Official (2014-2015) College Football Thread Florida State#1

• Please log in to reply
3001 replies to this topic

#2581 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Holy crap! What a crazy day in NCAAF. Anyone hoping to avoid an all SEC final should be pulling for the Irish to win at USC. Otherwise there is the potential of the winner of the SEC title game facing Florida. It might have a better chance of happening if it's Alabama as the Georgia vs Florida game earlier this year was pretty ugly and the Gators didn't play Alabama this year. Anti-SEC folks should also be pulling for Florida St. to beat Florida and win the ACC for the same reason, hoping it's enough to get over the computers being so down on FSU.

Ohio State fans are ecstatic the team put off their bowl ban a year so we could go to the Gator Bowl at 6-6.

Yeah, genius move by the decision makers at Ohio. They would be ranked top two without question if not for their shortsightedness. Smooth move Buckeyes. :lol:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#2582 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm just happy to see two teams from the MAC make the top 25. Congrats to NIU for finally creeping into the top 25.

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#2583 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Really long shot, but if Alabama lost to Auburn, and then beat Georgia, they'd both be two loss. I can't see Florida being in the NCG over Oregon if they beat OSU if that happens.

EDIT: Also, FSU could beat Florida! My SEC hatred lives lol
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#2584 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

BCS Rankings:

1 Notre Dame 11-0
2 Alabama 10-1
3 Georgia 10-1
4 Florida 10-1
5 Oregon 10-1
6 Kansas State 10-1
7 LSU 9-2
8 Stanford 9-2
9 Texas A&M 9-2
10 Florida State 10-1
11 Clemson 10-1
12 South Carolina 9-2
13 Oklahoma 8-2
14 Nebraska 9-2
15 Oregon State 8-2
16 Texas 8-2
17 UCLA 9-2
18 Rutgers 9-1
19 Michigan 8-3
20 Louisville 9-1
21 Oklahoma State 7-3
22 Boise State 9-2
23 Kent State 10-1
24 Arizona 7-4
25 Washington 7-4

Stanford jumps Florida State, it's not easy being a prophet.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2585 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Really long shot, but if Alabama lost to Auburn, and then beat Georgia, they'd both be two loss. I can't see Florida being in the NCG over Oregon if they beat OSU if that happens.

EDIT: Also, FSU could beat Florida! My SEC hatred lives lol

auburn is legit the worst team in college football. Alabama can pick their score.

#2586 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

BCS Rankings:

Stanford jumps Florida State, it's not easy being a prophet.

So I wonder how the computers will Fuck us when we beat UF. Yes I said WHEN.

#2587 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

One of the computers doesn't even rank FSU, yet the same one has Clemson at 20. Doesn't make much sense to me.

If Clemson and FSU both handle business next week, maybe the computers will start to give them a little more credit. Especially since Florida is ranked so highly by the computers.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2588 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Florida needed a blocked punt to beat Louisiana-Lafayette and Oregon loses to a now top 10 Stanford team because of ineptitude from their kicker, yet Florida is higher? Dat SEC bias...

EDIT: I'm shocked K-State is still top ten.

I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#2589 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

If Florida State beats Florida and wins the ACC title I think they will move into the top five. Obviously Notre Dame simply has to win to stay at the top. A one loss SEC champion will finish behind them if that's the case. If the Irish lose then a one loss SEC champ takes the top spot.

#2590 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Barkley ruled out for next week. I don't want them to be really favored to win, I feel like they'll jinx it :pray:

Posted Image

#2591 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

UMD approved the move to the Big Ten, per the breaking news graphic on ESPN TV. No article up yet.

Press conference at 2:30 on the Big Ten Network apparently per twitter posts from some reporters.

Edit: They just talked about it on ESPN. Was a unanimous vote to from UMD. Rutgers will follow suit and likely be announced tomorrow.

Also rumors that the Big 10 may also go after UNC and UVA, but just rumors at this point.

Will be interesting to see if this pressures the Big 12 and/or SEC to try and grab some teams like FSU, Clemson, VT, NC State, GT etc.

Seems like if the ACC wants to keep teams like FSU and Clemson happy when they were already annoyed at adding basketball schools like Pitt and Syracuse that just replacing UMD with UCONN wouldn't help much. They may need to get off their high horse about academics and grab someone like Lousiville who's solid in both sports to have any chance at saving the league.

Have to think the current BCS situation is even more case in point at FSU for the dangers of being in a shitty football conference. Have a bunch of 1 and even some 2 loss teams ahead of them. No guarantee they'd make a 4 team playoff if that started this year. Has to worry them going forward with strength of schedule stated to be a big part of what the selection committee will consider in picking the 4 teams.

