#2461 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Colorado
Spoiler
remains unbeaten.

Also, goddamn USC, potentially screwed the Ducks' chances at getting into the Natty if KSU also goes unbeaten

#2462 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

During the USC game all I could think about was when various sports commentators kept saying USC is better than Alabama because they passed "the eyeball test".

And yeah, Oregon's strength of schedule is plummeting. Maybe they should stop letting off the gas at halftime, get some style points. Pretty sure they could have scored 100+ in at least 3 games so far.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2463 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Well N.Dame just finished off Oklanhoma. Combined with Florida's loss and Oregon having pathetic Colorado scheduled today; that will probably make the top five: 1)Alabama, 2)K.State, 3)N.Dame, 4)Oregon, 5)LSU. If K.State hadn't throttled Texas Tech. N.Dame would probably jump them too. USC losing doesn't help Oregon at all, they really need Oregon St. to continue winning now. N.Dame will most likely enter their game with USC 11-0 and winning it could very well put them into the title game. With Florida, Mississippi St., Rutgers, and Ohio all losing the list of unbeatens continues to shrink. I thought that Kent St. would be the team to give Ohio their first loss but they decided to hand Rutgers theirs instead. With Louisville surviving Cincinnati Friday, they could be playing Rutgers in their season finale at 11-0.

The Big 10 has went from shooting its reputation in the foot to shooting it in the face. The Leaders division de-facto (due to OSU/PSU sanctions) conference championship representative Wisconsin lost again tonight and they still have Ohio St. and Penn St. on their slate. If they drop those two games they will be playing for the conference title at 7-5 with a .500 record in Big 10 play. On the other side Michigan had a chance to gain some national respect as their two losses looked better as. N.Dame and Alabama keep winning. Of course, once Robinson was injured tonight against Nebraska that chance went out the window. That tends to happen when you rely on one man for 65-70% of your offense. Now if the Cornhuskers can beat Mich.St. and PennSt. they'll probably play Wisconsin.

Edited by chuckie88, 28 October 2012 - 04:50 AM.

-Trying to think of something creative.-

#2464 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

USC is my team, but I never bought into them being part of the cream of the crop this year. They can never keep their heart and minds in the game and implode way too often. You would think finally being eligible again would light a fire under them, but you never know when sunshine and the gang will show up and play. What is Lane Kiffin doing to get them prepared???? The only thing he's got going for him right now is his smoking hot wife.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#2465 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

...What is Lane Kiffin doing to get them prepared???? The only thing he's got going for him right now is his smoking hot wife.

L:lol:L

#2466 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Well N.Dame just finished off Oklanhoma. Combined with Florida's loss and Oregon having pathetic Colorado scheduled today; that will probably make the top five: 1)Alabama, 2)K.State, 3)N.Dame, 4)Oregon, 5)LSU. If K.State hadn't throttled Texas Tech. N.Dame would probably jump them too. USC losing doesn't help Oregon at all, they really need Oregon St. to continue winning now. N.Dame will most likely enter their game with USC 11-0 and winning it could very well put them into the title game. With Florida, Mississippi St., Rutgers, and Ohio all losing the list of unbeatens continues to shrink. I thought that Kent St. would be the team to give Ohio their first loss but they decided to hand Rutgers theirs instead. With Louisville surviving Cincinnati Friday, they could be playing Rutgers in their season finale at 11-0.

The Big 10 has went from shooting its reputation in the foot to shooting it in the face. The Leaders division de-facto (due to OSU/PSU sanctions) conference championship representative Wisconsin lost again tonight and they still have Ohio St. and Penn St. on their slate. If they drop those two games they will be playing for the conference title at 7-5 with a .500 record in Big 10 play. On the other side Michigan had a chance to gain some national respect as their two losses looked better as. N.Dame and Alabama keep winning. Of course, once Robinson was injured tonight against Nebraska that chance went out the window. That tends to happen when you rely on one man for 65-70% of your offense. Now if the Cornhuskers can beat Mich.St. and PennSt. they'll probably play Wisconsin.

Holy cow what a crazy day in college football. Kansas State throttled Texas Tech and the Irish went into Norman and took down the Sooners!

They need to change Stoops' nickname from "Big Game" Bob to "Big Baby" Bob. The guy sat there and chewed out the refs for a good 15 minutes after that holding call (the correct call as OU pulled two Irish defenders to the ground to clear the path) wiped out the rushing TD by the "Belldozer". Seems like the refs should be able to say enough is enough and throw a penalty or toss the guy at some point.

