the #1 defense in the whole country in all major categories and it's only loss was to LSU in OT, by 3 points.

#1983 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

OK State has the 107th defense in the nation, Oklahoma looked like shit last night. OK State let an unranked IOWA State score 37 points AND beat them. Bama has the #1 defense in the whole country in all major categories and it's only loss was to LSU in OT, by 3 points.

It's not about the loss, it's about the whole resume. Both teams have 1 loss, but Bama only has 3 wins against teams with winning records (+Georgia Southern), while OSU has 7. I think that more than makes up for the difference in the losses.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1984 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

#1) The night OSU played Iowa State they had just suffered the loss of their women's basketball coach in a tragic plane accident. I've heard several analysts say that may have had an effect on them when they played that game.

#2) They are ranked near the top in turnovers forced. While they may give up some yards they turn the opposing teams over all the time. Just like in the NFL with the Packers. Every week I hear how they've got major issues with their defense that they need to correct. Well somehow they've managed to go 11-0. They win despite the yards they give up because their offense is outstanding and they get turnovers when they need them.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1985 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Oklahoma State runs the exact same offense as WVU (Holgorsen came from there, and they hired an new OC to keep the exact system in place)--that offense put up over 500 yards on the vaunted LSU defense.

And OSU runs it much better as they have better talent and more experience in the system, so unlikely they'd shoot themselves in the foot with bad turnovers like WVU did.

So I think that could be a really exciting game with a decent amount of points on the board. Where as LSU-Bama will be another low scoring, defense dominated snooze fest unless there's some defensive/special teams scores.

Edited by dmaul1114, 04 December 2011 - 05:23 PM.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1986 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

To clarify, Boise can't get an automatic slot. If TCU isn't in the top 16, then that just stays an at large bid so technically Boise could be selected.

But that will never happen. A mid major will never get a true at large in the current BCS set up. They only get selected if they meet the criteria for an autobid (in top 12--highest mid major in top 12 gets an autobid; in top 16, won their conference, ranked higher than at least one autobid league champion).

Pretty messed up system... Boise only lost by 1 and that is their only loss. TCU on the other hand got outshot by Baylor and lost to not-so-good Southern Methodist (7-5). To me, that isn't a case for a BCS bowl. At least Boise St took out 10-3 Georgia (i.e. a good opponent).

So I think that could be a really exciting game with a decent amount of points on the board. Where as LSU-Bama will be another low scoring, defense dominated snooze fest unless there's some defensive/special teams scores.

It actually might be that much more of a defense battle than the first since each team has a month to prepare for each other... and we all know both offenses are basically "power-run" offenses i.e. stack the box so this could be alot of 3-and-outs. Oh fun and joy.

#1987 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, it's a lame system. Boise should get in over Kansas State who will likely get the last at large if TCU isn't in the top 16 for sure.

But it's all about money so mid majors have no shot at an at large bid as they'll go with bigger schools from bigger conferences. Which is silly as I think more people would tune into watch Boise play a major team than to watch Kansas State play whoever. But that's just how it is.

But yeah, it's a shitty system. Even if there's no playoff they need to drop the autobid system and just take the top 10-12 teams in the final poll. Or at the least make all the at large slots the highest ranked teams after the conference champions (so the conference titles still mean something).

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1988 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Here's the new Coach's poll (stolen from a WVU forum):

USA Today coaches poll (points):
1. LSU (1475)
2. Alabama (1399)
3. Oklahoma State (1367)
4. Stanford (1286)
5. Oregon (1232)
6. Boise
7. Arkansas
8. Wisco
9. So. Car
10. K State
11. Va Tech
12. Michigan
13. Mich St.
14. Clem
15. TCU
16. Baylor
17. Houston
18. Georgia
19. Oklahoma
20. Nebraska
21. So. Mississippi
22. WVU
23. PSU
24. Cincinnati
25. Florida State.

Alabama down from 1411 to 1399 points in coaches poll. Oklahoma State up from 1245 to 1367.

The numbers of votes is what matters to the BCS, not the actual ranking.
Oklahoma State will get a .9268 from coaches poll in BCS. Alabama will get a .9485.