Edit 2: ESPN article is up: http://espn.go.com/c...ten-sources-say

Edit 2: ESPN article updated. UMD (and presumably Rutgers) will play in the Big 10 starting in the 2014-15 academic year.

Edited by dmaul1114, 20 November 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#2592 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for the post, was at work for 12 hours today and couldn't keep up with the story.
It makes sense for the Big 10 to go after those media markets, hope it works out well.

#2593 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the post, was at work for 12 hours today and couldn't keep up with the story.
It makes sense for the Big 10 to go after those media markets, hope it works out well.

Too bad the Big 10 didn't realize that DCs market could care less about Maryland. It is still the ACC market with UVA alums all in the area and VT still the most well known athletics in the area. Though DC is more about Pros than College sports anyways.

#2594 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Also rumors that the Big 10 may also go after UNC and UVA, but just rumors at this point..

I hope not. Carolina should always be in the same conference (and preferably division) as Duke and NC State.

Boise State, BYU, and San Diego State may be returning to MWC: http://espn.go.com/c...urn-sources-say

#2595 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

It will money wise. Even if people in NYC and DC don't care about Rutgers/UMD it will force the Big Ten network down on to basic cable plans rather than sports packs or digital plus packages. Thus they'll get more money from each basic cable subscriber even if they never watch the channel.

I saw a breakdown somewhere yesterday. They get like 15-20 cents for each subscriber on a digital plus or sports pack, but around .70 cents for each when it's offered in the basic cable package.

#2596 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Exactly, it is all about making money and weakening two conferences to possibly start another domino effect.

http://sportsillustr...ment/index.html
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2597 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

It will money wise. Even if people in NYC and DC don't care about Rutgers/UMD it will force the Big Ten network down on to basic cable plans rather than sports packs or digital plus packages. Thus they'll get more money from each basic cable subscriber even if they never watch the channel.

I saw a breakdown somewhere yesterday. They get like 15-20 cents for each subscriber on a digital plus or sports pack, but around .70 cents for each when it's offered in the basic cable package.

You are right again Dmaul. FOX/Newscorp, which owns a portion of the BTN, just bought a 49% share of the YES Network. So do not be surprised if YES and BTN come as a package deal in the tri-state area.

As a Rutgers fan and alum I'm thrilled by this whole outcome.

#2598 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

WVU finally gets a win, winning 31-24 at Iowa State. Ugly win but I'll take. Bowl eligible now, and should beat Kansas at home next week.

Will be a crappy "who cares" bowl, but the extra practices are important for next year since we have so many Freshman and Sophomores playing currently.

#2599 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Yeah, it was good for W.Virginia to score that victory today. They should beat Kansas in the closer and a 7-5 finish always looks better than a 6-6 one.

I did not see the Apple Cup upset coming today, I really didn't think Washington St. had much of a chance against Washington. Anything can happen in any game though, especially in these end of season contests. I was really pulling for Iowa to go out with a win but they just couldn't get it done against Nebraska. So the Big Ten title game comes down to the Cornhuskers and Wisconsin.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's ABC slate, haven't been this excited for a single channel's one day lineup all season. The Game between the Wolverines and Buckeyes is followed by Florida vs Florida St. with N.Dame vs USC as the nightcap. FANTASTIC day of football begins 12 hours from now. Go Blue! :D

#2600 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Definitely hope Michigan pulls it out so I don't have to hear the delusional portion of Ohio State fans saying they deserve the AP National Title. They played no one out of conference, the Big 10 is way down this year, and they won't play in a conference championship game or a bowl game. I know none of those things will matter to the more "passionate" group of their fans :roll:.

Edited by blindinglights, 24 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.
Delirious ramblings

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#2601 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

A share? lol.

#2602 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Come on ACC beat those SEC opponents. That includes you Wake Forest.

#2603 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

A share? lol.

Err, split title. Stayed up for too long for lightning deals :-#.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#2604 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Guess FSU wasn't so underrated after all. :lol:

Hope ND chokes as well.

#2605 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Well, we're a Notre Dame choke away from an all-SEC title game.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#2606 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Just what the nation wants to see!
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2607 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

No way I watch the title game this year regardless as I loathed all the teams still in play going into this weekend. So just rooting against FSU and ND as those are my to most hated teams outside of WVU rivals like Pitt and VT.

#2608 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Ahahahah. Shut the Fuck up.

#2609 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

:D. and yep. That blowhard is one of many reasons I despise the Criminoles. Their fanbase is full of people like him that still think it's the late 90s. :lol:

#2610 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

This Notre Dame game has been more stressful than the Florida game, now that Florida won... not looking too good for title game hopes, though. Notre Dame looks impressive.