I was really worried Golson would crack under the pressure. Especially when we went so long without scoring and then OU tied the game at 13 in the 4th quarter. He was solid but not spectacular. He managed the game and didn't make the stupid mistakes that he had earlier in the season.

IMHO I believe the BCS should go #1) Alabama, #2) Notre Dame, #3) Kansas State. Again, I think you have to give the Irish a slight edge over the Wildcats because our strength of schedule is better. We beat #8 on the road while the Cats beat #17 at home. Unless schedule strength is overridden by "style points" for the margin of victory.

I was pulling for Michigan to beat Nebraska but they just couldn't put many points on the board. I'm sure the loss of shoelace had a lot to do with it.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#2467 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Oregon should now be out of the National Title picture. USC and Oregon St lost this weekend so neither potential win should help that much. Kansas St and Notre Dame finished out this weekend against ranked teams in big fashion.

If Notre Dame finishes undefeated, I guarantee they make the National Championship game. No way they are left out.

#2468 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Holy cow what a crazy day in college football. Kansas State throttled Texas Tech and the Irish went into Norman and took down the Sooners!

They need to change Stoops' nickname from "Big Game" Bob to "Big Baby" Bob. The guy sat there and chewed out the refs for a good 15 minutes after that holding call (the correct call as OU pulled two Irish defenders to the ground to clear the path) wiped out the rushing TD by the "Belldozer". Seems like the refs should be able to say enough is enough and throw a penalty or toss the guy at some point.

I was really worried Golson would crack under the pressure. Especially when we went so long without scoring and then OU tied the game at 13 in the 4th quarter. He was solid but not spectacular. He managed the game and didn't make the stupid mistakes that he had earlier in the season.

IMHO I believe the BCS should go #1) Alabama, #2) Notre Dame, #3) Kansas State. Again, I think you have to give the Irish a slight edge over the Wildcats because our strength of schedule is better. We beat #8 on the road while the Cats beat #17 at home. Unless schedule strength is overridden by "style points" for the margin of victory.

I was pulling for Michigan to beat Nebraska but they just couldn't put many points on the board. I'm sure the loss of shoelace had a lot to do with it.

Not trying to talk shit or anything, but why should ND be ranked higher than KSU? Nd will not jump a team who crushed a ranked team only 5 ranks behind OU. KSU also beat OU, I would be shocked if ND is number two. I hate both teams, but it makes no sense to put ND at 2 over KSU. If ND plays a ranked opponent in a week KSU doesn't than they could jump them, but not this week.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#2469 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Really surprised in ND. With USC sucking, probably best I can hope for now is for them to win out and get left out of the title game Hate those catholic fucks...but they'd probably get in the title game if they're unbeaten even if there are two or three other unbeatens. Both Oregon and K-State have pretty soft remaining schedules with Texas and USC being down and Oregon State having lost.

#2470 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

If Notre Dame wins out, they're going to be in the National Championship Game, no matter what anyone else does. Why? They have that legacy attached to them that gives a gleam in the eye of human pollsters. I imagine after last night's pretty big win they'll move up to #2 in the BCS. At the very least they'll be in a close third. But I expect the Irish to have an emotional letdown against Pittsburgh this week.

And for people looking for that Lattimore injury. DO NOT. It's horrible. Like...Theismann terrible. I hope and pray that his leg isn't amputated after that. Because...shit. No one deserves that.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2471 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

If Notre Dame wins out, they're going to be in the National Championship Game, no matter what anyone else does. Why? They have that legacy attached to them that gives a gleam in the eye of human pollsters. I imagine after last night's pretty big win they'll move up to #2 in the BCS. At the very least they'll be in a close third. But I expect the Irish to have an emotional letdown against Pittsburgh this week.

I agree up to the losing against Pitt part. I think they'll be undefeated up until USC and that will be their final test. Although that test is looking easier week after week.

If they face Alabama for the title, can it be the Baptists vs. the Catholics game?

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2472 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Not trying to talk shit or anything, but why should ND be ranked higher than KSU? Nd will not jump a team who crushed a ranked team only 5 ranks behind OU. KSU also beat OU, I would be shocked if ND is number two. I hate both teams, but it makes no sense to put ND at 2 over KSU. If ND plays a ranked opponent in a week KSU doesn't than they could jump them, but not this week.

I just think Notre Dame's win was more impressive than Kansas State's win. I don't think the difference should be much (maybe a few tenths of a point) but I think if you break it down Notre Dame's 8-0 holds a little more water than KSU's 8-0. I would also be shocked if ND jumped to #2 but I also would not cry about it if/when they don't. I'm just making the case that I believe that maybe they've earned it as things stand this week. The way I see it a 30-13 win at Norman over #8 Oklahoma is a bit more impressive than a 55-24 win at home against #14 TTU.