Pretty absurd that VT is still ahead of Clemson. I get that Clemson has 3 losses, VT 2, but I think beating the shit out of a team twice should be enough to make up for that!

The other important thing is that TCU did make the top 16 in at least this portion of the BCS components (both UGA and Oklahoma fell behind them). That bodes well for the, depending on how the Harris poll and computers turn out for them.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1989 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

I might be the only one, but I don't think Arkansas is that good. They got blown out by both Alabama and LSU, but is there any win that stands out for them? South Carolina I may give them, but I feel they became a one dimensional team after losing Lattimore.

Edited by Nate Nanjo, 04 December 2011 - 10:00 PM.

#1990 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

I might be the only one, but I don't think Arkansas is that good. They got blown out by both Alabama and LSU, but is there any win that stands out for them? South Carolina I may give them, but I feel they became a one dimensional team after losing Lattimore.

Arkansas is so overrated. They got blown out by the best teams in the SEC and barely beat the worst teams.

#1991 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

Title: LSU-Bama.
Rose: Wis-Ore.
Fiesta: Ok St-Stanford.
Sugar: Va Tech-Michigan.
Orange: Clemson-West Va.

Virginia Tech? You have to be fucking kidding me. How the Fuck can you justify that, Fuck the BCS. None of these game are interesting except maybe Oregon/Wisconsin. But seriously.... fucking Virginia Tech?

VT's schedule:
Spoiler

#1992 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

BCS show is just now starting, I'm guessing those are just Mandel's projections. Hopefully anyway.....

Edit: Just revealed the top ten, title game is LSU vs. Alabama. Alabama's BCS score was .942 vs. .933 for Ok State.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1993 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

Biggest crock of shit ever is the BCS.

#1994 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

Yep, VT-Michigan in the Sugar Bowl. Can't wait to hear ESPN's explanation for this bullshit.

#1995 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

Because once you qualify for an at-large bid, all that matters is which fanbase will travel. Apparently Michigan and Virginia Tech win in that battle.

#1996 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

Rebuilding year with a new QB and we didn't win the conference, but we still get a BCS bowl? I'll take it.

We'll probably get destroyed, but more money for the school and conference is cool.

#1997 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

Rebuilding year with a new QB and we didn't win the conference, but we still get a BCS bowl? I'll take it.

We'll probably get destroyed, but more money for the school and conference is cool.

You can't actually be happy about getting a BCS bowl, can you? It was completely undeserved, and frankly they don't deserve to even sniff a BCS bowl. I don't see how a weak schedule + close games with terrible teams (Duke/Miami) + 2 losses to the same team, each by 20 or more points= Sugar Bowl. It just doesn't make an ounce of sense.

#1998 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

I hope Kansas State beats Arkansas.

So, bowl season looks boring this year.

I liked Rose and Fiesta bowl, but a lot of these bowl games looks like they will be lopsided.

#1999 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:05 AM

You can't actually be happy about getting a BCS bowl, can you? It was completely undeserved, and frankly they don't deserve to even sniff a BCS bowl. I don't see how a weak schedule + close games with terrible teams (Duke/Miami) + 2 losses to the same team, each by 20 or more points= Sugar Bowl. It just doesn't make an ounce of sense.

So I should be disappointed that my team got a big money bowl because they didn't deserve it?

Were you disappointed that Louisville was considered to even have a chance to make a BCS bowl? Because losing to the crappy out of conference teams on your schedule is even worse than not beating them convincingly.

#2000 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

I hope Kansas Staste beats Arkansas.

So, bowl season looks boring this year.

I liked Rose and Fiesta bowl, but a lot of these bowl games looks like they will be lopsided.

Oklahoma State will slaughter Stanford, so I'm not looking forward to that game. Rose Bowl should be good though, and if I hadn't already watched Bama-LSU, that would be a good game too.

#2001 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

So I should be disappointed that my team got a big money bowl because they didn't deserve it?

Were you disappointed that Louisville was considered to even have a chance to make a BCS bowl? Because losing to the crappy out of conference teams on your schedule is even worse than not beating them convincingly.

