- - - - -

Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

• Please log in to reply
1549 replies to this topic

#511 davidpiano1

davidpiano1

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:36 AM

K ordered (20%+GB) ModNation + Guardian, (20%) UC2, MW2, AC2

Cancelled GOW Collection and Resonance of Fate - now I have an extra stackable code for the future

#512 RLeav20717

RLeav20717

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:27 AM

i dont think i overlooked anything in the forum, but for some reason i now have nothing under "quick picks" , when i browse my gold box..

I see an enclosed box labeled Best Deals, then below it is Customer Discussions...

did i do something wrong?

#513 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:33 AM

Well I'm getting game type items back now. I got Uncharted 2 just in time to preorder it and today I got gow collection and gta stories. But I also got a tent, a lighter thing, and another manual lawn mower...strange.

#514 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

You -always- get junk, no matter what.

#515 smashedfly

smashedfly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

Until a couple days ago, my quick picks were working great. Had plenty of games I'd been eyeing, or was interested in.

But now it's showing nothing but weird stuff that couldn't be farther from my interests. I mostly buy games, comic books, and game mags from amazon...and the occasional birthday or Xmas gift. And yet here I'm getting quick picks for labeling tape, bread machines, kitty litter (I don't even own a pet), and a Sarah Palin biography. ...What the heck? Nobody's been using my account, so it's not that.

#516 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Only 5 items today, with one game Atelier Annie DS.

Edit: Pre-ordered it for $15.49 after ECA and $10 off video game from Kingdom Hearts. Not too bad. In a sense, it gives me half off a new release DS game if I change my mind on this game.

Edited by craven_fiend, 03 October 2009 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

#517 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

i dont think i overlooked anything in the forum, but for some reason i now have nothing under "quick picks" , when i browse my gold box..

I see an enclosed box labeled Best Deals, then below it is Customer Discussions...

did i do something wrong?

We're really not sure why this happens, but it usually resolves itself the next day. It's nothing you did, it's Amazon. If you still have nothing tomorrow, you can try contacting them for help.

#518 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

Got Uncharted 2 back in my picks today (what's that, the fifth time now lol) and placed my order. Looks like the ninja update went through last night as well, since I got a MW2 limited edition strategy guide too. Well, barring any future ECA 'developments' I think my pre-orders are all set to go. Now to sit back and wait for the games to roll on in. :bouncy:

#519 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

Just had Halo Reach, Muramasa and Tales of Symphonia Wii show up in my Gold Box.

#520 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

Just had Halo Reach, Muramasa and Tales of Symphonia Wii show up in my Gold Box.

I knew I should've pre-ordered Halo Reach when it showed up. Going to be cursed for not ordering it.
Posted Image

#521 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

Only 5 items today, with one game Atelier Annie DS.

Edit: Pre-ordered it for $15.49 after ECA and $10 off video game from Kingdom Hearts. Not too bad. In a sense, it gives me half off a new release DS game if I change my mind on this game.

Darn, and I finally thought I was going to be able to contribute to this thread again! :-P

I also got :ds: Atelier Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island.

That and ECA put it at $25. It almost sucks Amazon has such great prices with these discounts, because I want those figurines from RosenQueen's pre-order, but I can't justify the $20 or more I'd end up paying.

I can add one game to the list at least after all my mooching lately: :psp: Kefka Bancho: Badass Rumble

Eh what the heck, maybe a little mooching. I think I'm going to try for The Beatles: Rock Band for the next week or so, since that $10 promotion lasts until the 15th. Two days so far with no luck. Only game I could find for a faux pre-order was Lego Rock Band.

Edited by Nirron, 03 October 2009 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

#522 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

Had a bunch of ninja additions since I literally had 0 recommendations when I went to bed. This is in my quick picks...Monando: Beginning of the World..60 dollars for a wii game? Never even heard of it either.

#523 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Had a bunch of ninja additions since I literally had 0 recommendations when I went to bed. This is in my quick picks...Monando: Beginning of the World..60 dollars for a wii game? Never even heard of it either.

Looks like its a Nintendo RPG.
Posted Image

#524 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

Monado is one game I am really looking forward to seeing, though I do sincerely hope that the pricing is a mistake. It's by Monolith Soft, the same guys who did the Xenosaga games on the PS2 and the Baten Kaitos games on the GameCube. We will speak no more of it here, but they also made Disaster: Day of Crisis, which didn't make it to the US.
Posted Image

#525 RLeav20717

RLeav20717

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

We're really not sure why this happens, but it usually resolves itself the next day. It's nothing you did, it's Amazon. If you still have nothing tomorrow, you can try contacting them for help.

thanks for the quick reply! I checked today, and i got my quick picks back

God of War III and MAG!

Ended up snagging GoWIII for 44.xx after ECA,

quick question, i preordered MW2, so i got that 10.00 credit, after MW2 ships, can i apply that 10.00 towards gow?

#526 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

quick question, i preordered MW2, so i got that 10.00 credit, after MW2 ships, can i apply that 10.00 towards gow?

You'll have to e-mail Amazon's Customer Service about it. For some weird reason, they still won't let you add any promotions or anything to orders that have already been placed.