#2473 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I agree up to the losing against Pitt part. I think they'll be undefeated up until USC and that will be their final test. Although that test is looking easier week after week.

If they face Alabama for the title, can it be the Baptists vs. the Catholics game?

I think Pittsburgh could go either way for Notre Dame. It's at home, so they should have the crowd feeding them energy early on so they don't start slow. But it is "one of those games" that looks easy but ends up being a nightmare.

If it was Alabama v. Notre Dame in the title game, it'd probably be the highest watched National Championship in quite a while.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2474 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I just think Notre Dame's win was more impressive than Kansas State's win. I don't think the difference should be much (maybe a few tenths of a point) but I think if you break it down Notre Dame's 8-0 holds a little more water than KSU's 8-0. I would also be shocked if ND jumped to #2 but I also would not cry about it if/when they don't. I'm just making the case that I believe that maybe they've earned it as things stand this week. The way I see it a 30-13 win at Norman over #8 Oklahoma is a bit more impressive than a 55-24 win at home against #14 TTU.

It's not just that game though.

K-State also won at Oklahoma, so that's pretty much equal. And they stomped ranked teams in WVU and Texas Tech. ND doesn't have that on their schedule since teams like Michigan and Michigan State aren't very good this year.

So I'd give K-State a slight edge right now. But ND could maybe jump them if USC doesn't lose again--but that's unlikely as Oregon will probably pound them.

If ND jumps K-State it will be because they're ND, not because they're schedule was tougher. Part of there being "back" this year is that teams like Michigan, Michigan State, USC, Stanford etc. aren't top 10 level teams this year. K-State's benefiting some to from Texas and Oklahoma being down, but has a tougher slate of ranked teams in the Big 12 even if not any real top 10 caliber teams.

#2475 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

...I was pulling for Michigan to beat Nebraska but they just couldn't put many points on the board. I'm sure the loss of shoelace had a lot to do with it.

That's puttng it mildly, without him Michigan will have trouble beating anybody.

Bust out the tiny violins...:-({|=He was injured running the ball to the 4 yrd line. The freshman backup came in, couldn't move the ball at all, Wolverines settled for a field goal and it was a one point game. Nebraska realized their good fortune and the defense stacked the box and began blitzing with impunity. Who could blame them? The fresman backup didn't complete a pass until the 4th quarter, finishing 3 for 16 with 3 picks. He's nowhere near the runner Robison is and also looked helpless as he missed wide open targets. It was flat out ugly. When Robinson left the game in the 2nd quarter, he had racked up 101 yards of combined offense. When the game was over, the entire team totaled 188.

#2476 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

1 Alabama 8-0
2 Kansas State 8-0
3 Notre Dame 8-0
4 Oregon 8-0
5 LSU 7-1
6 Georgia 7-1
7 Florida 7-1
8 South Carolina 7-2
9 Florida State 8-1
10 Louisville 8-0
11 Oregon State 6-1
12 Oklahoma 5-2
13 Clemson 7-1
14 Stanford 6-2
15 Mississippi State 7-1
16 Texas A&M 6-2
17 USC 6-2
18 Texas Tech 6-2
19 Boise State 7-1
20 Nebraska 6-2
21 West Virginia 5-2
22 Arizona 5-3
23 Texas 6-2
24 Oklahoma State 5-2
25 Louisiana Tech 7-1

South Carolina being #8 in the BCS is pretty strange. Both human polls have them #11 and their computer average is #9. Florida State and Louisville have lower computer rankings of 21 and 13 respectively, which is dragging them down and allowing Carolina to move ahead of them.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2477 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yep, BCS still looking like fools. South Carolina without Marcus Lattimore is the number 8 team?!?! Bullshit.

Oregon St loses to 4-4 Washington and they barely dropped. Yep, still smelling it.

Texas escapes 1-7 Kansas and they still are in. I can't breath from this smell.

#2478 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Wow, Notre Dame is 1/1000 of a point ahead of Oregon. Assuming they both win next week they will switch places.

EDIT: Normally I'd say Jesse Palmer is an idiot but he made the same point I did earlier: Notre Dame should have jumped KSU because of their common opponents and the fact that Notre Dame's win at Norman this week was more impressive than KSU's over TTU.