No to the second part, because if they went it would have been because they won their conference, if VT won their conference I wouldn't have a problem with them going to a BCS bowl. And to the the first part, I didn't really mean disappointed... I meant more of "What the Fuck? Why are we here?" reaction. And Tech is not in a rebuilding year, all they lost was Tyrod.

And my whole anger isn't personal, I'm just pissed that a 11-1 Boise team, a 10-2 Kansas State team, a 10-2 TCU team, and a 10-2 SC team didn't make a bowl, when every single one of those teams had better wins/harder schedules.

#2002 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

And Tech is not in a rebuilding year, all they lost was Tyrod.

...and replaced him with a first time starter who came to college to play tight end, and only had experience from some light backup duty in blowouts last year. Plus a young defense that ended up being decimated by injuries.

#2003 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

There are some pretty decent bowls this year, despite the BCS's lack of great games. Here are some that I think will be fun to watch:
Florida State vs. Notre Dame, 12/29, 5:30pm, ESPN (Champs Sports Bowl)
Nebraska vs. South Carolina, 1/2, 1pm, ESPN (Capitol One Bowl)
Michigan State vs. Georgia, 1/2, 1pm, ABC (Outback Bowl)
Wisconsin vs. Oregon, 1/2, 5pm, ESPN (Rose Bowl)
Kansas State vs. Arkansas, 1/6, 8pm, FOX (Cotton Bowl)

#2004 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

There are some pretty decent bowls this year, despite the BCS's lack of great games. Here are some that I think will be fun to watch:
Florida State vs. Notre Dame, 12/29, 5:30pm, ESPN (Champs Sports Bowl)
Nebraska vs. South Carolina, 1/2, 1pm, ESPN (Capitol One Bowl)
Michigan State vs. Georgia, 1/2, 1pm, ABC (Outback Bowl)
Wisconsin vs. Oregon, 1/2, 5pm, ESPN (Rose Bowl)
Kansas State vs. Arkansas, 1/6, 8pm, FOX (Cotton Bowl)

We are going to kill Notre Dame. Notre Dame hasn't played a defense like ours all season. Just prepping you.

I think the Orange Bowl will be a fun one to watch. A good offense showdown.

Fiesta Bowl final score should look like a Basketball score since both of their defenses suck.

#2005 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

We are going to kill Notre Dame. Notre Dame hasn't played a defense like ours all season. Just prepping you.

Godspeed my son. Make the TD Jeebus weep delicious tears.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2006 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Florida State beat ONE team with a winning record this year. ONE!

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#2007 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

I think the Orange Bowl will be a fun one to watch. A good offense showdown.

Fiesta Bowl final score should look like a Basketball score since both of their defenses suck.

I hope Florida State crushes Notre Dame. Then Brian Kelly can start off the season with a bunch of high hopes from unrealistic and impatient boosters, endure another mediocre to average season, get one more year if he's lucky, be fired, and then they can start their ridiculous cycle of expecting too much too fast all over again.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2008 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

Florida State beat ONE team with a winning record this year. ONE!

And that was a shutout...

3 of our 4 losses were lost by a score or less against Bowl teams without our starting QB and leading WR. And that was with the ACC refs against us during all ACC play. Don't believe me...

Here was Miami... Luckily this ref screwjob didn't cost us a game. Biggest one of all is at 15:02 mark... a legal hit gets our top LB ejected from that game.

Never saw one of these before until it happened against us against NC State...

These are just instances of what happened all year. ACC refs shouldn't be officiating our Bowl game ;)

#2009 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

I hope Florida State crushes Notre Dame. Then Brian Kelly can start off the season with a bunch of high hopes from unrealistic and impatient boosters, endure another mediocre to average season, get one more year if he's lucky, be fired, and then they can start their ridiculous cycle of expecting too much too fast all over again.

This.

It never gets old either. The notion that Brian Kelly is some sort of class act is what really burns my grits. Dude abandoned Cincinnati before their bowl game a couple years ago for that big catholic money. Fuck him and Fuck any team he coaches.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2010 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'd take it over 9-6 any day.
Posted Image