Photo
- - - - -

Official (2014-2015) College Football Thread Florida State#1

• Please log in to reply
2991 replies to this topic

#2551 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Just when the expansion stuff seemed to die down...

Maryland and Rutgers to the Big 10?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2552 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

14 minutes and change away from K State being upset, and the Kleinsdale losing his Heisman lead. Can you say ND NCG? Oh hell yes!
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#2553 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Stanford just tied it up with Oregon with 1:35 left.

Should Oregon lose, I don't think either they or Kansas State get in over a 1 loss SEC champ.

#2554 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Baylor is fucking murdering K State. Wow.

#2555 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

ANYTHING to break the streak of SEC National Champs...

I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#2556 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

My Mointies just couldn't do it tonight! :-(

Such a tough season!

#2557 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

I can't believe Oregon missed that FG.

#2558 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

DAMN, can't come up with the fumble. Really deserve to lose the way they've missed opportunities.

Posted Image

#2559 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Can't believe K St!

#2560 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Ballgame. Alabama and Georgia fans mess their pants.

Posted Image

#2561 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Kansas State is going to drop to #6, at least. Oregon...maybe #5.

Notre Dame is #1. What's the world coming to?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2562 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

How far do KSU and UO drop?

If ND loses to USC... Then what happens?

:-k
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2563 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Everybody dies.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#2564 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

I swear to God, after all ND has put its fans through for the last, Fuck, 20 years, JUST to choke away the shot at SC next week...

Posted Image

#2565 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Holy crap! No way going into today I thought Notre Dame would be the last man standing! It's bittersweet because I'm a fan of both Kansas State and Notre Dame. I was hoping Oregon would lose so those two could meet in the championship game. The main downfall of tonight's action is that the fucking SEC is back in the mix.

I am already nervous for next week's USC game. I've been in this position with another of my favorite teams and it did not end well. Cubs, game 6, 5 outs away from the World Series, Bartman, and the rest is history....
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#2566 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

K-State got blown out and should drop quite a bit. In a fair system, Oregon should be right ahead of Alabama since their loss was "better" (vs. #13 in OT instead of vs. #15 after being down by 20). So, we'll probably see Oregon 6th or 7th. SEC fans will argue that the stiff competition they faced this week from teams such as Western Carolina, Wofford and Jacksonville State entitles them to be in the 2-7 slots.

Ohio State fans are ecstatic the team put off their bowl ban a year so we could go to the Gator Bowl at 6-6.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2567 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Cubs, game 6, 5 outs away from the World Series, Bartman crap team that blew it and their fans blamed it on one stupid fan, and the rest is history....

Fixed it for you. ;)
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#2568 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Fixed it for you. ;)

You're right. I never blamed Bartman for the collapse, I just used the name since it was the quickest way to reference the game.

I've always felt horrible for the guy. I blame the shortstop Alex Gonzalez for booting a tailor made double play ball shortly after Moises threw that fit. That and Dusty Baker for being a completely craptastic manager (how is that guy STILL allowed to manage in MLB?)

#2569 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Oh my. I may get my Catholics vs. Baptists wish after all. Thank you Stanford and Baylor.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2570 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

I like this weekend. Kansas State will tank in the polls since Baylor has a losing record and they got hammered. Oregon's drop will be interesting. Hopefully, they fall behind my team. We have UF who will be ranked above us. Clemson will get SC who is ranked above them. Two ACC schools in BCS games... the track is looking pretty clear, even with the computer bias against our conference.

#2571 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Oregon's drop will be interesting. Hopefully, they fall behind my team.

I wouldn't bet on it.

In fact, knowing how screwy this whole thing can be, I wouldn't even be surprised if they get shafted like so:

1. Notre Dame
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Georgia
5. Florida
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. South Carolina
9. Stanford
10. Florida State

Not saying that will happen, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me considering last week's computer rankings for Stanford and Oregon (11 and 4, respectively) versus Florida State's (17).

Edit: Brad Edwards projecting K-State still being in the top 5, WTF. Might even be worse.

Edited by blindinglights, 18 November 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#2572 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

WTF, are the conferences about to start shuffling again? ESPN bottom line just said Maryland is trying to buy their way out of the ACC so they can join the Big 10. It also said that if Maryland goes then Rutgers is going to go as well.

#2573 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

BCS is a real clusterfuck now. Will be a bunch of 1 loss teams with maybe ND unbeaten.

Odd timing on the UMD and Rutgers news/rumors. Not super surprising as those are teams that have been mentioned as possibly of interest to the Big 10 in the past to get the Big 10 network more of a foothold in the DC/Baltimore and NYC markets.