Edited by Chitown021, 29 October 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#2479 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

I also thought that Oregon St. would drop a few more than they did, I realize they fell four spots but I thought they would place somewhere in the 13-15 range. S.Carolina may be able to win their next two despite losing Latimore which will set the ACC up nicely if Clemson can beat them after Thanksgiving. Florida St. could also get in on that party as their game with Florida the same day could have big implications. One thing is for sure, the top five will change next week in some way as Alabama travels to LSU.

#2480 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Lot of big games this weekend.

Ranked matchups:

#1 Alabama @ #5 LSU
#2 K State vs. #24 Ok State
#4 Oregon @#17 USC
#15 Miss State vs. #16 Texas A&M
#18 Texas Tech vs. #23 Texas

Hoping WVU can get back on track somewhat against TCU at home after a bye week following those two embarrassing blow out defeats. TCU is likely down to their 3rd string QB, so hopefully we can pull that one out.

#2481 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Anyone else interested to see how the linebacker that Maryland is starting at quarterback this weekend does? I want to see him scramble and then forget what he's doing and just light some defensive player up. Won't happen, but I can hope.

#2482 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Ranked matchups:

#1 Alabama @ #5 LSU
#4 Oregon @#17 USC

Hoping WVU can get back on track somewhat against TCU at home after a bye week following those two embarrassing blow out defeats. TCU is likely down to their 3rd string QB, so hopefully we can pull that one out.

I agree W.Virginia could really use a win. All of those games you listed interest me at least a little bit and even though LSU has really struggled to point points on the board they do have an outstanding record in home night games. I'd still bet on 'Bama though.

Anyone else interested to see how the linebacker that Maryland is starting at quarterback this weekend does? I want to see him scramble and then forget what he's doing and just light some defensive player up. Won't happen, but I can hope.

I was also wondering about this, could be interesting indeed. Although your scenerio is farfetched, the thought of it did make me chuckle.:lol:

#2483 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Ranked matchups:

#1 Alabama @ #5 LSU

LSU shouldn't hang. Their offense is atrocious. Their loss is my teams gain.

The AP doesn't like OK State... you know why... you will see it this weekend.

#4 Oregon @#17 USC

Marquee matchup weeks ago.... as of now, it is Oregon's to lose since USC didn't produce last weekend.

Is Johnny for real... this week should tell.

Please Dooge put Texas out of their misery.

West Virginia's defense hasn't stopped anyone. This game comes down to West Virginia's offense vs TCU's defense.

I am. This is the one storyline I look forward to this weekend.

#2484 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

All I want for Christmas is a new offensive coordinator. :headache:
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#2485 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Well, good luck to Kansas State. Now that Notre Dame is about to spit the bit against Pitt I hope they win it all.

#2486 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Not shocked that Notre Dame had a hard time this week. Surprised they won, actually. This game had "Trap" written all over it.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2487 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Not shocked that Notre Dame had a hard time this week. Surprised they won, actually. This game had "Trap" written all over it.

I can't believe we came back to win today. So many mistakes, the missed FG, missed XP, INTs, and then the fumble by Wood on the goal line in OT.

I thought it was over when Golson threw that pick in the 4th with under 4 minutes left.

#2488 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

I crapped my pants at that point.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#2489 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Holy crap did N.Dame escape with one tonight! I also thought that they had lost it, especially with the fumble on the 1/2 inch line in OT. I really thought the Pitt kicker would hit that field goal and win the game. The Nebraska last second win over Mich.St, was a pretty good finish as well. W.Virginia going down in by a point in extra time kicked off that trifecta of crazy close games mid afternoon.

Although Maryland's LB turned QB didn't fare as bad as he could have, they had another two guys go out with injuries in their game today! The only thing worse than the health of their current roster is that god-awful pattern from their helmets that they decided to match with their shoes today. Ugh, hideous! Michigan managed to win with their WR turned QB, fortunately he had QB experience.

Night games haven't finished quite yet but it's looking like the undefeated Ducks, Wildcats, and Tide will probably stay that way. N.Dame didn't do itself any favors with their struggles today as these other three all looked much better against much better teams. It also doesn't help that their late season heavy (USC) just got 60+ points dropped on them at home. LSU is playing with Alabama though.

EDIT: Tigers just got in the endzone, perhaps Alabama won't dominate as much tonight.

Edited by chuckie88, 04 November 2012 - 02:48 AM.
Tiger Touchdown

#2490 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Wow, Bill Snyder has a lot of confidence in his team (as he should). He pulled The Kleinsdale in the middle of the 3rd quarter of a 38-20 game. Not exactly a blow out at that point.

EDIT:

NM, I guess he's banged up. I hope he's OK for next week so he can continue his Heisman run.

Edited by Chitown021, 04 November 2012 - 02:56 AM.