Not sure how stingy they are, but I just did this with the $10 credit I got from Kingdom Hearts 358 / 2 Days, and they just reduced the price of Uncharted 2 to $46.99 rather than $56.99.
Posted Image

#527 RLeav20717

RLeav20717

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

You'll have to e-mail Amazon's Customer Service about it. For some weird reason, they still won't let you add any promotions or anything to orders that have already been placed.

Not sure how stingy they are, but I just did this with the $10 credit I got from Kingdom Hearts 358 / 2 Days, and they just reduced the price of Uncharted 2 to $46.99 rather than $56.99.

sounds good, thanks alot!

#528 TruthinessFC

TruthinessFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:54 PM

I've been seeing a lot of junk lately, but today my quick picks are:

Empire Total War Special Forces Edition
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - thought this was ineligible
God Hand
Infamous
God of War

Also had Agent show up a day or two ago.

Now Playing
:ps3: GTA V, FFXIV: ARR
:pc: Mists of Pandaria, Dota 2

#529 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

Final Fantasy Versus XIII - thought this was ineligible

FFXIII is, not versus.

#530 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

so i see marvel ultimate alliance 2 for 360 is in the OP, but how often has it shown up? because i see amazon just dropped the price of it down to $47, and i wonder if it's worth it to try and get it in my quick picks, or just order it at that price (plus triple eca codes that is)

#531 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

so i see marvel ultimate alliance 2 for 360 is in the OP, but how often has it shown up? because i see amazon just dropped the price of it down to $47, and i wonder if it's worth it to try and get it in my quick picks, or just order it at that price (plus triple eca codes that is)

It's probably worth a shot to try and get it in your Quick Picks in the next day or two. As long as you follow the first post's directions for adding/rating games, it could even be in there by tomorrow.

The only thing I've found is that some of the games listed from early in September seem to be pretty tough to get now, or might even be ineligible (I haven't seen :ps3: Dead Rising 2, :ps3: Dante's Inferno, or :wii: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories in my Quick Picks for quite a while, and I tried quite hard to get them there) Of course, my personal frustration and difficulty with some titles is far from indicative of all the early September listed titles as a whole. More than likely I just got unlucky.
Posted Image

#532 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:22 PM

Now there are triple ECA codes, wow...

I think I'm going to try and get that in my quick picks tomorrow and hope it's still on sale.
Posted Image

#533 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

For fun, just to make sure my Quick Picks weren't completely wonky, I cancelled my orders for FF13 Versus, ModNation Racers, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Monado, Arc Rise Fantasia, Metroid Other M, and Sakura Wars (Wii). I guess Amazon liked me as I got all 7 games in my Quick Picks.

Consider that testimonial that the system works naysayers!
Posted Image

#534 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

no games in my quick picks. All 'home' items that do not appear on my recommendations (at least in the first 600 items). I have only bought games and PSM subs on amazon. I think I have only bought from them 3 or 4 times since they created the site and my last order was last week for PS2 and PS3 games. Hopefully they will go back to normal tomorrow.

#535 TruthinessFC

TruthinessFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

Looks like my work on recommendations and such is getting better results now, thanks to this thread. Today my quick picks include :ps3: Lost Planet 2, :psp: Peace Walker, and :360: MGS: Rising.

Now if only Amazon would get it together and put the PS3 version of Rising up for preorder. :bomb:

Now Playing
:ps3: GTA V, FFXIV: ARR
:pc: Mists of Pandaria, Dota 2

#536 Spoit

Spoit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Anyone have any luck with the PC version of brink? I have the PS3 version in my quick picks, but Splash damage games are really better on the PC.

#537 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

Now if only Amazon would get it together and put the PS3 version of Rising up for preorder. :bomb:

Yeah, it's been pathetic how long that and Castlevania have been MIA for. I'm really not impressed with their bias towards PS3.

Anyone have any luck with the PC version of brink? I have the PS3 version in my quick picks, but Splash damage games are really better on the PC.

Just from the few months of working the system, I have never had a single PC game show up that I was trying for. They really don't add anything that isn't PC only it seems.

#538 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:17 AM

Yeah, it's been pathetic how long that and Castlevania have been MIA for. I'm really not impressed with their bias towards PS3.

This is somewhat starting to annoy me. They've apparently had Rising listed for months, yet can't seem to even create an entry for the PS3 or PC versions. I don't want to call it bias, but I will call it what it is: annoying. I will admit that I wanted to take advantage of a second (and final) ECA code stack, but all the games I want now are the ones Amazon won't allow me to pre-order (Valkyria Chronicles 2, MGS: Rising PS3, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PS3, and White Knight Chronicles)
Posted Image

#539 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:52 AM

Every damn time I get a game I really want in my quick-picks, there's a problem with ECA passwords. Currently, all the greedy punks who were stacking them caused codes to be pulled, so now I can't get Zelda: Spirit Tracks -- which is finally a quick-pick -- for the best price. Happened before when I had Assassin's Creed II as a quick-pick and the influx of ECA freebie joiners dried up the codes.
::shakes head::
Posted Image
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

#540 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

Every damn time I get a game I really want in my quick-picks, there's a problem with ECA passwords. Currently, all the greedy punks who were stacking them caused codes to be pulled, so now I can't get Zelda: Spirit Tracks -- which is finally a quick-pick -- for the best price. Happened before when I had Assassin's Creed II as a quick-pick and the influx of ECA freebie joiners dried up the codes.
::shakes head::

I got you, mate. Check your PM's. ;)