Actually, maybe the timing isn't that odd. The Big 10 probably decided to try to weaken the ACC when ND joined as a partial member They're probably hoping other teams will go elsewhere and ND will have their hand forced to joining the Big 10 when they eventually go to 16. And I think most of the power conferences will eventually as scheduling is easier with 16 than 14--lots of bitching in the SEC about scheduling this year.

Here's another column on the Big 10 rumors.

http://sports.yahoo....dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

#2574 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I wouldn't bet on it.

In fact, knowing how screwy this whole thing can be, I wouldn't even be surprised if they get shafted like so:

1. Notre Dame
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Georgia
5. Florida
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. South Carolina
9. Stanford
10. Florida State

Not saying that will happen, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me considering last week's computer rankings for Stanford and Oregon (11 and 4, respectively) versus Florida State's (17).

Edit: Brad Edwards projecting K-State still being in the top 5, WTF. Might even be worse.

During Game Day Final, they were saying spot 5 would be questionable. They were projecting...
1. Notre Dame
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Florida
5. ??? Either Kansas State, Oregon, FSU

Oregon is most likely getting that spot so no doubt we will get screwed. Our win over Clemson is stronger than any win by Kansas State or Oregon; Clemson being ranked higher (to date) than any opponent either has faced. If Kansas State gets the spot after being hammered by a losing record school, you know how faulty this system is. Losing by a score, not a huge deal. Losing by multiple scores, it shows your team wasn't as good as people thought. Kansas State IMO should be the last 1 loss team in the rankings because of that reason.

#2575 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Opus, the win over Clemson might be better but loss to NC State versus loss to Stanford is the problem with Oregon. K-State should drop to 15 or lower, IMO. They got blown out as the #1 team by a squad who was 4-5 at the time with losses to TCU and Iowa State. Hopefully the voters offset the Big 12 loving computers, but I doubt they will enough.

The Big 10 probably decided to try to weaken the ACC when ND joined as a partial member They're probably hoping other teams will go elsewhere and ND will have their hand forced to joining the Big 10 when they eventually go to 16.

Are you kidding? I highly doubt that a bottom feeder football program with decent basketball jumping ship is going to make others follow suit and weaken the ACC so that the B1G can get Notre Dame, especially with that $50 million dollar exit fee.

UCONN has already openly said they'd want to come to the ACC, so Maryland leaves and they'll likely get replaced with another football bottom feeder that just so happens to be better in basketball. If anything, this will likely just end up being more problems for the Big East.

Personally, I wish the ACC would go after a better football school like Cincy or Louisville, but the North Carolina schools will most likely push UCONN.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#2576 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

The next two weeks will be interesting. How will Notre Dame handle the pressure of being #1 going into the USC game next week? I will also be interested to see how Kansas State plays against Texas. They can still clinch at least a share of the Big 12 title with a win (it seems so stupid that they don't use the head-to-head tie breaker to award it straight up) but will they just pack it in now that all of the air is out of the balloon?

#2577 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I mean that the big ten expanding may pressure the Big 12 to expand and maybe the SEC to go to 16. ACC schools would be the top targets for both and that could potentially kill off the ACC as a power conference and pressure ND into the Big Ten.

I still think we eventually see the four power conferences go to 14-16 teams and break into their own division. Will probably take a long time and some controversies with the playoffs to get there. Best case is they break away and do a six team playoff with two at large teams and the two highest ranked conference champs getting first round byes.

Until something like that is in place college football will continue to be a joke in terms of determining a true champion as the four team playoff isn't that big of an improvement when there are so many conferences and usually not much clear separation after the top team or two most years.

Edited by dmaul1114, 18 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#2578 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Derek Dooley fired, big surprise:

http://abcnews.go.co...97#.UKkU5Ib5Xtw
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#2579 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just finished watching the WVU game I DVRd last night (was out of town for a conference). That was a heartbreaker--shitty defense again lets the team down, along with some poor special teams play again.

At least the offense finally got back on track with over 700 yards of offense and 49 points.

Tavon Austin had a crazy game. WR who's a finalist for the Biletnikoff award and they put him at RB for a lot of the game (was all time leading rusher in Maryland in high school) and he ran for 344 yards and two scores. Also had 4 receptions for 82 yards and a bunch of return yardage to set a school and Big 12 record with 572 total yards.

WVU's other Biletnikoff finalist, Stedman Bailey, had a great game as well with 13 catches for 205 yards and 4 TDs.

But again the defense sucked and gave up 554 yards and 6 TDs to Landry Jones. :bomb:

#2580 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Blurb added to the ESPN article on the possible Big 10 expansion.

No date has been set for a potential announcement, though it could come as soon as Monday. The Maryland board of regents will meet at 9 a.m. Monday morning to decide on the move, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com Sunday morning.

But there is not a consensus among athletic department officials. The source said the school is leaning toward the move but there is still time for the school to decide to stay in the ACC.